Baila

Hi 50pips,

Do not get upset by some unthought sayings by some people in this thread.

An EA is only an EA. Whether we like to use them or not, depending on our own likes / dislikes and risk appetite.

50pips has good willingness to share what he thinks is good, potentially profitable to anybody who wants to give this EA a try or use it on demo or live accounts. Please note that 50pips did not ask anybody for any money to use his shared EA.

So, it's up to each of us if we want to forward-test it on demo accounts or live accounts, and it's out of 50pips's responsibilities.

So, do not complain too much when you don't want to tolerate a rather big stop loss.

50pips, keep up your good spirits. No point to argue.

Again, thanks 50pips for sharing this interesting EA to all people here.

Enjoy green pips with this Baila EA. I did make some good profits with it, even though last few days, it did have some floating losses of around more or less 100 pips, but finally, it added some extra trades, and closed all trades for good profits.

I am now just wondering if this Baila is more profitable on higher time-frame like 30m or 1h than on 15m timeframe. Anybody can share his/her results if ever using this EA on 30m or 1h time-frame?

Thanks

Jennifer

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI has anyone figured out the money managment function I had it set to 10 but for some reason the EA trades .1 lots? Do I need to put a value of 0 on lot size so the EA uses money management? Thanks for you help!! Lots of pips gained in past week. Keep up the great work 50pips thank you for sharing this good EA.

Cheers

Jeff

Baila took its first trade for me on Oanda this evening, which is still currently open.

Quick question for the group: has anyone figured out the money management this EA uses? I didn't change the 'max lots' setting, so the trade I got this evening opened at the default of 0.10 no matter what I changed the other variables to. Just curious what others are seeing in testing that have played around with these variables.

Baila took its first trade for me on Oanda this evening, which is still currently open.

Quick question for the group: has anyone figured out the money management this EA uses? I didn't change the 'max lots' setting, so the trade I got this evening opened at the default of 0.10 no matter what I changed the other variables to. Just curious what others are seeing in testing that have played around with these variables.

Hi:

I am able to changed the lot size. I used all default settings except for the lotsize

I changed 'MaxLots' to 15.0, set 'Lots' to 0 and left 'TradeSizePercent' and 10.0.

MaxLots limited the EA to opening a 0.10 position on my initial trade; with 'Lots' at 0, I'm now testing to see what size position it will open based on 'TradeSizePercent'. My preference is always to set risk % when entering a trade, and it's just easier for me, if the EA handles this internally. This is why I was curious.

Guys

How often does this EA trade ? I'm running a forward with GoMarkets and since 1 week I had only 3 trades. The one mentioned by Chip4Pips yesterday did not happen for me.

Thank you

It trades only when prize reach full prize level, for example : 1.4300, 1.4200

On my account - Fxclearing this week it took 3 trades for +104pips

Regards

P

7 trades, 7 winners, 7 trading days, Total net gain = 284 pips This is live account trade on Oanda. Demo on Oanda and forex.com has close (almost) same results.

From what I can tell, it opens around psych level around 00 area (+/- spread) if coincide with s/r area. Signal comes average 1 per day. Initial risk is 210 pips vs profit target somewhere between 16 to 66 pips (depend on trailing, etc.). While it seem excellent for for picking entry point, I am not sure how often it will hit SL. If I hit 1 SL, I will still be little net positive. Overall, its performance is excellent so far.

Edited by fx4_ever

Well i have to disagree with fx4-ever. Having a SL so large means only a large DD which is way to excessive for my liking. At one stage my live was down over -120 pips with Baila to recover only due to favourable announcements. I have had 10 out of 10 trading kor harmonics with a SL of 40-50 pips TP on average 15 pips a trade Which would you rather go with? EA's will never perform long term as the markets change daily. So backtesting and forward testing an EA is useless. This is my opinion.

Well i have to disagree with fx4-ever. Having a SL so large means only a large DD which is way to excessive for my liking. At one stage my live was down over -120 pips with Baila to recover only due to favourable announcements. I have had 10 out of 10 trading kor harmonics with a SL of 40-50 pips TP on average 15 pips a trade Which would you rather go with? EA's will never perform long term as the markets change daily. So backtesting and forward testing an EA is useless. This is my opinion.

Hi Kappa - I've tried Kor Harmonics and couldn't make it profitable, can you let me know your secret i.e TF and preferred setups etc - I love the indicator but just couldn't win more than I lost! :)

I changed 'MaxLots' to 15.0, set 'Lots' to 0 and left 'TradeSizePercent' and 10.0.

MaxLots limited the EA to opening a 0.10 position on my initial trade; with 'Lots' at 0, I'm now testing to see what size position it will open based on 'TradeSizePercent'. My preference is always to set risk % when entering a trade, and it's just easier for me, if the EA handles this internally. This is why I was curious.

Hi:

Did you figure it out? Did it work out the MM part for you? I am still running it with manual lot size (not MM).

Also, today, it opened 2 orders at exact same price, same time. Did you experience this as well? I've running this 2-1/2 weeks now and this is the first time it happened. I am not sure if this is norm or not.

Moderators please close this thread..Its getting painfull to watch..What i dont get if some are so negative to EA's then why are you here..kind of makes me think you still looking for holly grail.

AS far as a EA goes this is very solid regardless of the stop required. You all just need to go back to your quest as iam getting this thread closed. God help me to post anything usefull here..you learn from your mistakes and it will NEVER happen again..

Good Luck with your trading

Hi:

Did you figure it out? Did it work out the MM part for you? I am still running it with manual lot size (not MM).

Also, today, it opened 2 orders at exact same price, same time. Did you experience this as well? I've running this 2-1/2 weeks now and this is the first time it happened. I am not sure if this is norm or not.

I have the same two trades that opened at the same time.

As for the MM, I set the 'Lots=0.0' and put the 'TradeSizePercent=10.0' and it opened those two trades with the minimum lotsize of 0.01. Clearly, that doesn't put 10% of a $10000 USD demo account at risk, so I'm still trying to figure out what it is calculating. At the very least, we know that it is a solid EA when using fixed lots and I can manually set these to risk whatever % of the account necessary via a simple Excel calc; hopefully, we'll get the MM sorted out though as it is easier to have it handled by the EA.

If the thread is closed, we can continue the conversation via PM, OK.

As for the MM, I set the 'Lots=0.0' and put the 'TradeSizePercent=10.0' and it opened those two trades with the minimum lotsize of 0.01. Clearly, that doesn't put 10% of a $10000 USD demo account at risk, so I'm still trying to figure out what it is calculating. At the very least, we know that it is a solid EA when using fixed lots and I can manually set these to risk whatever % of the account necessary via a simple Excel calc; hopefully, we'll get the MM sorted out though as it is easier to have it handled by the EA.

Sounds good to me. I will check the MM and let you know if I found anything useful. I am net over 300 pips in 9 days trading. My email is [email protected] I check my email more often than PM if you would like further discussion outside of the thread closing.

Moderators please close this thread..Its getting painfull to watch..What i dont get if some are so negative to EA's then why are you here..kind of makes me think you still looking for holly grail.

AS far as a EA goes this is very solid regardless of the stop required. You all just need to go back to your quest as iam getting this thread closed. God help me to post anything usefull here..you learn from your mistakes and it will NEVER happen again..

Good Luck with your trading

50pips, I hear your frustration. My old boss said "No good deed never go unpunished". Sometime, I feel that way too when I shared something on any forum. But, you really didn't think everyone will like what you've shared, did you? Please think of many of us who gets it and loving it and think of what you've shared here is not a mistake. To me, it was rare treat to find good system that works for my trading appetite! Thanks again for your contribution.

Edited by fx4_ever

I hope the Mods will not close this thread.

Anyway to CHips4Pips & Fx4ever...please PM me too when you guys managed to get that MM sorted out.

Edited by forexfx