{REQ} 1 click pips

That would be zero divide error. This is a runtime error where the logic tries to divide a number (int or double) bij zero.

Usually these computations are safeguarded against zero divide error, for example:

if (t!=0.0) { ap=as/t } else { ap=-1.0; }

If this ea is coded correctly and all conditions for correct functioning are met, then a zero divide should not occur. So the best thing to do would be to carefully check whether all conditions for correct functioning are met

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi traders, it seems like everyone is pissed at all the BS marketers selling garbage EA's. Henry Liu is another one of them who has fallen in the traps. I test EA's live accounts live feeds. You guys are far better off trading manually using harmonic patters and understanding fibs correctly. EA's do not understand the market and im sorry they never will!

I had steady winner on my live account this week, made cool 20 pips and stopped out twice for 100 pips. Once last night on live account. I have removed it and have no ea's now as they are all BS!

If someone has a profitable EA on live account please share. Dont share forward testing or backtesting or demo EA's. Not interested.

Please, let us (individual) to decide if this EA is good or bad for ourself. if someone knows how and willing, fix the zero divide issue please help us who are still interested in testing this EA.

Isn't this the reason that we are all here at Indo_invest forum? Share the EA/Indicator/Strategy for us to try/test/learn ourselves and decide?

Coders here, I've seen many EAs shows zero divide and programmer fixed the issue without too much trouble. Anyone willing to take a look at the code and help?

Edited by fx4_ever

FX4 ever its a loser been draining the acct all week. You need to cycle through the time frames , hit refresh o each one. Its not a code issue its a history. **** ea though so not worth it.
Thanks for the warning.

In spite of what other traders here said, forexpeacearmy's test result looks good. Thanks for the post.

I think I found the issue with zero divide. I've fixed it and now it doesn't give out the errors. But, I haven't seen any trade open yet. Since it is holiday (Good Friday) and market is pretty quiet, I may not see any orders today. As soon as I see modified EA opens the trade and still don't see error, I will post.

please tell how to fix zero divide error...i get in on Citi FX PRO demo 5 digit...but not on lite forex....4 digit....how dd you fix it?

I'v tried and it is very simple ... check You'r currency pair name - if it is EURUSD and has no extension like EURUSDPro etc. then it works, but if You want it to work with names like "EURUSDMicro", "EURUSDPro" etc. then edit code and add Your brokers extension to all double pairs (not single pair like "USD", "EUR") ... change "EURUSD" to "EURUSDMicro" (add brokers extension) and that's all ... I fixed mine and it shows no errors (no trades jet, but let see) ...

One more thing ... You should open graphs for all pairs this EA trades and put EA on one H4 graph and all others should be opened (al least) with 1M TF, so there would be no error with historical data, because this EA uses many pairs for trading.

it trades with only 1 4h chart open...we need all charts? ALSO original version has no tp or sl...extreme version has 250 tp and sl...trades can be profitable or unprofitable....original lets things run it seems...i have not lost badly yet but what hapens when trend goes 500 pips the wrong way with no sl...

ECN fix is simple ... send order without SL,TP and then modify order and apply TP and then SL ...

int SafeOrderSend(string a_symbol_0, int a_cmd_8, double a_lots_12, double ad_20, int a_slippage_28, double ad_32, double ad_40, string a_comment_48 = "", int a_magic_56 = 0, int a_datetime_60 = 0, color a_color_64 = -1) {

int l_error_68 = 146;

int l_ticket_72 = -1;

for (int l_count_76 = 0; l_count_76 < 2 && l_ticket_72 < 0; l_count_76++) {

while (l_error_68 == 146/* TRADE_CONTEXT_BUSY */ && l_ticket_72 == -1) {

WaitForContext();

l_ticket_72 = OrderSend(a_symbol_0, a_cmd_8, a_lots_12, NormalizeDouble(ad_20, MarketInfo(g_str_concat_212, MODE_DIGITS)), a_slippage_28, /*NormalizeDouble(ad_32, MarketInfo(g_str_concat_212, MODE_DIGITS))*/ 0, /*NormalizeDouble(ad_40, MarketInfo(g_str_concat_212, MODE_DIGITS))*/ 0, a_comment_48, a_magic_56, a_datetime_60, a_color_64);

l_error_68 = GetLastError();

}

// ECN Fix

bool l_bool_12 = FALSE;

while (l_bool_12 == FALSE) {

l_bool_12 = OrderSelect(l_ticket_72, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_TRADES);

Sleep(100);

}

for (l_bool_12 = FALSE; l_bool_12 == FALSE; l_bool_12 = OrderModify(l_ticket_72, OrderOpenPrice(), 0, NormalizeDouble(ad_40, MarketInfo(g_str_concat_212, MODE_DIGITS)), 0, White)) Sleep(5000);

for (l_bool_12 = FALSE; l_bool_12 == FALSE; l_bool_12 = OrderModify(l_ticket_72, OrderOpenPrice(), NormalizeDouble(ad_32, MarketInfo(g_str_concat_212, MODE_DIGITS)), NormalizeDouble(ad_40, MarketInfo(g_str_concat_212, MODE_DIGITS)), 0, White)) {

Sleep(5000);

l_bool_12 = OrderSelect(l_ticket_72, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_TRADES);

}

}

return (l_ticket_72);

}

Change values as needed ... variable names could be different ...

This EA is testing @ FPA. Currently, it is at 50% net gain. They may push the MM a little, but if this is the typical results, lowering the MM will also reduced the exposure and profit from this.

I have been following on this test from the day one and I am not sure why it close only losers and keeping the winners still. I've seen from 2nd day that it was total net 65% net gain, but EA never closed all trade and kept 65% net gain.

Can someone (coders) here read the code, can explain the logic behind this EA and tell us how and when EA is designed for closing all trade? I am assuming this is running on 1ClickPips (not 1ClockPips_Xtm)

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/test_lab/all_services/1_click_pips/demo

PS: I am able to trade on Oanda using EA "as is" without any modification. Which means, it should work on 5 digits, ECN broker's format. But, I don't think it works if Currency Symbol has suffix unless you add the suffix to the coding. Because, Forex.com, it won't open any trade 'as is'. Zero Divide error. After I add suffix EURUSDpro, it start to open trade.

BTW, It takes a while to open the trade.

Edited by fx4_ever

Don't waste time on this EA...

Their so called “Live Statement” does not reveal which broker they are using, so the result could easily have been falsified and/r it's a demo-account.

Looking closer to statement, the spread seem to be fix 1 point, which no real ECN/STP brokers are using.

Further, the statement shows that they are high-frequence scalping, and many orders are closed within 1 minute. This is something that most brokers don’t allow on live accounts.

So beware! This EA will ***NOT*** work on a live account!

Don't waste time on this EA...

Their so called “Live Statement” does not reveal which broker they are using, so the result could easily have been falsified and/r it's a demo-account.

Looking closer to statement, the spread seem to be fix 1 point, which no real ECN/STP brokers are using.

Further, the statement shows that they are high-frequence scalping, and many orders are closed within 1 minute. This is something that most brokers don’t allow on live accounts.

So beware! This EA will ***NOT*** work on a live account!

Hi Capella, when you say it will *** not work*, do you mean, it will not be profitable or EA will not open the trade on live account? Just want to be clear...

When I watched the video on their main page, I saw broker's name; Alpari UK (if you blink your eyes, you'll miss it, but it is there even though he scratch the broker's name).

Guest Jayman007

When you open and close a trade within like 2 mins then your broker has the option to delete them from your account. My broker (lite forex) has stated that if more than 20% of your trades are less then 2 min they will delete them. If you only have a few then it's not a big deal. The fact is that the broker lets you place and close the trade but later just erases it from your history. This is in there terms to help them from being victim to arbitrage.

Check with your broker as the rules might be different.

I'm testing it (xtreme) on my demo ... started with 5000 account and 1 lot fixed on 3th May 2011 ... now it is still in profit ... about 6000 USD ... it sometimes uses 1 lot for trading another time 0.1 lot (some kind MM) ... but 10% in few days is quite impressive ... we'll see ... if it is profitable a month or so then I'm going live ... now we might see heavvy move while EUR is falling and Greeks want to leave EURO zone ... If it survives this month, than it would be the GRAIL and broker buster:D

OK i got it to work now can trade on citifx....and im not sure what ecn fix is for...but it seems original 1click pips does not place tp or sl for 4 or 5 digit brokers...

ECN fix is for ECN accounts with commission (lowest spread accounts) and those accounts are not able to open order with TP and SL set ... first we need to send order without TP,SL and then If order is open we'll modify order and set SL,TP and that's all.

But I like Risk and Reward ratio (if it woks) ... it's 1:1 ... this mean If it is profitable about 60% of the time ... then we are in profit:D

One thing I do not like is testing ... I haveto deside on future results if I'm goint to risk trading it or not ....

Edited by krisware

I'm testing it (xtreme) on my demo ... started with 5000 account and 1 lot fixed on 3th May 2011 ... now it is still in profit ... about 6000 USD ... it sometimes uses 1 lot for trading another time 0.1 lot (some kind MM) ... but 10% in few days is quite impressive ... we'll see ... if it is profitable a month or so then I'm going live ... now we might see heavvy move while EUR is falling and Greeks want to leave EURO zone ... If it survives this month, than it would be the GRAIL and broker buster:D

I do have about 10% gain. I have mine setup at $1000.00 balance with 0.02 lots to trade, but it trade largest lot = 0.1. So, it's 5x of your lot settings. I still don't know why it doesn't close when it was really in good profit.

kris,

did you use default setttings ??? 25 pip sl and 25 pip take profit ???

i just started my demo today and no trades yet.

the regular click version places no tp and sl values and might produce different results.

so far i only run the extreme like you with default values.

ah just seen your post, gotta load the ecn version, thx man :)

Edited by reinerh

kris,

did you use default setttings ??? 25 pip sl and 25 pip take profit ???

i just started my demo today and no trades yet.

the regular click version places no tp and sl values and might produce different results.

so far i only run the extreme like you with default values.

ah just seen your post, gotta load the ecn version, thx man :)

I'm not using that version we have in this thread ... here it is ECN ready ... hxxp://[email protected]/GXV9R015V6

Edited by krisware

I do have about 10% gain. I have mine setup at $1000.00 balance with 0.02 lots to trade, but it trade largest lot = 0.1. So, it's 5x of your lot settings. I still don't know why it doesn't close when it was really in good profit.

I have this version running, too and I'm closing order when we reach some kind on resistance or support level ... I'v uploaded my version with ECN fix ... check my posts ...