Range breakout

hi all,

as i said i love simple systems.they wont confuse us.we all know that markets always in two phase.one is

range and second is trend,these two phases one by one as a cycle.if we can find perfect range we can pickup trends easily.for that i use simple techique.take 3 moving averages and bollingerband default.

how tofind ranges.simple if 3 moving averages came to much closer and bolinger freezes,it is perfect range.how to trade,simple put one buy stop order 1o pips above the range and sell stop 10 pips below the range.stoploss is outer line of the range.how to exit.it is hard,i use 3 methods.1.riskreward 1:1 or trailing stop as range or moneyflow index close oppositely at 45.

happy tradING.,

http://i.imgur.com/vbP6r.gif

Edited by saambask

Maybe you should explain things. You entry (sell) does not make sense compared to your blue range box in pic 1.

hey juicyt,

iam explaining method here,iam not showing my trades.i explained the method of trading in first post.and i showed eurusd chart only.the sell appeared there is my other trading method line breakout.because it is my live account.it appearing there.you see the method and understand it.otherwise leave it.

it is looking very bad forum.,no respect each others.moderator leaved people t thier wish.iam leaving from this forum.,

very bad forum

He is trading the breakout from a bollinger band squeeze, the money flow index is like a momentum indicator, get in when the momentum crosses over 45. Exit when money flow is below 45, I guess. Edited by shabz

Thanks for this breakout system

Hi saambask,

Just want to drop a note saying thanks to your system. I read the book on Bollinger Band by the author before on squeeze breakout, but have never thought of a better mechanical technique for entering the breakout. Your method of using 3 MAs does provide some good ideas to ponder over, so here are the results of the quick demo I had this afternoon.

2 trades taken, one on GBPUSD and another on GBPAUD

http://i.imgur.com/rUWVO.jpg

GBPUSD

http://i.imgur.com/ZFzLF.jpg

GBPAUD

http://i.imgur.com/QUkdg.jpg

Regards,

Collin

Hi Collin,

Thank you so much for the template. Can you pls kindly expalin a little on how you set the range of the breakout and what is your entry point for the buy & sell. Also how do you use the MFI to helps?

Thank you

Rgds

Derrick

Hi derricktan,

I only uses the H1 time frame, as shown in saambask's chart. About the money flow indicator, saambask mentions using it for the exit rules which I didn't really make use of since I prefer my personal exit methods instead (ratio 1:1 or exit at big numbers).

The only indicator that I watch is the 3 MAs, which as long as any of them starts crossing I will look for the BB squeezing sign. Once BB starts to show sign of breaking out of the squeeze I start putting in stop entries 10 pips away from both the top and bottom BB (indicated by saambask post in the beginning). Use the other end of the BB line as your stoploss.

This is just my first demo test, so some of the rules may need to be tweeted along the way.

Regards,

Collin

Hi derricktan,

I only uses the H1 time frame, as shown in saambask's chart. About the money flow indicator, saambask mentions using it for the exit rules which I didn't really make use of since I prefer my personal exit methods instead (ratio 1:1 or exit at big numbers).

The only indicator that I watch is the 3 MAs, which as long as any of them starts crossing I will look for the BB squeezing sign. Once BB starts to show sign of breaking out of the squeeze I start putting in stop entries 10 pips away from both the top and bottom BB (indicated by saambask post in the beginning). Use the other end of the BB line as your stoploss.

This is just my first demo test, so some of the rules may need to be tweeted along the way.

Regards,

Collin

hi collinsmith,

i rejoined this forum activity.i was upset by some members rude responses like juicity.i dont know why they came into this forum,playing with forex toys.oneday it will eat them.

ok coming to the point,you did good job you did exactly correct.for better exit strategies iam looking for years.i want attach my rangebreakout zipfile here but it is not possible.i dont like upload websites.so people can download it from my thread in another forum.

http://www.worldwide-invest.org/trading-systems-strategies/2665-range-breakout.html

Edited by saambask

Hi saambask,

I believe different people have different level of requirement for a system's rules and explanations, since we all come from vast types of background. So understandable some will definitely request for more precise rules of entries/exits while others prefer compromising and twisting instead.

Your range breakout system is definitely one of the better one that I find workable. Hourly chart could be an issue to some working people, but it is something worth looking into. Again, I would like to thank you for your kind sharing. It does make my learning curve much better.

Regards,

Collin

"Maybe you should explain things. You entry (sell) does not make sense compared to your blue range box in pic 1." Wow, how rude of me to point out your picture doesn't make sense. I think you need to 'Grow a set' and man up. If someone wrote that about me, I'd say "Sorry, that entry is from something different." and it would be over with.

Moving forward, good luck with it, I hope it is a great system.

"Maybe you should explain things. You entry (sell) does not make sense compared to your blue range box in pic 1." Wow, how rude of me to point out your picture doesn't make sense. I think you need to 'Grow a set' and man up. If someone wrote that about me, I'd say "Sorry, that entry is from something different." and it would be over with.

Moving forward, good luck with it, I hope it is a great system.

hi juicyt,

all of us here are learning from each others.next time i will post with clear explanations.i didnt noticed my sell in first post when i attach here.

thank you

ms reddy