[SHARE] Avoitenko EA from 2010 MQL5 Championship

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share something I have just found, it is supposed to be Andrey Voytenko's EA from 2010 MQL5 Championship

http://rapidshare.com/files/452451328/mql5contest.rar

Enjoy! ;)

thank you.

but a MetaTrader5 is no run with intallation!no connection---emailcode.

here from metaquotes support team:

This error was already fixed.

Please wait for Client Terminal update.

optimised for the championship.

Sorry Norman but what you say is not correct.

Most if not every EA that is used on the championship is indeed over-optimized and overleveraged because they know that they can't win anything if they end up 4th on the ranking list.

But I tested his EA from day 1. Because he made his EA already public when the championship started.

It was to me very clear that this EA has a lot of potential on a MT5 platform. I had even found some mutual parameters that made a very nice profit on several pairs without changing the parameters between the pairs--which is a very rare thing and proofs robustness of the logics of the system.

I asked him to write the rules of the EA of the MT5 platform into an MT4 version. Strange enough he had to change some of the parameters because the original parameters that worked for the MT5 platform did not work for the MT4 platform. One of them (and most important one) is the "inside level". For MT5 it needs the value 40 and for the MT4 version it needs value 30.

The last couple of months the results are not realy nice anymore on the eurusd but again this EA has some serious potential. I am attempted to say that it has some logic

(even that I am a develloper of systems I can not read MQL language to understand what the logics are and maybe to help to improve them) that it is one of the best of all EA's that can be found here on Indo.

A pitty is that here in this forum people are only concetrating on cracking EA's but hardly ever I see here people who add or improve a system even tough that they are programmers.

But I know also that programmers are standing as far away from develloping like architecs and ingeneers who are constructing a house or a building.

Develloping is an art and programming is sience and they hardly go together.

So it would be nice to see for once that this topic could concentrate on making an EA better and improve it. Again I tested this EA inside out and it is very ROBUST and not only on the eurusd.

And on the other hand I understand the people who can make it better will not share their knowledge because to many people sit here only to TAKE here from this forum and don't GIVE back anything.

Friendly regards.... FXiGoR

The last couple of months the results are not realy nice anymore on the eurusd but again this EA has some serious potential. I am attempted to say that it has some logic

hi igor, good to hear from you.

i agree with what you are saying on all of your points - both about the forum and the EA. the fact remains though it does need to be optimised and the tests show this as well as your statement above.

with some thinking it does have potential - just making people aware it was optimised for a point in time.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Thanks for the repost, heres another mirror just in case :))

http://www.4shared.com/file/vDxsHHrq/championship_2010_v2_N1.html

I hope this one turns out well :)) thank you guys for this amazing place in the depths of the internet :))

Most if not every EA that is used on the championship is indeed over-optimized and overleveraged because they know that they can't win anything if they end up 4th on the ranking list.

But I tested his EA from day 1. Because he made his EA already public when the championship started.

It was to me very clear that this EA has a lot of potential on a MT5 platform. I had even found some mutual parameters that made a very nice profit on several pairs without changing the parameters between the pairs--which is a very rare thing and proofs robustness of the logics of the system.

I asked him to write the rules of the EA of the MT5 platform into an MT4 version. Strange enough he had to change some of the parameters because the original parameters that worked for the MT5 platform did not work for the MT4 platform. One of them (and most important one) is the "inside level". For MT5 it needs the value 40 and for the MT4 version it needs value 30.

(even that I am a develloper of systems I can not read MQL language to understand what the logics are and maybe to help to improve them) that it is one of the best of all EA's that can be found here on Indo.

A pitty is that here in this forum people are only concetrating on cracking EA's but hardly ever I see here people who add or improve a system even tough that they are programmers.

But I know also that programmers are standing as far away from develloping like architecs and ingeneers who are constructing a house or a building.

Develloping is an art and programming is sience and they hardly go together.

So it would be nice to see for once that this topic could concentrate on making an EA better and improve it. Again I tested this EA inside out and it is very ROBUST and not only on the eurusd.

And on the other hand I understand the people who can make it better will not share their knowledge because to many people sit here only to TAKE here from this forum and don't GIVE back anything.

Friendly regards.... FXiGoR

Hey FXIgor

Can you please post your backtest results on this so we can see the potential?

Thanks