Real Time Pip Risk Calculator Excel using DDE

Hi there Traders

Not sure if this is the correct place to post it

But i made my self some time ago an extended version of the Standard DDE example who is included with Metatrade4

i did also put in some calculations for the Surfire Hedging Strategy and the Powerhedge Strategy

its not perfect yet but for me it works

it would be nice to have some parts included on the chart if possible or an EA made out if it

please feel free to enhange it and fix things who are not correct.

one thing i have to say for now it only works if your Metatrade uses for example EURUSD or GBPJPY as pair name

if your pairs are named like EURUSDm or some other different caracter it wil not regonise it but that is easy to change in excel

have fun with it and share your extensions

http://www.xs4all.nl/~freakgib/Trading/pip_Calculator%201.4.3.ods

i made it with open office

Greets

Gert

Edited by freakgib

sorry forgot that most people use microsoft Office Excel

i did forget to save it in Excell but Hockboon did already adjust it

btw if someone gets strange numbers like for example EURUSD is not 1.3800 but 13800.0000 then u have to change your country settings if i am correct

i did put it in the format for US

the difference is us uses . and EUR is , or vise versa not sure but if u change it it wil work

please leave a comment if u like it or not and if it works

and if u did enhange it adding other calculations in it please chare it

i like to have a muiltie purpose tool

Works very well with openoffice, thanks :-) Could you please explain the column "trend extreme" and "Advange" tab?

Wel the Trend Extreme column i use for my STAR trading system

example lets say EU made a new high and i expect it wil reverse and is now making a pullback then i type the price of the latest high in that column and i know exactly how many pips the market is away from that last high so when i place my order after the retrace back i know what my stop is and if i know what the size of my stop is i put that number in S/L u want and it tells me excatly what order size i can trade calculated on the size of my account and the risk i use :)

u can also use it tho show u how much some pairs trended just at the start of the day/week u put in the same number as where the market is now so the outcome is Zero

and then the next day or hours u can see what pair did move the most

about the advange Tab wel when i did start making this excel the advange was indeed more advange

but after some time the simple tab did also advanges

there is one difference

in the advange tab u have the option LOTS lets say u have 1000 dollar and u want to trade with at least 0.1 lot and risk 2%

then the outcome is 20 pips for EU but u can also type in the S/L u want say 35 pips then u only can use 0.06 lots

btw i did also save a xls version now u can download both versions

http://www.xs4all.nl/~freakgib/Trading/

Greets

Freak

Edited by freakgib