Alert for this Excellent Indicator Please

Diesel 10

Here is the latest "2EMA_5_Cross Trading System" .

It is a manual system.

The package contains a simple Trailing-EA which can be used as EA or script. Both work the same.

Rules for Entries:

LONG:

1. Arrow Up

2.QQE blue line is about to cross the 50-line upwards ... or is above already

3. QQE blue line is above red dotted line.

SHORT:

1. Arrow down

2. QQE blue line is about to cross the 50-line downwards ... or is below

already

3. QQE blue line is below red dotted line

EXIT:

a) fix TP

b) Trail Stop

c) at S/R levels of your choice

d) when opposite arrow appears

e) when QQE blue line crosses the red dotted line in opposite trend direction

f) when QQE blue line crosses 50 line

Initial SL:

Last Swing high/low

Please let us know if you find better indicators for entries and filtering

of signals.

We only want the best .... :)

Timeframes ?

H1 most preferred, but M15 and M30 look good too.

H4 needs other settings, I don´t use it, so I cannot tell what settings

would fit.

http://www.multiupload.com/DG3V415Y2D

http://b.imagehost.org/0272/2EMA5_Cross_system.jpg

@fxeasy5

You do realize that this is almost 95% copy of the same system known as the Forex Rebellion right? All that is missing is to shift the both 5 EMA by +3 and +5 . Which by the way the +5 and +3 look better

Edited by German
spelling

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@fxeasy5

You do realize that this is almost 95% copy of the same system known as the Forex Rebellion right? All that is missing is to shift the both 5 EMA by +3 and +5 . Which by the way the +5 and +3 look better

I have no idea about Forex Rebellion and what strategy they use.

I know that Forex Rebellion exists and have it on my harddrive but never bothered to analyze how it is built and stopped trading with it after a few losses. Never used it again because I thought it is not worth to waste time on it.

This free shared system developed from another system which uses exactly the EMA-5 cross (not the indicator we use but just the 2MAs on the chart) and it was by accident that I suggested to use this indicator in the other thread where a commercial indicator was requested.

I said that the EMA-5 cross is better and for free.

That is the way it went and the QQE was discovered by me yesterday by reading a thread in another forum where somebody suggested a trading system with the QQE.

While reading it I thought: why not apply it maybe as filter to the 5ema-cross ?

That is the whole story behind it ... has absolutely nothing to do with Forex Rebellion. Therefore it is not a copy but a development without knowing FX Rebellions strategy.

Thanks for mentioning the shift of the MAs.

If the signals get better, that would be fine, but they are excellent already I think. Will experiment with those settings to decide which I will use.

Thanks for your input.

Here's the 123 indicator, but I would be cautious of it since as price moves in one direction, the 123 will change, it reminds me of zig zag...

http://www.easy-share.com/1908495016/!_Show 123 Indicators.rar

That is NOT the same indicator I mentioned at all ! The indicator I mentioned is completely different than this one. Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bhoaaaf8t9dwra7

Please note that this 1-2-3 Patterns indicator doesn't actually show a breakout (and a most important ARROW) unless there is a CLOSE above the #2 point! Here is what I'm talking about:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/jtimpsonstamps/123patterns1.gif

after the large blue up arrow, now ok to take Long signals only. And in fact if you look closely, inside this first large blue arrow is a small blue 2EMA 5 Crossing up arrow!

and

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/jtimpsonstamps/123patterns2.gif

after the large red down arrow, ok to take short signals only (until a large blue arrow appears). Note in the middle of the chart there was a small apparent break up but a arrow didn't appear because it didn't CLOSE above the resistance line...

I hope this is more clear!

To me this appears to be an excellent PRICE ACTION screen/filter for the 2EMA 5 Cross signals...

These charts are a EURUSD 5min time frame and recent price action from Friday in both directions so no cherry pick...

Edited by Diesel 10

stovedude,

the 123 Patterns look good. If possible, please give the option for selecting on/off for them.

The MA Cross and QQE are basic stuff.

The EA should allow to choose the settings of MA1 and MA2 . With this we can optimize the system and find

the best MA-settings.

German said that this system is almost similar to Forex Rebellion. I have analyzed the Rebellion now and here is

what it does:

1. MA-cross Arrow on Chart : EMA-4 crosses EMA-5 both on Close

2. QQE Adv : seems to have the same rules ( blue line at zero-line or beyond and blue line must have crossed red dotted line)

3. Additional Filter for Trend: EMA-5 shift 3 on close and EMA-5 shift 5 on close

They have these EMAs plotted on the chart to see the trend visually.

If possible it would be good to have this additional filter as option on/off

Maybe it enhances the performance.

Here is the Rebellion system. The "EA" does not trade. It checks the conditions for valid entries and displays them on the chart and gives alerts.

I have included a modified trade-assistant EA by quicksilver which checks higher TF trend too.

http://www.multiupload.com/LOIEUCH73K

Edited by fxeasy5

I have no idea about Forex Rebellion and what strategy they use.

I know that Forex Rebellion exists and have it on my harddrive but never bothered to analyze how it is built and stopped trading with it after a few losses. Never used it again because I thought it is not worth to waste time on it.

This free shared system developed from another system which uses exactly the EMA-5 cross (not the indicator we use but just the 2MAs on the chart) and it was by accident that I suggested to use this indicator in the other thread where a commercial indicator was requested.

I said that the EMA-5 cross is better and for free.

That is the way it went and the QQE was discovered by me yesterday by reading a thread in another forum where somebody suggested a trading system with the QQE.

While reading it I thought: why not apply it maybe as filter to the 5ema-cross ?

That is the whole story behind it ... has absolutely nothing to do with Forex Rebellion. Therefore it is not a copy but a development without knowing FX Rebellions strategy.

Thanks for mentioning the shift of the MAs.

If the signals get better, that would be fine, but they are excellent already I think. Will experiment with those settings to decide which I will use.

Thanks for your input.

Yes I know how this thread started and that you shared the MA indictor on the another thread trying to help out the members from buying it.

I was just trying to save you the trouble since there was a system already with these functions and very similar set up.

I tried with Short Period = 2 and Big Period = 3 and the signals look good.

Does the signal appear at the actual bar or the open of the new bar ?

wmacross1 doesnt allow EMA of open, only close (you can change this option only by editing the indicator in MetaEditor)

it draws arrow on current candle as soon as the cross occurs: arrow can appear and disappear until end of candle BUT once candle closes, if it has printed an arrow that arrow doesnt disappear (unlike 2MAcross indicator)

wmacross1 doesn not repaint: the arrow may appear or disappear during current candle as the MAs cross and uncross; you have to wait for candle close for definitive signal

camisa,

please modify the code of the wmacross1 for us.

We need:

1 . ema , not lwma

2. alert only when signal is fixed ( when it will not disappear anymore )

We don´t need hundreds of alerts which the wmacross1 is giving now until the dot is fixed.

3. option for pricemode "open" or "close" .

Thanks

Actually, the arrows can disappear only if historical data somehow changes slightly or the indicator recalculates differently at some times (which should never happen). The only problem I see here is that I have never been able to get an EA to actually work on an offline chart, even though they promise it will. I've tried many different suggestions, but nada. The good news is that there is a very very easy work-around for this. You need to place the EA on a time chart (any TF) and have it call the m2 indicators remotely. This is a nice method, because it allows you to backtest and optimize as well, but it requires all three charts (m1,m2, and EA chart) to be open with the CRB or Renko generator generating. I'll get to work on it tonight and we'll see if it's worth it.

stovedude,

something is wrong with the 2MA Crossover indicator. I have no idea why it "forgets" to draw bad signals

on the historical chart. In visual strategy tester it is drawing all signals .

We must forget the strategy on the RangeBarChart because I have modified the wmacross indicator which camisa posted and now I can see all bad signals on the chart which are not drawn by the 2MA Crossover.

I will delete all postings which have to do with the RangeBarChart and I would like to know what the indicator is doing

with historical data.

Or maybe I don´t need to know it.

We just need an indicator like it which is drawing the signals correctly on historical charts.

camisa would say that the wmv-cross does this, yes, but the alert is useless because it makes you crazy.

I know you can code indicators too.

Would you mind to modify that indicator , so it is giving the alert only once per valid signal ?

Edit: Stovedude modified the wma_cross1 indicator for us.

Now it only gives 1 Alert on the open of the new bar ... that is when the MA-cross is confirmed and the signal dot or arrow is drawn on the previous bar.

Thanks Stovedude for your help.

I modified the indicator a bit more. Now we can choose MA-mod and Price-mod and the arrows ( thick, thin, hollow .... etc. ).

I renamed the indicator to wma_cross2.

It is contained in the MA-cross collection here:

http://www.multiupload.com/0D5H7RLXNX

Edited by fxeasy5

Looks like megashop did the EA already. Please share... I agree with fxeasy, this indicator is displaying the same problem I've had with MT4 indicators. History looks good, but live is different. For some reason, history must have 2 consecutive candles after a cross before it will print the arrow. Otherwise, if it crosses back immediately after the first cross, it will not print. However, live will show the arrow (until you refresh a candle or two later anyway). This is a phenomenon with MT4, and I'm not sure if it's there intentionally (to mess us up), or if it's just a permanent bug, but I know that using lines with changing colors will act the same way.

Maybe megashop's EA will shed some light on this strategy...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Diesal,

How do u this your system..

i don't understand.

Would u please explain.

thanks.

That is NOT the same indicator I mentioned at all ! The indicator I mentioned is completely different than this one. Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bhoaaaf8t9dwra7

Please note that this 1-2-3 Patterns indicator doesn't actually show a breakout (and a most important ARROW) unless there is a CLOSE above the #2 point! Here is what I'm talking about:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/jtimpsonstamps/123patterns1.gif

after the large blue up arrow, now ok to take Long signals only. And in fact if you look closely, inside this first large blue arrow is a small blue 2EMA 5 Crossing up arrow!

and

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/jtimpsonstamps/123patterns2.gif

after the large red down arrow, ok to take short signals only (until a large blue arrow appears). Note in the middle of the chart there was a small apparent break up but a arrow didn't appear because it didn't CLOSE above the resistance line...

I hope this is more clear!

To me this appears to be an excellent PRICE ACTION screen/filter for the 2EMA 5 Cross signals...

These charts are a EURUSD 5min time frame and recent price action from Friday in both directions so no cherry pick...