{Share} Turimix

Looks great on backtests. Maybe Norman can do a tick test.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cfpbbib38rktncj

Falls into the category of TGTBT!

Edit: I just saw that fxknight rebuked the myth in another forum. So much for margaritas and Pacific sunsets before next year! It is still fun to look at and dream...

Edited by hitescape
More info

The first sanity test is: If it makes so much money and the trades are so acurate why does it only cost $40??? It fails the Too Good to be True sniff test.

None the less for the people that think I am negative on ALL EAs, I went ahead and put it on my live account. Here are today's live results on the EURUSD at The Collective for 2 hours of trading. There were 21 trades in total, 16 winning trades and 5 losing trades. Total losing trades totaled -63.2 pips and winning trades totaled +30.6 pips for a net of -32.6 pips. On The Collective FX demo account it had 20 out of 21 winning trades for a net gain of 62.8 pips. MB Traders and JadeFX had similar demo results as The Collective but I did not try it live on them.

It may behave differently on non-ECN fixed spread brokers but someone else will have to test that.

Edited by hitescape

Just got it decompiled and looking into the code... See some priceaction function...mmmhhh...

Cheers

that old chestnut! wonder if it does it better than others in the past.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• 2 weeks later...
The first sanity test is: If it makes so much money and the trades are so acurate why does it only cost $40??? It fails the Too Good to be True sniff test.

None the less for the people that think I am negative on ALL EAs, I went ahead and put it on my live account. Here are today's live results on the EURUSD at The Collective for 2 hours of trading. There were 21 trades in total, 16 winning trades and 5 losing trades. Total losing trades totaled -63.2 pips and winning trades totaled +30.6 pips for a net of -32.6 pips. On The Collective FX demo account it had 20 out of 21 winning trades for a net gain of 62.8 pips. MB Traders and JadeFX had similar demo results as The Collective but I did not try it live on them.

It may behave differently on non-ECN fixed spread brokers but someone else will have to test that.

Just a thought but if it works on demo wouldn't it be possible to use a trade copier to get the trades to your live account ? Unless of course the feed is radically different since the TP looks like it's 3 pips or something.

Edited by SpacyTrader

Just a thought but if it works on demo wouldn't it be possible to use a trade copier to get the trades to your live account ? Unless of course the feed is radically different since the TP looks like it's 3 pips or something.

Also, have you ever seen a demo account that gave you a Re-Quote or Off-Quote error? The delay from those errors cancel any possible advantage that you could gain. Remember, I tried this live on an ECN that supposedly doesn't care if I make money or not.

Backtested well even with a slightly wider stop loss - 22 pips, might try this with small live account

You don't seem to understand. It is not the stop loss, it is the fact that you don't win anywhere enough to offset even minimal losses. Go back and look at my results of live testing.

Never mind. One more live test will help drive home the point.

• 3 months later...