K. R. A. P. P

kraven

no problem glad to help, shames it's not live you could have retired by now :)).......but remember no system is 100%....if its 50% and the rewards 2:1 your doing ok..........also beware if MA's are flat.........nice trend now on EU and GU (at times), so nice trades most of the time......22 wins out of 23 =D>....if you trade EU and GU today GU would have give you 2 with upto +70 on each and EU 1 for ???30????40????100??? 155??:-O

p.s. just bailed for +70 on GU after last entry (hit KRAPP line then through MA at 12:00 gmt 1.5627)

Edited by kraven

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The K.R.A.P.P. method and the 30Pips method work very nicely together, they are quite complementary.

Put them both on the same chart; you can work either one or both simultaneously.

If the K.R.A.P.P. method indicates a trade AND you get an arrow AND the CCI all conform it's a high-probability signal.

I have to admit, I don't know the 30pip method (I assume it is a 30pip take profit system), but in saying that, I have found that managing the trade from KRAPP to KRAPP (placing stops a few pips behind KRAPP line once price/candle closes past it) can give at times some very good pips. I'm talking 5:1RR to almost 10:1RR with 10-15pip stops. Thats another area I see them being very handy, managing the trade better than before.

Juicyt

The 30Pips method can be found here on the forum.

I am sometimes using your approach too, it can work well.

Another alternative for SL is if you are taking a bounce off of a cluster of lines, and putting your stop just behind the cluster.

I have to admit, I don't know the 30pip method (I assume it is a 30pip take profit system), but in saying that, I have found that managing the trade from KRAPP to KRAPP (placing stops a few pips behind KRAPP line once price/candle closes past it) can give at times some very good pips. I'm talking 5:1RR to almost 10:1RR with 10-15pip stops. Thats another area I see them being very handy, managing the trade better than before.

Juicyt

looks interesting conglo....whats been your success rate on this? do you have any tips? like do you stay in a bet for a set length of time?

ed..having played with this today i can't possibly see how you could get this to work on a regular basis.........it re-paints so bad, e.g. it just seems to keep putting a buy arrow on until it eventualy gets it right, i've just seen 4 consecutive down candles, after everyone an arrow has appeared to buy (it' now -35 pips since 1st arrow)

Edited by kraven

I haven't analyzed the account and can't provide stats, I'm still playing with it, all I can tell you is that I'm winning more than I'm losing.

I look at the PC when I can and if I see enough volatility I wait for a signal. I tend to be too quick to take profits, I usually use the ProCCI to hit zero.

You must wait for the next candle after the arrow to confirm, if it doesn't show any signs of a strong reversal (this is somewhat subjective) you pass on the trade.

The arrows only indicate a possible trade, there must be a candle formation to confirm.

looks interesting conglo....whats been your success rate on this? do you have any tips? like do you stay in a bet for a set length of time?

ed..having played with this today i can't possibly see how you could get this to work on a regular basis.........it re-paints so bad, e.g. it just seems to keep putting a buy arrow on until it eventualy gets it right, i've just seen 4 consecutive down candles, after everyone an arrow has appeared to buy (it' now -35 pips since 1st arrow)

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone possibly make an indicator to place MONTHLY KRAPP lines on a chart with some conditions? I just want to be able to change the style & color of line it places on and I'd like to be able to have the indicator look back an adjustable amount.

So to recap, Monthly KRAPP lines viewable on any chart time frame, adjustable lookback amount and adjustable style and color lines.

Thanks all!

Juicyt

so, I tried to add the indicator on the charts like 30 times with different look back settings and it worked.. intil I hit the second chart. My computer was going so slow I had to delete the chart and the idea of doing it that way. ANYBODY want to make a simple indicator (1 indicator per chart instead of adding heaps) that can do the job without killing my computer/mt4 program? Or am I subjected to doing this massive task manually. (I know it's not that huge a task but an indicator would be great!)

Juicyt

yeah I know Kraven, infact I only want the monthly lines so once it's done it really is done for some time. I just thought if someone could make an indicator that we could change the times and lookback bars on it would make perfecting a system a lot faster and easier.

Juicyt

• 2 weeks later...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/jettkingsley/matts_trading/KRAPP_weeklypins.jpg

I don't know if anyone is still looking at these, but this picture should give you a good idea of how to trade these KRAPP lines very well. Good old fashioned Pins with confluence of MA's and KRAPP. How exciting.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/jettkingsley/matts_trading/KRAPP_weeklypins.jpg

I don't know if anyone is still looking at these, but this picture should give you a good idea of how to trade these KRAPP lines very well. Good old fashioned Pins with confluence of MA's and KRAPP. How exciting.

Hi juicyt,

please share your template. Thanks in advance!

No! Although I too love to write "thanks in advance" and for that alone I should just share it.

But, to be honest, there is no point me sharing a template, you could have it setup before I do it. I simply have the MA's on screen with the HLC indicator a few pages back set on 1440 looking back 1 day. All the blue lines you must do yourself by using a weekly candle or bar. That is all.

So you add 4 MA's and the indicator, draw in the weekly HCL's and wait for a pin to form in a good trend and show confluence of MA's and HLC line. Simple. You could use this on 5min or 15min chart...

• 1 month later...

Still having the best success using these KRAPP lines. Weekly OHLC but only using 50SMA and waiting for the bounce. Can anyone PLEASE make an indicator to place horizontal lines on OHLC? I have other indicators I want on but when they are on the chart, it deleates any manual lines I put on. Very annoying.

Juicyt

Still having the best success using these KRAPP lines. Weekly OHLC but only using 50SMA and waiting for the bounce. Can anyone PLEASE make an indicator to place horizontal lines on OHLC? I have other indicators I want on but when they are on the chart, it deleates any manual lines I put on. Very annoying.

Juicyt

Hey juicyt,

so you dont use the ohlc of the last few daily bars as outlined by Kraven and only use the ohlc of the last few weekly bars?

I think it depends on how you want to trade and the time frame, but, with a 15min chart I find weekly ohlc's are very accurate. (I place about 30 or so on my chart) I'd love an indicator so I could test different combo's out with as well as use risk/reward indicators etc.

Hey juicyt, nice to see your improving this. I feel paitience is key when trading them. As you said look for candle signals (pin bars, inside bars etc..)coming off a KRAPP line...remember, even if you don't trade them they can be good for SL and TP positioning.

• 1 month later...