Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

Careful tonite as the GBPUSD might range upwards on such headlines and you might catch a dd. I give it at least a day to settle.

Market alarm as US fails to control biggest debt in history:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/8196283/Market-alarm-as-US-fails-to-control-biggest-debt-in-history.html

Cheers

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful tonite as the GBPUSD might range upwards on such headlines and you might catch a dd. I give it at least a day to settle.

Market alarm as US fails to control biggest debt in history:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/8196283/Market-alarm-as-US-fails-to-control-biggest-debt-in-history.html

Cheers

should we stop running this EA expat?

I will not argue with you but all that *we* (little boys) read in the media is already priced in the market. :)

Yeah that has some truth in it and we are just "followers" :) However it came up as well lots of other high stuff over the weekend thus we might see the impact upon opening only. Besides its December... Maybe its time just to stop all for this year...

Cheers

Expat,

I read the whole thread in one sitting. Now I understand your Dynamic Profit, which is pretty mild as compared to what I was doing.

In my opinion, the best way to reduce DD is to reduce the number of open trades in the basket (Duh!). The only way to reduce number of orders is to increase the step setting to catch the perfect top or bottom. If you look at the chart at different sessions, GMT 21-7 (or 22-8 standard time) usually has mild swings. It works ok for 17 pips step as in Cable Run. Once it passes this window, the swings becomes large ( with trending swing legs). A step of 30 or even 50 pips will help reduce the open orders. I do this manually at GMT 8 if there are open orders (with drawdowns of course). I place a market order when I see the step is larger than 30 pips. I also apply martingale after this window. So far, I can always close out open trades during the day session. I am hoping an EA can take care of this while I sleep (GMT 8 is 3:00 in the morning for me). But immediately I see the problem with fixed grid for this strategy. For example, what if the price turns around at 29 pips step? I would miss a potential rescue trade. Let me introduce a concept for everyone to think about.

When I watched Cable Run working, many times I saw it almost touched the limit order but turned around and missed the trade. Also, it often passed the limit order too much and got filled at a disadvantageous price. Often, it almost made 15 pips but missed it. Granted, this is a grid system and sometimes the entries and exits were in fact excellent. But there is room for improvement. I compared Cable Run entries with entries based on stochastic (15, 3, 3). As you know, stochastic works best in a choppy market to catch oversold and over-bought levels. I was surprised by the performance of this simple and well-known concept. Please take a look at this PowerPoint file based on 5-min charts during GMT21-7. I call it the Pinball system because it bounces between oversold and overbought levels. Trading rules are in the first slide. As compared to the grid system, here are the pluses 1) it will not miss a trade, 2) It will take on additional orders as in Cable Run to leverage your losing positions, 3) it will not miss the profit target, 4) it will catch the beginning of a trend and the profit can be maximized if we implement a trailing strategy and 5) best of all, it will take a small loss so you can trade another day.

Download Pinball Visual Back Test.ppt from FileFactory.com

Try this if the link doesn't work:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4a3010/n/Pinball_Visual_Back_Test.ppt

You may count the pips during this 12-day period. My Cable Run didn't perform this well.

Your pinball system is the same like nightwalker EA? Or is there a difference?

Paracool,

Night Walker EA is just a modification to Cable Run with step being dynamic, TP dynamic, and ATR filter for entry. I am not using any of the modificaitons. In fact, I am still running Cable Run 2 for my live account. My manual strategy worked out nicely last night. A buy order went into draw down and then I added another buy (my rescue trade) this morning 60 pips below. The rest is history. The attached paint-bar indicator from Joe Simpson may help determine when to add the rescue trade.

http://www.multiupload.com/PE3KILNXGY Try it on the 5min chart.

I am demo testing Expat's Indo Run1.5.

Edited by swordfish

Hey Expat I turned on dynamic profit and for some reason twice now the trades have all seemed to close strangely. I had one trade close at around +40 pips but had some close while in negative -40 pips so was almost break even, the break even option isn't turned on though.

I have profit all order = 8, dymanic profit = true, profit step = 10. Any reason why this is happening?

Expat,

I'm testing both versions, 1.5 and 1.4p :) (1.4o with NFP and ATP added and fixed routine). I noticed that lot of (high/medium impact) news on FF don't even exist on TSD calendar. Is it possible to solve news filtering with incorporating both news feeds, FF and TSD?

I also found Fx Daily news filter on FF forum. Take a look at this address:

forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2295210#post2295210

Also take a look 1st post of this same thread, its about news filter, different from FFcal (and it looks better).

Latest version here:

forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=250544

Forward testing indo run 1.5 at FXDD for 2 days, conservative set file.

A lot of buy and sell limits but none was executed.

So far no trade, is there anything wrong?

There was a basket of 5 sell orders starting GMT 15:00 on Dec 13. All closed out with a net profit at GMT 00:15 on Dec 14. I was also using the conservative set file (excep GMT offset=1). Broker is Apari UK. FXDD is 4 digit, so the ATRon filter may act differently.

Expat,

I'm testing both versions, 1.5 and 1.4p :) (1.4o with NFP and ATP added and fixed routine). I noticed that lot of (high/medium impact) news on FF don't even exist on TSD calendar. Is it possible to solve news filtering with incorporating both news feeds, FF and TSD?

I also found Fx Daily news filter on FF forum. Take a look at this address:

forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=2295210#post2295210

Also take a look 1st post of this same thread, its about news filter, different from FFcal (and it looks better).

Latest version here:

forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=250544

We discussed that already prior in the thread. News are not standardized as well the impact classification. The TSD Filter delivers pretty well in tests forward/back, quality must not come with over quantity... Nevertheless, testing an other one over the next weeks as well.

Cheers

Tom

There was a basket of 5 sell orders starting GMT 15:00 on Dec 13. All closed out with a net profit at GMT 00:15 on Dec 14. I was also using the conservative set file (excep GMT offset=1). Broker is Apari UK. FXDD is 4 digit, so the ATRon filter may act differently.

ATR Filter is adjusting to 4 digit auto. I have never run it on 4 digit, cant tell if there are differences. I recall some of the guys using FXDD before...wasnt it richdad ;)

Cheers

GBPUSD drops like a rock in day session. Perhaps for day session, we should reverse the logic to trade with a trending leg. Try this Fractal indicator on your 5 min GBPUSD. Sell the breakout of the support and add to sell as long as there is a breakout. Vice versa for buy. Steps are based on price (blue and red dotted lines). One serves as TP or SL for the other. You would have 11 sell orders by now.

http://www.multiupload.com/4FM7DJQRYD

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/ScreenHunter_04Dec151328.jpg

Edited by swordfish

guys, i don't know why you would want to mess with a system like IndoRun. I've been running a demo account with version 1.5 since the beginning of the month using the same settings as expat1967 posted on Post 1 and I'm up 12%. Now, that may not seem like a ton to you, but when you compound that month after month, I'll be a very rich man in a very short amount of time. No need to get greedy with this. Slow and steady will eventually win. Great job with this expat1967!!!

After watching this FractalS&R for a while, guess what, Cable Run logic works just fine for trend trading. Those "steps" are formed upon the formation of the fractals. So is the entry point. If there is an initial breakout of support (red dots), indicating trend is potentially down but we don't know how long. Sell as soon as the resistance (blue dots) is formed. In the above example, you would have 8 sell orders. All got stopped out when price closed above resistance. 7 wins and 1 loss.

This post is not trying to mess with Indo Run. As stated in my initial post, fixed steps get slaughtered big time in a trending market. You either need to increase the step size in the day session or make it adapted to price action.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/ScreenHunter_03Dec160711.jpg

Edited by swordfish

After watching this FractalS&R for a while, guess what, Cable Run logic works just fine for trend trading. Those "steps" are formed upon the formation of the fractals. So is the entry point. If there is an initial breakout of support (red dots), indicating trend is potentially down but we don't know how long. Sell as soon as the resistance (blue dots) is formed. In the above example, you would have 8 sell orders. All got stopped out when price closed above resistance. 7 wins and 1 loss.

This post is not trying to mess with Indo Run. As stated in my initial post, fixed steps get slaughtered big time in a trending market. You either need to increase the step size in the day session or make it adapted to price action.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/ScreenHunter_03Dec160711.jpg

Hi All,

appreciating any productive feedback and surely interested when some are thinking outside the box. Doesnt mean I will adopt straight but it helps to drive a discussion and therefore into further ideas. E.g. I am not considering the Stocastic but the Dynamic Step has been something which I picked up again. Indo Run is giving you the option to alter the step size already... I have enhanced this a bit further though see where its driving.

The Fractal Indi you might try on a dedicated EA first see what it really delivers. I have not looked at it closer. E.g. is it repainting/if so how much... again might be better taken standalone...

Cheers

Hi expat1967,

first thank you for sharing this great EA.

I have any questions to this, is not favourable when we to enable Avoid News?!

I try 1.40n version with ur ma basket settings and i would to set minimize risk..so can i set 1.0% or 0.1 %

thanks in advance

Not really sure if I understand you correctly.

Always use the News Filter. It drives best in blocking some trading time out as of now.

Use fixed Lot for the simplicity and less risk involved. The Autolot will press your account harder.

Cheers