[SHARE] Custom EA for EURGBP & USDCAD

Hi all,

I´d like to thanks again all the PM i´ve received regarding my last post here...

I like the motto of sharing is caring, and i´ve learn a lot with all you at Indo Investasi.

Not only from markets, but i have made some kind and great friends here.

So this is another contribution for those who really want to get some money from FX Market, but regards, this is not a overnight billionaire.

This have a limit spread to enter the trade - because it trades on the Asia Market - Yes another Asian Scalper, but in my opinion a good one - This is First Version of my Night Tide System.

hxxp://[email protected]/file/Hd0Fs68E/NightTide_for_II.html

Password is : offerto_Indo-Investasi

Put the cfb indicator on Your Mt4 Platform Directory/Experts/Indicators/

Put the NightTide EA on Your Mt4 Platform Directory/Experts/

EURGBP & USDCAD - 15 Minutes Chart

Enjoy and happy pips.

Hi eggzactly,

Thanks for EA. Just testing now. I get invalid time for GMT time and a next lot size 50. It's a mini so should probably be 5. When I back test I get no trades but no errors in journal.

Be nice to see an Asian session EA that is profitable...

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//stashbox.org/1010828/2010-10-05_HT.png[/img]

I don't have such error in gmt, it's automatic in ea

how much lot size you can fix yourself in menu maximum lots

at first I also couldn't backtest ea but after I downloaded history on both pairs backtest started normally

PS. according to your picture why such very low spread on eurgbp 0.2 you have??? impossible

I adjusted risk so lot size Ok now. After a fair while there is no error in GMT time also. Haven't tried back test again. How were your results?

Spread seems unreal, I noticed it after the capture. Captured around 2 hrs before London open. Running at about 1.0 now.

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Eggactly,

Thanks for your kind sharing.

1. What is the maxspreads of Eurgbp and Usdcad for this EA to be consistently profitable? I mean it should be 3, 4, 5?

2. Could you make this EA to be compatible to ECN / STP Brokers? Also, does this EA work automatically with 4-digit and 5-digit brokers?

3. Could you share your backtesting results on eurgbp and usdcad?

Thanks and regards,

James

Well i tested with Dukascopy MT4 and works good, no error reporting, so don´t know why can´t work with your broker.

I´m really busy with some other big projects and can´t look at this further, but here it is the mq4 file, so if any coder can see what is maybe wrong please feel free to do it.

Sorry for can´t do the changes if needed at this moment...

hxxp://[email protected]/?sbhsw9w5icersn4

regards,

Edited by eggzactly

I'm not talking about errors.. fact is on alpariUK (noECN broker)the backtest works, but on demo live it should have traded today regards the backtest, but it didn't open the sell position on E/G..

On GotraderAUS(STP/ECN broker) not even the backtest works.

Conclusion: something is wrong with the coding .

Thx for sharing the mq4 file of the EA, maybe u can add the mq4 file of the cfb indicator as well :-)

So, coder gurus, plz take a closer look at this baby, its worth the time regards the backtests.

Edited by pro
Alzheimer.. ;-)

Thank you eggzactly for sharing the code. There are a few minor errors in the mq4, regarding the GMToffset calculation and the spread display, which are fixed now. The system backtested ok on GoMarkets. I did not have the right time window to forward test it, but I think it should be ok.

http://[email protected]/?6m2sl6487qjowo2

I'm not talking about errors.. fact is on alpariUK (noECN broker)the backtest works, but on demo live it should have traded today regards the backtest, but it didn't open the sell position on E/G..

On GotraderAUS(STP/ECN broker) not even the backtest works.

Conclusion: something is wrong with the coding .

Thx for sharing the mq4 file of the EA, maybe u can add the mq4 file of the cfb indicator as well :-)

So, coder gurus, plz take a closer look at this baby, its worth the time regards the backtests.

Maybe the spread at that time was not good to open trade - if you read the first post, the EA have a spread limit to open position,in backtest the MT4 assume a fixed spread, but on real market that is completely different.

regards,

Thank you eggzactly for sharing the code. There are a few minor errors in the mq4, regarding the GMToffset calculation and the spread display, which are fixed now. The system backtested ok on GoMarkets. I did not have the right time window to forward test it, but I think it should be ok.

http://[email protected]/?6m2sl6487qjowo2

Thanks for the work clovelly.

Explaining the most important thing in the system is the entry filter - the CFB indicator - if we look at indicator we enter when the indicator show that up/down move still in place, and this is when indicator continue is up move. If we want do some counter trend trading, this indicator is really good, just do the opposite, for instance we have a channel, and we want to enter at top/bottoms of channel, to certify that maybe is a top/bottom of market,the indicator must be in down move.

regards,

Thanks for the work clovelly.

Explaining the most important thing in the system is the entry filter - the CFB indicator - if we look at indicator we enter when the indicator show that up/down move still in place, and this is when indicator continue is up move. If we want do some counter trend trading, this indicator is really good, just do the opposite, for instance we have a channel, and we want to enter at top/bottoms of channel, to certify that maybe is a top/bottom of market,the indicator must be in down move.

regards,

Thx. Still no trades on Gomarket backtest and demo and AlpariUK Demo(backtest works), even spread is no issue, I watch it closely. Eggzactly can u please put your trades on myfxbook for comparison purpose?

Have a nice weekend!

I got it to trade by changing the orderticket line to Order_Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots_, NormalizeDouble (Ask,2), Slippage_Open, 0, 0, "Night Tide", Magic, 0, Green);

But it still spews a bunch of errors. order modify error 1 and ordersend error 138. With those errors it only did 2 trades in 2 months on eurgbp 3 pips each (both wins).

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Eggzactly,

Could you please share your forward-testing results of this interesting EA (trade on both Eurgbp and Usdcad) on myfxbook.com ? A demo account is fine.

To Clovelly: Could you add ECN Compatible function on your modified version above? I can not make it work on ECN Broker. As you also know, only ECN Brokers may offer low and fixed spreads on Eurgbp and Usdcad during quiet Asian session. So, the forward-testing of this EA with ECN Compatible function will be more accurate to see how good and profitable this EA is.

+ One more thing, does the modified version (correct GMT offset) needs the previous CFB indicator that Eggzactly posted in first post to work with? Do we also need to correct anything about GMT Offset in the CFB Indicator ?

Thanks a lot to Eggzactly and Clovelly.

James

To Clovelly: Could you add ECN Compatible function on your modified version above? I can not make it work on ECN Broker.

+ One more thing, does the modified version (correct GMT offset) needs the previous CFB indicator that Eggzactly posted in first post to work with? Do we also need to correct anything about GMT Offset in the CFB Indicator ?

Both the original version from eggzactly and my modified one are already ECN-compatible and need the cfb indi. Like I mentioned in my original post, I only fixed the GMToffset auto-calculation and spread display on the screen.

The EA, with the default parameters, trades between 22:00-22:45 GMT and requires max spread of 5.1. To You may want to expand the time window and/or increase the maxspread, and you will see the trades opened. Of course, this approach is only used to confirm (to yourself) that the EA can work with your broker. And the cfb indi has nothing to do with GMToffset.

As you also know, only ECN Brokers may offer low and fixed spreads on Eurgbp and Usdcad during quiet Asian session.

Not so, to my understanding. Check out at hxxp://f0rum.mql4.c0m/31514

Edited by clovelly

reckon the problem here is the slippage...for 5-digit broker, it should be in multiple of 10.

anyway, i have modified clovelly's version to reflect the change...

http://www.4shared.com/file/cRKPCZBX/_Night_Tide_z.html

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Eggzactly, Clovelly and Richdad711,

I attached this ea on the chart, and saw on Input parameters, and wish to understand more about some functions on it as follows:

1. Risk = 100 (default settings). What does this mean? 100% risk per trade or 100usd risk per trade, or what ? Please explain more about this so that I can set it up properly.

Is this function "Money Management" function?

2. Trading hour: from 21:00 - 22:00 GMT time. Within this one-hour trading session, if all conditions are met, a trade will be opened. If not, then, no trade.

So, in case a trade is opened within this hour, but it has not been closed yet during this one hour, then, will this EA still monitor its' open trade after this trading hour ?

- Eggzactly, what is the main reason for you to select only one hour for this ea to trade? and not from 21:00 - 23:00 GMT ? Have you ever tested your ea with this 2-hour trading session?

What is the profit factor and max drawdown of this ea from your backtesting and forward-testing results, and from which period of time to which period of time? Please kindly share. Thanks a lot.

3. Increment lot : 0.01 (default settings) with Lotsoptimized = true: What does this "Increment lot" function mean here ? Please kindly explain, and give me a sample trade example for my better understanding.

I can see that your first version of Night_Tide_Z EA is potential, and sophisticated. If we can find the suitable optimized settings for this scalper ea, it will be very good and profitable. I mean the start trading hour and end trading hour, if it can be extended longer, maybe, there will be frequent trades everyday. But which trading hours are the best for this scalper ea is what we need to optimize and find out.

I am waiting for all replies to my above questions from all of you asap. I would like to forward-test it next week to see how it will perform.

Thanks and regards,

James