Forexbulletproof

anyone know how to fix the buy limit error/bug? this is the order it puts in:

buy limit 0.01 eurusd 0.1276 0.0000 0.0000 2010.09.10 02:00 1.2690 cancelled

it seems like its off a decimal place (EUR/USD 0.1276?!), but ive also seen the error on donn@forex forum for a 5 digit account, with no resolution posted.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know how to fix the buy limit error/bug? this is the order it puts in:

buy limit 0.01 eurusd 0.1276 0.0000 0.0000 2010.09.10 02:00 1.2690 cancelled

it seems like its off a decimal place (EUR/USD 0.1276?!), but ive also seen the error on donn@forex forum for a 5 digit account, with no resolution posted.

I spoke to BulletProof support about this behavior and this is the reply I got:

Please don`t worry, it`s not wrong numbers, it`s a special order, that will never open, just a part of strategy.

Such trades will be closed automatically so don`t close or modify them manually as it can cause some problems with robots working.

Cheers

You may want to take a second look at this one by turning AdaptLots to FALSE and setting both EURUSDLots and EURUSDLiteLots to .01.

Even though this EA only BUYS (this is not a bad thing), it still did well during the huge downtrend in the Euro in 2008 with .32 lots maximum.

To its credit, it does take losses but recovers quickly.

This is the only martingale I have NOT yet been able to crash, and I do not like martingales.

Cheers, success to all.

Hi conglo,

Can you provide some statements about it? I am curious...

I spoke to BulletProof support about this behavior and this is the reply I got:

Please don`t worry, it`s not wrong numbers, it`s a special order, that will never open, just a part of strategy.

Such trades will be closed automatically so don`t close or modify them manually as it can cause some problems with robots working.

Cheers

It is part of what? Nice excuse for rubbish coding.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Of course I loaded the DLL and of course I don't have $450 in my account. What I meant to say is, is it possible to remove the 'amount of money in account' recognition line in the Forex Bullet Proof program... that's all. If it isn't possible then Forex Bullet Proof shall be directed towards my recycle bin.

hXXp://[email protected]/file/7ilkj742hom4in6/ForexBulletProof-accBal_NOadapt_lots.mq4

i've add these in configurable settings, try it

it is just restriction removed but will interfere with inside logic of "adaptive lots" - so, turn it OFF

BUT

you should not got *ANY* martingale on that size of acc... or move it to penny acc

Musketeer, I tried your mod out and (speaking of the usdjpy) it works fine during a strategy test, but when trying to trade it on a live account I get an error message "Your account does not have micro lots. Please change your account type with your broker."

That is a micro account. I changed AdaptLots to false, and changed both balance entries to $450 to try to trade the usdjpy on a small account.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks

Musketeer, I tried your mod out and (speaking of the usdjpy) it works fine during a strategy test, but when trying to trade it on a live account I get an error message "Your account does not have micro lots. Please change your account type with your broker."

That is a micro account. I changed AdaptLots to false, and changed both balance entries to $450 to try to trade the usdjpy on a small account.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks

it is weird... if the backtest works the live trade must works too

who is the broker? to may i've try...

It took a big hit today opening up 0.1, then 0.2, 0.4 and 0.8. Finished up with $2.50 profit. At least it didn't blow a hole in the account. Maybe this one is Ok. Could actually be a consistent, steady money earner.

1.5 lots for a $2.50 profit? Fantastic!

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

This robot is a joke, only good for broker and marketeers.

Compare the live results on their homepage,( Alpari , Iamfx). If the broker makes money with your commissions (Iamfx) than you make money too. If not and you have only a poor spread account like most private traders they take your poor money as a bonus from you. :))

Forex is a big scam, the problem is, you must be a better and faster scammer as the broker, but this is not so easy :-?

If you have big money you get more money, if you have low money you get requotes.. :))

Mh...

it is weird... if the backtest works the live trade must works too

who is the broker? to may i've try...

Broker is FXDD. It will accept a .1 size lot size for live trades, but I don't want to trade that large. Tried .01, and .05 lot sizes and neither works. Get the error message each time. However .01 does work in the strategy tester. Must have something to do in the coding and their requirement to have a minimum of $4,500 to trade the usdjpy (I'm guessing).

Today it did the 0.1, 0.2, 0.4 and... wait for it... made an impressive $5.10. These were both with USD/JPY. It is better on EUR/USD for sure. I think the point before I was trying to make 'Stormin" (yes it's sad profit but...) it actually hasn't lost on quite a few occasions unlike some of the horror stories I hear regarding Martingales.

15 pages on a scam product!! Aren't we doing well.

BTW, Just had an e-mail from Karl Dittman. He says that all the 'scam' talk is from a competitor and only that.

So, all you competitors here with your talk of false accounts! We know who you are now! ... or we would if we could be bothered to go back through the thread

So, buy, buy, buy, it is safe, it has results to prove it ...how do you get those smilies of the one rolling about holding his stomach laughing?

Edited by Freddie

Today it did the 0.1, 0.2, 0.4 and... wait for it... made an impressive $5.10. These were both with USD/JPY. It is better on EUR/USD for sure. I think the point before I was trying to make 'Stormin" (yes it's sad profit but...) it actually hasn't lost on quite a few occasions unlike some of the horror stories I hear regarding Martingales.

"horror" like that?

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7175/testergraphfbp15kblown.gif

or perhaps that:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4264/testergraphfbp45kblown.gif

Edited by musketeer
bad resolution and another pict to show

15 pages on a scam product!! Aren't we doing well.

BTW, Just had an e-mail from Karl Dittman. He says that all the 'scam' talk is from a competitor and only that.

So, all you competitors here with your talk of false accounts! We know who you are now! ... or we would if we could be bothered to go back through the thread

So, buy, buy, buy, it is safe, it has results to prove it ...how do you get those smilies of the one rolling about holding his stomach laughing?

good point!

Well I spoke too soon Mr. Musketeer... woke up this morning to find EUR/USD... (I'm running 0.1 lots... no adaptive) 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 1.6 -$358.00 draw-down. Hey it might actually go up. 1.6 lots? God forbid waking up to that and seeing it on your live account. I suppose if one demos this for 3 months and finds that if it pulls out successfully each time this happens then one might actually use it. I'll be back with the result... Why didn't they just use sell tactics as well as buy. You'd think they'd know how to make an EA by now?

sooner or later the account will crash. they are just hoping that sales have been made and refund periods gone by the time that happens.

from my personal library, a martingale type of trader.

about a 45% return with a 4% drawdown:

http://i51.tinypic.com/34humwg.gif

not all martingales are bad. but they need to play by the same rules as every other EA and only have a maximum drawdown of 5%.

It then opened a second EUR/USD buy trade at 1.6. End result 0.1 -$41.66, 0.2 -$61.59, 0.4 -$73.83, 0.8 -$59.06, 1.6 $117.96, 1.6 $118.12 for a grand total of -$0.06.

hi Tomislav, good for you! give the acc parameters to put in the tester... deposit and sets in FBP

i've very hope that you did a lot of tests before going live with that...

sooner or later the account will crash. they are just hoping that sales have been made and refund periods gone by the time that happens.

from my personal library, a martingale type of trader.

about a 45% return with a 4% drawdown:

http://i51.tinypic.com/34humwg.gif

not all martingales are bad. but they need to play by the same rules as every other EA and only have a maximum drawdown of 5%.

What was the ea you used for these results? can you share it with me?

By the way; here is the cracked "high voltage" package from forex bullet proof. It`s dangerous to use.

old :http://www.multiupload.com/7XWPONQE4Z

new:hxxp://xxx.filefactory.com/file/c45ec1a/n/FBPbonuses_rar (change x`s)

Edited by guess
old link