MTF Trend Magic

shabz

Thanks radicaltour, I don't think its correct, if you compare the Trend Magic lines drawn on 2 timeframes, say the 15 min & 5 min.

I had seen somewhere on the TSD Forum the formula for converting indicators to MTF, but I can't find it again.

if you want to see the M15 values on a M5 chart you have to use iBarShift to get the M15 shift

I personally would create a new indicator that serves as an envelope for TrendMagic

like:

offset=iBarShift(NULL,PERIOD_M15,Time); -> where Time is the M5 candle

value=iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"TrendMagic",..params here...,buffer#,offset) -> the offset corresponds to the M15 candle

Hi iwjw,

I would really like to be able to choose the timeframe, be it 15 or 60 min onto a smaller TF chart. It would be most useful if you could create a complete mq4 indicator so that I can understand what you have described so simply. It will be most appreciated, Thanks.

You were faster in responding than my typing, Thanks

Edited by shabz
post superceded

Hi iwjw,

I would really like to be able to choose the timeframe, be it 15 or 60 min onto a smaller TF chart. It would be most useful if you could create a complete mq4 indicator so that I can understand what you have described so simply. It will be most appreciated, Thanks.

see post above

There is a param HigherTF where you can set the TF

The indi doesn't check the number...so if you set it to 34 or so you'll get what you deserve

So only 15,30,60,....are valid

Hi traders,

here you can get another variation of multi timeframe

The indi is showing the TrendMagic of the selected chart period and the following 3 periods above (for periods<=H4)

It's based on a 4TF indi I found a while ago. I'm using this as an easy template to create MTFs for whatever Indi I want

If you activate "chart shift" you can see the timeframes that are shown on the right side of the indi window

To use this indi you have to have the Trend Magic2 in your indicators folder.

Haven't looked whether the indi produces tradable setups but in general: either all bars are blue or red for entry

Here you go:

http://[email protected]/file/o9WEYXwx/4_TF_TM.html

as always: @->a...0->o

EDIT: deleted

Edited by iwjw
removed that indi has a bug

• 10 months later...