Rat Reversal (drain the banks latest version) working EA

Here is an EA that does rat reversals based on the latest drain the banks method:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

GREEN RAT REVERSAL - LONG ENTRY CRITERIA: 1) RED CANDLE CLOSES 2) GREEN CANDLE CLOSES 3) PRICE TOUCHES HIGH OF PREVIOUS GREEN CANDLE - ENTER LONG. STOP LOSS IS ALWAYS 10 PIPS.

RED RAT REVERSAL - SHORT ENTRY CRITERIA: 1) GREEN CANDLE CLOSES 2) RED CANDLE CLOSES 3) PRICE TOUCHES LOW OF PREVIOUS RED CANDLE - ENTER SHORT. STOP LOSS IS ALWAYS 10 PIPS.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4lq3ys

I am still working on optimization for profitable settings. Help would be appreciated.

Sorry but I dont have the source code - it doesnt mean that it cannot be tested. The entry is stated in the first post, visual backtest to check it. The settings to change are: stop loss, take profit, maybe trailing stop/move stop at/move stop to settings. Also the start time can affect results greatly. I have found good results using the h4 on EJ, so far.

• 1 month later...
Guest james_phuc28

Hi everybody,

This seems to be a good and potential EA as long as we can have good pre-set file for each different pair, and on each different timeframe.

Hope that some experienced coders and help to improve it, and post the optimized pre-set files, as well as some people can forward-test it and give comments to improve it further.

I think that the trailing stop and/or Breakeven Gain functions should be added to minimize drawdown, and increase profit factor, as well as improve Equity curve.

Thanks and regards,

James

From what I can see, the EA rules do not exactly conform to original strategy.

EA author uses a trend filter based on daily open, I don't think from what I've read this is entirely kosher.

I've read quite a few a TRO's posts on this, trend doesn't seem to be mentioned regarding this particular approach.

In any case, it may be interesting to code a variant without the filter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am now fully convinced that back testing doesn't always provide accurate results. Try some forward testing. Trial and error. This will give you an idea of TP and SL. Forget about USDCAD and USDCHF. AUDJPY 30 min chart range 100 is good but rarely trades. Adios.

http://img547.imageshack.us/i/ratreversalrealmoney.gif/

Edited by tomislav

Hi tomislav,

Bummer about the loss. I think chances are it is related to market conditions, although I don't see any serious changes in the last 5 months compared to these last couple of days, except that market has been a bit more volatile this week.

More likely: it is just the occasional loss. It does happen. No EA is perfect...! :)

Cheers, San.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!