forex legend

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cacus - would you be able to kindly describe how your MACCIMO strategy works in a few words or point us to some information on it (I've had a read of the forexmt4.com but it doesn't describe the strategy)? From what I can see, it is much more performant then most of the commercial stuff that's out there. I'm just wondering also whether there are some weak points where it could blow an account. Back-tests I have done on the EURUSD shows excellent results.

Thanks!

Edited by bigdir

Hi JasonKwok

I asume you are testing educated versions of the original Forex Legend EA posted by strmec in #55. No complete educated versions have been posted yet. Can you please share.

I'm using the original version. Paid for the EA but likely to ask for refund. Today three more trades with one loss and two wins but the loss was ten fold the two winning trades combined!

Looking at the current open trades by Forex Legend Trend Follower, the unrealized loss was even larger. 5 trades and ALL losing. :-( Luckily it was on demo account.

Cacus MACCImo was fantastic! Total 5 trades, all on GBPUSD, with 4 trades win and 1 loss. The loss was minimal, less than half of the smallest win! I would prefer Cacus MACCImo and wouldn't mind paying for it ! But it's free!!!! :-)

Kudos to Cacus!

Edited by JasonKwok

Hey Cacus not to say I told you so but I am also a member of that yahoo group but I keep a low profile.

Let me tell the members here that one group has a EA ripped off every week it seems. The owner of the group actually not only makes all the code public he also stores the code in a public place where you do not even need to be a member of yahoo and you can go in and take whatever code you want!

Here's the problem anyone that gets there code ripped off when they have had their code open source to the public will have a impossible time to claim copyrights. what normally happens is no one cares everything is open and shared until someone rips off another code and then all hell breaks lose. IT's much too late you absolutely need to do some protecting of your own code before all this crap happens. I mean you may be 100% right morally but you would never win in a court of law the lawyers will have a field day with this crap.

I told this to the owner of this group many times and he got really pissed at me. I told him please do not have such public access to everyone's code. I would say every new commercial EA that comes out has a very good chance of coming from the one yahoo group.

So word to the wise if you have something that you feel is worth protecting then you better protect it from day one, never put your code in public, on any public forum or share t with anyone. Just because you write copyright on the code does not mean you have legal rights to a copyright if it never has been legal copyright. Most of the time you will see the commercial EA that has been ripped off from someone to actually have a legal copyright even though it was stolen for the real developer and there is nothing you can do at that point.

You have to you common sense here.

Patheway

Patheway and folks,

Yes, i've already decided not to share my stuff anymore since some time ago. I've already suffered ripoffs before.

Maccimo was my last share. And amazingly reappeared now with these guys at ForexLegend... I've talked already with FPA guys for them to investigate further.

I'm sorry but as a Open Source enthusiast it's a shame for me to write this. I come from the Linux community since several years ago and shared and felt the Open Source ideology. But after being two or three years in this business i've discovered that here it's not the same at all, here there's no codes, there's no respect. But well, i suppose it's normal when there's money involved... All these scam things makes this forums really useful.

I'm out of this, i'm keeping my work, hope you all understand.

Enjoy V2, and remember to use it with low risk and to perform several backtest before to know how this EA behaves and to understand the risk of this strategy in a correct way.

Regards.

JC

Hi cacus, I felt compelled to reply to hopefully make you see the events as something positive. If it wasn't for forexlegend's appearance, I would not know anything about you or your good work (and the forum you've been frequenting). As they say, imitation is the best form of flattery and in terms of respect I think numerous others on this forum would concur that sharing EA Maccimo really puts you amongst valued contributors.

If you want to use the Linux analogy of sharing, then I think that ForexLegend is simply the RedHat of your work - making it accessible to those who want something shrink wrapped. You, however, are the Linus. Problem is, however, that FL are going to have to somehow sustain some sales in the face of other people soon realizing they can get this work for free from a guy named Cacus.

As one member suggested, maybe this is an opportunity to get some income off the back of your efforts (if that's of interest to you). Anything coming from 'cacus' is going to have much more credibility than something coming from ForexLegend.

Regards.

Patheway and folks,

Yes, i've already decided not to share my stuff anymore since some time ago. I've already suffered ripoffs before.

Maccimo was my last share. And amazingly reappeared now with these guys at ForexLegend... I've talked already with FPA guys for them to investigate further.

I'm sorry but as a Open Source enthusiast it's a shame for me to write this. I come from the Linux community since several years ago and shared and felt the Open Source ideology. But after being two or three years in this business i've discovered that here it's not the same at all, here there's no codes, there's no respect. But well, i suppose it's normal when there's money involved... All these scam things makes this forums really useful.

I'm out of this, i'm keeping my work, hope you all understand.

Enjoy V2, and remember to use it with low risk and to perform several backtest before to know how this EA behaves and to understand the risk of this strategy in a correct way.

Regards.

JC

Hi Cacus

Pls send your email address to me , i have some question

i cant send you Pm because of my 0 post

Hi cacus, I felt compelled to reply to hopefully make you see the events as something positive. If it wasn't for forexlegend's appearance, I would not know anything about you or your good work (and the forum you've been frequenting). As they say, imitation is the best form of flattery and in terms of respect I think numerous others on this forum would concur that sharing EA Maccimo really puts you amongst valued contributors.

If you want to use the Linux analogy of sharing, then I think that ForexLegend is simply the RedHat of your work - making it accessible to those who want something shrink wrapped. You, however, are the Linus. Problem is, however, that FL are going to have to somehow sustain some sales in the face of other people soon realizing they can get this work for free from a guy named Cacus.

As one member suggested, maybe this is an opportunity to get some income off the back of your efforts (if that's of interest to you). Anything coming from 'cacus' is going to have much more credibility than something coming from ForexLegend.

Regards.

Thanks for that.

I really try to get all this ripoff issue the best as i can.

But i prefer to trade my experts rather than selling them. Its kind of common sense i guess.

Maybe all i can offer is a programming service. Buy i have not so much time lately.

The positive side of all this is that, underneath all the bad people, i found some people that has good intentions.

Regards.

JC