Forex Hippo

I'd only have a stop loss that huge if I was trading on a daily time frame with the intention to leave the trade open for days or even weeks. Furthermore, that stop loss would be at a *specific* S/R level at which I would probably take a reverse trade it if it ever breached.

It's not a risky thing to do if you know the daily/weekly trend is strong and in your favour... but there's no way I'd accept a SL that big on a scalper or something that trades on lower timeframes.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huuu my dear,what about the usdchf open position in my posted backtest from opened 1.16 which was kept alive till 1.06.

it does try to close psoitions profitable and for a stop but its a bad ea too as it starts hoping like human traders,the ones that don't make dough,that the market will return and even if 1000 pip loss is being carried by a position,its holding it so where tester ends the position closes so result can be compiled.

earlier the 1000 pip loss was a drawdown and then it closes and becomes a loss,regsitering onto the balance side rather than the equity only.

huuu my dear,what about the usdchf open position in my posted backtest from opened 1.16 which was kept alive till 1.06.

it does try to close psoitions profitable and for a stop but its a bad ea too as it starts hoping like human traders,the ones that don't make dough,that the market will return and even if 1000 pip loss is being carried by a position,its holding it so where tester ends the position closes so result can be compiled.

earlier the 1000 pip loss was a drawdown and then it closes and becomes a loss,regsitering onto the balance side rather than the equity only.

hey halcyonn, thanks for your reply, but can you tell me when you sufferred this huge drawdown? Also did you check the log file to make sure that you did not have any "order modify" problems when you ran the back test. These order modify problems is an error that I frequently encounter when backtesting, which gives me some concern in relying on them to decide whether or not an ea is any good.

• 2 weeks later...
here is 1.2 hxxp://www.megaupload.com/?d=KLA5BTLM

s.o. has to educate it. It's a little tricky because orders are send inside the dll file and

accountnumber and authorization code are handed over to the dll.

Hippo v1.2 -> educated and tested.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cyd2d99ioa8ddml

Be kind and say Thanks while downloading..! :)

Edited by San4x
Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!