Woc ea

v0.1.5 is out, has some different settings in it, but I will keep testing 0.1.4 with std settings BUT the magic numbers different for each pair. As I had 2 trades with those settings and the situation was felt by me as an "sudden thing" it is totally ok even if we do not get a gazillion trades a day :)

And I will also run another test with the WOC EA and some random EA, to see wether it opens any trades at all if there is something other than itself in charge :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's one of the reasons that the EA can't be reliable backtested...regardless of the data qualitiy...because the backtester would deliver the ticks too fast
Each historical tick has a tick time. The backtester uses the historical tick times, not the current time on the computer.

I'm testing this EA with real tick data form Dukascopy and with variable spread. All parameters are default except I set LotsOptimized = false.

I've now stopped the test for obvious reasons:

http://stashbox.org/952410/StrategyTester_WOC.0.1.4_EURUSD_M5_Dukascopy%20ticks_Spread%3DVariable_Commission%3D4_LotsOptimized%3D0_2008.09.04to2009.03.06.gif

xxl dear,i can confirm that two eas,one of them woc do trade quite fine.i have those trades without any issues today.

though i have not been able to get woc to trade fxopen live,eglobal live and prime4x demo thus far.i am looking for guidance or modification by peers or seniors for the ea to make it work.i must add that there is no error message on those mt4 which have no trades.

xxl dear,i can confirm that two eas,one of them woc do trade quite fine.i have those trades without any issues today.

though i have not been able to get woc to trade fxopen live,eglobal live and prime4x demo thus far.i am looking for guidance or modification by peers or seniors for the ea to make it work.i must add that there is no error message on those mt4 which have no trades.

As long as there is no open position in the pair that WOC is applied to there's no problem. As soon as there is an open position WOC won't open a new trade but even modify that existing trade. The magicnumber is used when WOC opens a new trade. But it's not used when retrieving the tradedata. The only comparison is the symbol. If WOC finds any open trade where the symbol matches it takes it as it's own

i ahve seen many trades going good today xxl.i visited russian forums too today and there i read about another quirk of this ea which is that it sometimes does not place a stop and one has to monitor it.

this problem is quite serious,so adding to earlier requests made regarding woc ea that they look into its coding to see why sometimes it won't place a stop.

this came to my mind as just now i had a trade on primus fx demo which did not ahve a stop placed as it opened and there was never any stop sent to the servers either as i ahve checked the experts and journal tab to look for an error.

here are the trades for today,the last one usdjpy trade which did not have a stop placed by wox was cut by me manually.all trades with sl written next to it inclusive of lower most usdjpy trade are woc ea's.about 70 pips in about 7 hours.

multiupload. com / Q53TNA52JZ

the last usdjpy trade which i cut for woc ea carries a magic number similar to the 2nd ea on this demo.all trades manually entered or clsoed on this account carry same magic as the 2nd ea for some unknown reason.

Edited by halcyonn

This EA is very very data sensitive. It may work at a certain broker and all of a sudden not enough ticks not coming in = loss after loss. Backtest is useless since MT4 does not store real ticks and only sees ticks as M1 data. It may work at certain ECNs which have a lot more ticks per minute coming in but you will have to try many and find out by forward testing which one will sustain it and even then when you go live with it it may not work still. I tried it on demo at GoMarkets and so far it bombed with 7 trades 7 losses on GBPUSD M5.

Cheers

ahh i see,thanx for the input FxKnight sir.

o primusfx ecn demo its working good.will probably then ahve primus fx live ecn to trade it.

FxKnight sir,will you kindly look into its code to see if its sl function can be made neater than it is.today it missed placing an sl with a trade.also on russian forums i read about this sl issue.

Edited by halcyonn

WOC has now a dedicated thread on the russian forum which makes it easier to follow but still a bit leak of clear directions, not sure if we can link to an other forum here...

These guys are working steady on the EA, thus we might expect new versions coming up frequently.

Help me to consolidate what we have so far:

- The EA cant be backtested due to its strategy

- EA still buggy: not reliably place stoploss and interfear with other trades on a similar currency pair (magic number assignment)

- Version 015: supports 4 and 5 digit broker (change dig to 4 or 5 as required) and ECN

- Version 014: supports 5 digit broker, no ECN

- Version 013: ...

- Best Currency Pairs: ??? USDJPY, EURJPY....???

- Timeframe: ???

WOC Versions and Set Files:

http://www.multiupload.com/2RV7S4E21B

Cheers

ahh i see,thanx for the input FxKnight sir.

o primusfx ecn demo its working good.will probably then ahve primus fx live ecn to trade it.

FxKnight sir,will you kindly look into its code to see if its sl function can be made neater than it is.today it missed placing an sl with a trade.also on russian forums i read about this sl issue.

Hello,

I believe this was corrected in version 0.1.5 which I posted below. What this EA needs is a self adapting piece of code where it self-adjusts the speed and timespeed parameters. Otherwise it is simply a goosechase, not only that when different amount of ticks come in it will not be kind to the account.

http://www.multiupload.com/VFFJLFT55U

Cheers

WOC has now a dedicated thread on the russian forum which makes it easier to follow but still a bit leak of clear directions, not sure if we can link to an other forum here...

These guys are working steady on the EA, thus we might expect new versions coming up frequently.

Help me to consolidate what we have so far:

- The EA cant be backtested due to its strategy

- EA still buggy: not reliably place stoploss and interfear with other trades on a similar currency pair (magic number assignment)

- Version 015: supports 4 and 5 digit broker (change dig to 4 or 5 as required) and ECN

- Version 014: supports 5 digit broker, no ECN

- Version 013: ...

- Best Currency Pairs: ??? USDJPY, EURJPY....???

- Timeframe: ???

WOC Versions and Set Files:

http://www.multiupload.com/2RV7S4E21B

Cheers

A link to the Russian forum would be helpful

I'm running WOC with e/u on a 5digit broker and had no probs so far with missing SL

So far overall profitable but most winning trades closed with less than 6 pips profits

Just thinking about whether it would be better there were an option not to use a trailing stop but a TP of 6 pips.

i am still having problem with non placment of sl.

Fxknight's version 5 did not trade for me although it is said to have been rectified with sl problem

Make sure your broker allows SL placement 6 pips away from the market price. Ihave this problem with one of my brokers, they have 8 pips prohibited zone for SL from market price.

forexmacc.mt4live.com

Please find belowcopy of Journal Entry for WOC 1.5

2010.07.14 20:30:01 'xxxxxxxx': modify order #39201635 sell 0.01 EURJPYm at 112.22 sl: 0.00 tp: 0.00 -> sl: 112.38 tp: 0.00

As the stop loss was set at 6 Pips the sL should have been 112.22 +6+3 ie 112.31

In Another case some time later it was placed correctly

2010.07.14 20:30:11 'xxxxxxxx': modify order #39201663 buy 0.01 EURJPYm at 112.45 sl: 0.00 tp: 0.00 -> sl: 112.36 tp: 0.00

What could be the cause of this

Happy Pips

Please find belowcopy of Journal Entry for WOC 1.5

2010.07.14 20:30:01 'xxxxxxxx': modify order #39201635 sell 0.01 EURJPYm at 112.22 sl: 0.00 tp: 0.00 -> sl: 112.38 tp: 0.00

As the stop loss was set at 6 Pips the sL should have been 112.22 +6+3 ie 112.31

In Another case some time later it was placed correctly

2010.07.14 20:30:11 'xxxxxxxx': modify order #39201663 buy 0.01 EURJPYm at 112.45 sl: 0.00 tp: 0.00 -> sl: 112.36 tp: 0.00

What could be the cause of this

Happy Pips

When the order is modified, the SL is calculated based on current bid/ask and not on the orderopenprice. And this happens at least one tick after the order was opened. If you get a spike on that tick your SL could be way off