• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction to the pairs I have backtested:

Seems to work with the following Pairs:

EURUSD 5m

GPBUSD 5m

USDCHF 5m (USDJPY does not work)

EURCHF 5m

I do understand, that the EA checks if the Ticks goes 3 seconds (set as standard) in one direction and then opens a trade in the same...

Thanks, for triggering the Senior Members for their support. See what is their feedback...

I have put it into a demo forward test already

Cheers

This system is looking for amount of pips to move in the same direction and open a trade

since the default is few pips it can not be backtested - the metatrader have only M1 open, close, high, low details and the testing will not be acurate.

It should be tested on demo acount only

Lets be optimistic lah ;)

I have this EA running in forward test since 4 hours now. So far, it made 5 trades on mentined pairs -> all winners and made almost 4% profit overall

Fingers crossed and see what happens further.

Cheers

Edited by expat1967
Correction on profit

Lets be optimistic lah ;)

I have this EA running in forward test since 4 hours now. So far, it made 5 trades on mentined pairs -> all winners and made almost 4% profit overall

Fingers crossed and see what happens further.

Cheers

Thank you, keep us posted. If it goes well for you I will add it also and see.

What broker are you using?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

You should upload 1.02 for people with 4 digit brokers + it works on jpy pairs 4 digits. Coding extra for jpy crosses is a bother. I might do it tonight and post it later on the russian forum, I think they have alot of potential. So get woc 1.02 from the russian forum and it will work on your 4 digit broker.
[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

for some reason it would not trade for me on prime4x demo.anyone having similar issue?

You can't run WOC together with other EAs. If there is an open position WOC won't recognize that it isn't "his" trade and wait until there is no open position

just been running it for an hour on Alpari UK Demo, had 1 trade EURUSD and 1 GBPUSD, each winners ... but can't say that it does not recognize its trades. Will be testing it, although it has a magic number encoding system in the code, as far as I can see.

But it doesn't take the magicnumber when counting the number trades opened by the EA.

Another hurdle is that your broker's feed has to deliver about 2 ticks/second on average using default settings....otherwise you'll only get trades by accident

that's terrible,then is there anyway to widen this number of ticks needed?

thanx!

The parameter "timeSpeed" defines the time span in seconds where "Speed" # of ticks in the same direction have to occur

With default setting you'll need 5 immediately consecutive up/down ticks with in 3 seconds to have a valid entry

edit:

and that's one of the reasons that the EA can't be reliable backtested...regardless of the data qualitiy...because the backtester would deliver the ticks too fast

Edited by iwjw