Description:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220622877484

How to receive this file:

1. Leave me 'Thanks' on this post.

2. PM me your email address.

Why does it have to be done like this?

Reason being, for privacy purposes.

To the Moderators of this forum:

If there is a problem with the way I am conducting this transaction, please let me know and I will cease conduct.

Thanks craven, but my post less than 15, so I can't send you PM.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay we need help to make up some strict rules with this.

First lets see what the best trailing stop would be 15pips more less and also do we want to put a hard stop in.

Next lets see what the best rule is when the price is above the line or below the line or above and coming down the line when direction is long.

Next you will always have a candle that is split on 0600 is this significant ?

Here's something else would we be better off or just as good if we disregarded all of this line etc and only used the time and last candle with a trailing stop and hard stop in place so all ou need to do is whatever that last candle that is split s that your direction for trade make a hard stop like 30 pips with a trailing stop of 15?

Here's the thing the the way I see it and I may be wrong. If we make rules and some of those rules go against other of our rules what happens is it turns into a guessing game if this does this and if this happens but if that happens you see what I mean.

So to avoid this and make it work we need to come up wit a set of rules never to be broken that will yield up more pips than we give back..

If we do that then lets make a EA for it it be simple enough I think?

Patheway

Okay we need help to make up some strict rules with this.

First lets see what the best trailing stop would be 15pips more less and also do we want to put a hard stop in.

Next lets see what the best rule is when the price is above the line or below the line or above and coming down the line when direction is long.

Next you will always have a candle that is split on 0600 is this significant ?

Here's something else would we be better off or just as good if we disregarded all of this line etc and only used the time and last candle with a trailing stop and hard stop in place so all ou need to do is whatever that last candle that is split s that your direction for trade make a hard stop like 30 pips with a trailing stop of 15?

Here's the thing the the way I see it and I may be wrong. If we make rules and some of those rules go against other of our rules what happens is it turns into a guessing game if this does this and if this happens but if that happens you see what I mean.

So to avoid this and make it work we need to come up wit a set of rules never to be broken that will yield up more pips than we give back..

If we do that then lets make a EA for it it be simple enough I think?

Patheway

Thanks Patheway, I appreciate your inputs and am fully with you,

so what I understand is take 6GMT bar close as order entry,

we still need to draw the regression line to find the trend, or in other words to determine it shall be a buy or sell order,

or it would be better, if you post rules as you feel fit please, so that understanding is better,

a: Order Type, b) Entry Price & c) exit criteria

Edited by wilson

Thanks, yes that's the idea what I see hopeful with this is there are only so many variables to check out to see what works the best.

Looking at about 30 of these it seems that the direction is not that important and for sure does not always hold up.

This is what I am looking for the last bar would be part of the system but not all I want to find at least one more part that works with the last bar that will always give up 15-20 pips out of the box. always. The last bar comes close but is not there yet. So more experimentally is needed.

Now it's also possible we can only get so far with a system like this but that's ok. If we can lock in 10 pips every time at bat and have a hard-stop at 30 pips with just a 70% hit rate we will do very well.

This takes 3 things to work one of course are finding out best numbers how many pips are trailing stop,pips for hard stop and last bar plus something..

Once we have this then we only need to do 2 things to make lots of money

The rules we make are never ever to be broken no matter what. Even if we feel we know for sure that we can get more if we change the stop whatever we do not change anything period.

The last thing for this to work is we need enough seed money to take 4 or 5 losses right from the start. that would be 150 pips if we hit hard stop of 30 pips.

The thing with Forex market anything can happen we may feel in our testing that we are hitting 7 out of 10. But when we go live it might take us a month or 2 months to bring in that average. If we have enough faith in our system it's not a problem and follow the rules 100%.

But I will tell you right now no matter who you tell this to and that is all they ever need to do your lucky if you find 10% that have actually followed the rules.

The mind will play tricks on you. Example your up 200% which means $4000 for you. A thought will come in your mind like "Rules are made to be broken" during this same day you out walking and you see old Dodge charger just like you had when you were a kid sitting in a driveway beautifully detailed for only$7995

What happens next is why most people fail at Forex trading. You have a big brain fart and before you know it your purposely over trading your account and then we know what happens every possible thing that can go wrong does and we find our self back or even worst than when we started.

The sad thing about this is we somehow make excuses on the market or whatever so we never really trust the system and we may or may not trade again.

would suggest we use a EA like a mufti-purpose trade manager one that can pip jump stops and put in that trailing stop once we reach so many pips.

Well those are my thoughts feel free to take what works and throw away what doesn't. I am only concerned with results.

Thanks

Patheway

For some the propaganda must therefore always be essentially simple and repetitious. The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly, which must be confined itself to a few points and repeat them over-and-over to a mind weary satiation.

For others, by trial creating their own individual system according to their own individual personality the goal for which we have striven so concertedly is within their reach and because of its fulfilment is so apparent it behoves us to increase our efforts and our caution tenfold. Let accept this process as it is, without prejudice; letting the arena of my own errors speak for themselves.

A filter!

#property copyright "Copyright © 2008, MetaQuotes Software Corp."

#property link ""

#property indicator_separate_window

#property indicator_buffers 1

#property indicator_color1 CLR_NONE

extern int lookback = 14;

extern color linecolor = Crimson;

double g_ibuf_84[];

int init() {

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_LINE, EMPTY, EMPTY, linecolor);

SetIndexBuffer(0, g_ibuf_84);

return (0);

}

int deinit() {

return (0);

}

int start() {

double ld_4;

double ld_12;

int l_ind_counted_0 = IndicatorCounted();

for (int li_20 = Bars - lookback; li_20 >= 0; li_20--) {

ld_4 = 0;

ld_12 = 0;

for (int l_count_24 = 0; l_count_24 < lookback; l_count_24++) ld_4 += Close[li_20 + l_count_24];

if (li_20 == 0) Print(ld_4);

ld_4 /= lookback;

for (l_count_24 = 0; l_count_24 < lookback; l_count_24++) ld_12 += (Close[li_20 + l_count_24] - ld_4) * (Close[li_20 + l_count_24] - ld_4) / Point;

ld_12 /= (lookback - 1);

ld_12 = MathSqrt(ld_12);

g_ibuf_84[li_20] = 100.0 * (ld_12 / ld_4);

Comment(ld_4, ld_12);

}

return (0);

}

"coeff goes up = variability goes up and use a simple 5-9 ma cross to get the direction or use CCI or RSI or whatever other stuff you like. I use pure candlestick PA. By coeff we are converting stdev into percentile value based on previous data. So... by using stdev we can only know how strong the trend is but by using coeff we can know how strong the trend is in percentile

"So enter when coeff is going up and not going down. When its going down thats the retracement and unless it picks up again, we are either retracing or ranging."

Coeff can be used as a filter to your existing system to eliminate whipsaw."

"coeff goes up = variability goes up and use a simple 5-9 ma cross to get the direction or use CCI or RSI or whatever other stuff you like. I use pure candlestick PA. By coeff we are converting stdev into percentile value based on previous data. So... by using stdev we can only know how strong the trend is but by using coeff we can know how strong the trend is in percentile

"So enter when coeff is going up and not going down. When its going down thats the retracement and unless it picks up again, we are either retracing or ranging."

Coeff can be used as a filter to your existing system to eliminate whipsaw."

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6049/gbpjpy10062601.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good job 4xmeter

Edited by wilson

Wilson, would you like to post the separate regression filter indicator?

Not sure about your statement,

I just copied your code in an indicator,

drew a 14 EMA to find when line in your indicator starts going up,

at cross up I drew a line showing trend (up or down as case may be) has started,

and then at cross down, another line showing, trend has exhausted,

just to demonstrate that your filter does identify the trend accurately,

in fact to me its not a filter, its trend identifier,

Edited by wilson

Brilliant! Wilson. The shashi linear regression filter indicator disappeared with a new screen refresh. A magician among us.

Wilson: "in fact to me its not a filter, its trend identifier"

Then, Use it at you own risk. I would never chase the price with it.

Edited by 4xmeter

Brilliant! Wilson. The shashi linear regression filter indicator disappeared with a new screen refresh. A magician among us.

Wilson: "in fact to me its not a filter, its trend identifier"

Then, Use it at you own risk. I would never chase the price with it.

you are correct, it goes up when trend is both up or down,

its more of a trend strength identifier and not a trend indicator per se,

use a simple 5-9 ma cross to get the direction or use CCI or RSI or whatever other stuff you like. I use pure candlestick PA.

Please guide me if you have a defined system/template,

Thanks in anticipation

Edited by wilson

Actually your incorrect but I will be nice you may wish to work on your delivery lol

You should know even more than others we are dealing in a realm that is virtually unknown.

Therefore nothing is useless. You bring everything to the party nothing i wasted it's all has value.

Now do not care about the trend that is not what I am looking for.

More later

Patheway

In this case; beware, levels are useless. "Otherwise, you own trial and error." Read and apply before asking.

Trading is fascinating for sure. I believe there are 2 different camps in the Forex market. Camp#1 believes in the Chaos theory, finding patterns in randomness.

This camp is by far the largest of the 2. Using Fibs to predict etc.

Camp#2 Believes it' a bunch crap has no basis this camp has a book as there bible called "Fooled by Randomness written but a mathematician and trader.

He believes people have been conned using thing like survivors bias.

It's my own belief that the answer to the question is there a pattern to randomness is somewhere between the 2.

This in essence s what I am looking for in this example but first we need to weed out everything that is not random.

That's the idea anyway..

Patheway

Actually your incorrect but I will be nice you may wish to work on your delivery lol

You should know even more than others we are dealing in a realm that is virtually unknown.

Therefore nothing is useless. You bring everything to the party nothing i wasted it's all has value.

Now do not care about the trend that is not what I am looking for.

More later

Patheway

Looking for fish? Do not climb a tree

Oh! Artificially me!

Lol

Well look at this I went as far back as May18 no reason just stopped there.

However out of 35 trades I would had made very good money on 31 trades and hard stopped out on only 4!

What is the parameters for such good luck

1. 15 min chart all trades are short and every trade begins at the close of the 1800 candle w/35pip hard stop and a trailing stop set at 20 pips.

Maybe we go back again for 6 more weeks and we see the same and 6 more we see the same give and take a couple more losses. What does this tell you? Is it pure luck I doubt it . It tells me that at 1800 hrs something in the world happens that effect this market.

I would had made more money by just making short trades at 1800hr than the system we have here.

Interesting for sure. Someone once told me you want to make money at forex then only do short trades never long and you will win around 70% of them. I thought he was nuts but I am beginning to see his point.

Ok enough for now

Patheway

Looking for fish? Do not climb a tree

Oh! Artificially me!

According to the scientists the most random force in the universe are the magnetic fields. Guess what? They just found an order, among the chaos. Therefore, everything in the universe has an order, a system of being. Forex particularly isn't a divine occurrence phenomenon, so its order depends more on human behaviour than mathematics. The nazis of the new world order are experts in studying this human behaviour, to be able to manipulate the masses. Anyhow that is beyond the point. There is an order in Forex, but because depends more on human behaviour (emotions, beliefs, preferences) its center isn,t fix, meaning it moves and to find out when it does constitute the art of Forex.

What does this tell you? I

I would had made more money by just making short trades at 1800hr than the system we have here.

Interesting for sure. Someone once told me you want to make money at forex then only do short trades never long and you will win around 70% of them. I thought he was nuts but I am beginning to see his point.

Honestly, you are wrong! The order, the system of being that I wrote about in my previous post is the trend. How you use it is you choice, but is not a matter of short or long trades. Is all about the trend and the change of the trend enclosed in its totality in a specific pattern. To know this behaviour is the art of Forex. Better said, to realize this is the art of Forex.

I have no information to provide about this system since I use no one system but my own. I never quit learning, therefore, it is just a learning tool for me. To get here it took hard work and money.

Work Fears The Busy Men!

Enough! I strongly second that!!!