Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap, it does utterly nothn besides printing in the Journal...

Try replacing:

void MaxSpreadFilter() {

RefreshRates();

if (10000.0 * (Ask - Bid) > MaxSpread) {

Print("Spread is too high");

return;

}

}

with

bool MaxSpreadFilter() {

RefreshRates();

if (10000.0 * (Ask - Bid) > MaxSpread) {

Print("Spread is too high");

return(0);

}

return(1);

}

Then replace:

if (TradeSession() && AllowTrading)

with

if (TradeSession() && AllowTrading&&MaxSpreadFilter())

Then compile...

Cheers

Hi expat 1967,

Kindly share the EA with above maxspread settings change.

Thanks for your help.

May I ask u you upload your backtests and the set files for it. I'm getting nothing else than bad results on BT, i.e. E/U 2010 -34%:-S. Thx.

I did a simple optimisation backtest for 2010-01-01 - 2011-01-30 on AlpariUK (with holes in their data), and only changed the logic parameter between 1 and 6.

I was going to list the % dd's in my earlier post, but the dd reported in the optimisation report seems different to the dd in backtest... am investigating.

I am also investigating the super aggressive thing I mentioned above , as I now realise that Super Aggressive wasn't the only setting I changed...

Back with some results a bit later...

May I ask u you upload your backtests and the set files for it. I'm getting nothing else than bad results on BT, i.e. E/U 2010 -34%:-S. Thx.

Ok.. here goes.

My suspicions about Super aggressive turned out to be true after all. Take it off, and it makes more profit (~6x more), but dd goes from about 10% to about 23%... it must mean aggressive filtering, not recovery

Did the following on

Alpari UK (with holes in their data) but

90% backtest quality (if that means anything)

EURUSD M15

for the period 2010-01-01 - 2011-01-31 starting with $10 000:

1st = vanilla

=> profit 282.02 - max dd 1.04% (small lot size 0.1 on 10k)

2nd = with money management + aggressive + super aggressive

=> profit 3021.58 - max dd 9.54%

3rd = with money management + aggressive

=> profit 7492.32 - max dd 17.58%

4th = with money management

=> profit 3209.50 - max dd 9.09%

5th = optimise with logic between 1-6

=> Logic 1 => profit 5344.96 - dd 21.20

=> Logic 2 => profit 4632.64 - dd 18.63

=> Logic 3 => profit 2479.68 - dd 23.91

=> Logic 4 => profit 35969.44 - dd 23.31

=> Logic 5 => profit 5201.60 - dd 15.98

=> Logic 6 => profit 2024.84 - dd 39.53

6th = with Logic 4 on EU (not what is recommended)

=> profit 47106.04 - max dd 20.50%

All backtests and settings files for the above can be downloaded here:

hxxp://www.multiupl0ad.c@m/CXZ3KH4N11

Further to this, during yesterday's optimisation (along similar lines)

(and excluding USDCHF and EURCHF which don't return optimisation results... haven't taken this further yet.. may be a spread filter thing)

Logic 4 most profitable for all of them 11-23% dd

Logic 5 generally has the least dd

I haven't even started playing with logic = 0 yet.. but presume that could offer better optimisation. (some might call it curve fitting, I call it making the robot work optimally, where optimally is defined as a fine balance between most profit and least dd)

If I find anything interesting, I'll be sure to share..

You are right albatore same thing that I always think, got me razy too.

people running experts are most likely running more than one on a live account...

you're asking someone to create a new live account for each robot, and run it in a separate terminal just so that they can publish clean results...

too much hassle if you ask me..

i have backtest from 2010 Jan to 2011 Feb. and have good result. can someone modify the money management to increase from a decimal 0.01 per time. example 0.10, 0.11, 0.12,0.13.... the default was 0.10, 0.20, 0.30. And also i would like to see the money management start to kicks in when the account reach $500.

:D thanks!

Anybody help me, please! The money management is very poor.. There are only 3 different settings -> Moneymanagment single: shocker use 0,01 lot /100$ , or agressive tru: 0,01 lot /50$ and super agressive true: 0,01lot/33$ ... all three settings very high for me. Because I would like use 0,01 lot / 200 $ , and not 100 or 50 or 33$.. Another EA i see it so at else money management, example: lot risk reductor 0-100. This is good, and sensitive electoral opportunity. But forex shocker is not good. What is it necessary to modify in metaeditor how the forex shocker money management should he be good? Help me , please!

Anybody help me, please! The money management is very poor.. There are only 3 different settings ... But forex shocker is not good. What is it necessary to modify in metaeditor how the forex shocker money management should he be good? Help me , please!
I think you're asking the unreasonable. I don't think someone is going to modify the MM part of the EA, esp. if the trading it does is mediocre, barely profitable, or not profitable at all. If you're not happy with it in demo testing, then don't use it. IMO you are not missing out on anything with this EA.

I use the forex shocker since 1 year on my real account... only till now I use with fix lot, yesterday I believed it I try it his money management, and I saw that it is not too good. Tonight I made it for myself, in metaeditor I modified .mq4, fortunately was not complicated and difficult!:) I use in the future 0,01 lot/200$ , not 100 or less. Because I use more(6 pieces) expert advisor in a time only on 1 account, not only alone this forex shocker, and this money management (0,01 lot/100$) was little agressive for me. Good night!

I think you're asking the unreasonable. I don't think someone is going to modify the MM part of the EA, esp. if the trading it does is mediocre, barely profitable, or not profitable at all. If you're not happy with it in demo testing, then don't use it. IMO you are not missing out on anything with this EA.

I second that, it works great on demo due to low spreads but terrible on live due to high spreads. Which is why it looks great on test sites but getting the opposite results when trading live with real money.

Edited by civicsi411