(REQ) ForexSFT

First let me say that I'm usually not keen on Expert Advisors. I routinely skip the threads on EAs. I prefer manual systems based on price action.

However, this EA caught my eye as it's based on genetic algorithyms which supposedly allow it to adjust to changing market conditions. It will be released Tuesday 6/22 at 9AM EST. Here is the link for the details plus you can download a free indicator.

http://www.forexstf.com/ 

Also here is a descriptive PDF:

http://www.forexstf.com/casestudynfaq.pdf 

On the surface, this Expert Advisor sounds great !

Edited by Diesel 10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I do a visual backtest EU 1m the pair will go over 100 pips into profit without any trailing stop? shouldnt trailing stop be activated at the 25 pips default setting?

On the website you can see him run a visual backtest and the TS always kicks in so there might be a bug in this version

Here you´ll find source code of this version. I only modify an internal variable as an external one (gi_136).

Switching it to TRUE or FALSE you will see values where the EA is placing StopLoss and TakeProfit.

I consider there is a mistake with decimals calculations. I'll work on it, perhaps any of you may do it faster.

I hope it helps.

Mónica

hxxp://[email protected]/file/uZDCGOsd/Forex-STF-prueba.html

FxKnight Sir,with all respect the pair advertised shud have been usdjpy and not eurusd.my 1 minute backtest though short has 9 wins out of 9 trades.hope someone can test it on usdjpy 1 minute tf for a longer period

report below 10000 to 11989 in 9 trades over a few days:

multiupload.c0m/ WN6E6NZ4JP

Ran the EA on 2 years data on USDJPY, one with MM and the other with fixed lot size. The broker used was Alpari UK Live account.

Though there were few trades between the two years, result was great. With MM off and fixed lot size of 1, the profit was 4 times and the profit factor was 24.47!

hxxp://[email protected]/file/uYecbXRl/STF_Strategy_Tester.html

can we believe in these back test? would like to request for an "autopsy" of this EA to confirm any cheating like ProFX robot.

Edited by JasonKwok

FxKnight Sir,with all respect the pair advertised shud have been usdjpy and not eurusd.my 1 minute backtest though short has 9 wins out of 9 trades.hope someone can test it on usdjpy 1 minute tf for a longer period

report below 10000 to 11989 in 9 trades over a few days:

multiupload.c0m/ WN6E6NZ4JP

I did not try it on the UJ so maybe the results would be different. Good luck with it ;)

Cheers

http://[email protected]/file/IRPyNabf/forex-sft.html

Here you'll find template with the indicators the EA is using, and the way the are settled.

Long Entry= OSMA > 0, WPR < -70, RSI > 70, STOCH > 30

Sort Entry= OSMA < 0, WPR > -30, RSI < 30, STOCH < 70

imho it won't open any trade until one of above is met.

And that are exactly the same decisions the NASA is making when flying with the Space Shuttle...we won't fly until on of the above is met