FXsmooth Indicator

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably a non lagging moving average(which does repaint), but instead of being placed on the price chart they have repackaged it and put it at the bottom of the chart. Not too much new but everyone is looking for the holy grail and it just doesn't exist. Non lagging MA is available for free--just google NonLagMA_v7.1. It turns green for buy and red for sell just like Fxsmooth indicator. Also similar to SaneFX indicator.

I feel I need to say something here. While it is true that the NOLagMA_v7.1 repaints it only does so on the default settings. If you change "ColorBack" to zero it does not repaint at all but will stay whatever the thrid color is to show ranging or flat periods between changing from an up to a down trend. I feel if people are going to say something repaints they should at least check the settings and learn how to use the indicator. I have been using it for over a year on all time frames and am very fammilar with how it works on a chart visually

but non lag ma also repaints the past bar, if you dont change the settings then it will repaint the last 2 or 1 bar according to the settings available. so please dont rely on the past results seen on the non lag ma bcoz if you change the settings it will different...
There is no delight in owning anything unshared

In reply to my inquiry, I just received this email from the creator of FX Smooth. These are his works verbatim:

"The FXSmooth never repaints - all bars and signals are final once issued.

Kind Regards,

Terry Brooks

FXSmooth.com"

straight from the horses mouth. unless he's lying, that should settle the repaint controversy. Whether the indicator is indeed the long searched for wonderful, special, and magical holy grail as portrayed, I couldn't tell you...

Edited by Diesel 10

They always say it does not repaint "usually after the candle close", but would like to see it live.

The indicator can change as much as it wants UNTIL the candle closes. Then no change. That's what he confirmed to me. I intentionally didn't leave any wiggle room... this repaint issue is decided in my mind.

and we still have no one who can share this :(

i somehow cant get myself to trust a website which equates forex to an atm machine on your desktop :)

Despite there being no refund warranty shown or implied on the fxsmooth promotion website, the author responded to my enquiry that he completely backs his product and will provide a refund within 30 days (some sort of Plimus warranty equating to Clickbank's 60 days perhaps?) if it is not found to perform the way it is claimed. So is trust still an issue?

We've also seen where one is refunded if not satisfied, but not all always live up to their guarantee. No matter what, this indicator seem too good to be true....

I believe this is possible... my reasons being I see some form of lag and thats the trade-off for filtering unnecessary signals n whipsaws

One obvious truth.FOREX IS ANYTHING BUT EASY

I believe this is possible... my reasons being I see some form of lag and thats the trade-off for filtering unnecessary signals n whipsaws

Agreed. It seems reasonable, unlike others signal indicators that show you reversals right on the top or bottom bar and are later found out to be repaint... this one isn't going to get you long at the very bottom or short at the very top, but as long as you catch a good part of the trend and avoid whipsaws, it could work well.

Who will share?

as i went through the fxsmooth website, i had also considered this point. i take this as a sign that this indi could indeed be what it seems to be.

but after revisiting the site, i found that the creator is now on an email harvesting exercise. that is a minus to me. also, looking at the charts that was provided to show the performance of this indi. i found that the lines drawn by the indi seems crooked, uneven and not completely straight. this is most evident on the e/j 1hr chart. i may be over-reacting but seems like signs of repainting!!

another thing is that. this indi is also like the holy grail of indicators. but why is it sold so cheaply??? even some of the systems and indis that we know of are priced way more than that. when people already know they are scams. if i am the creator. i would be somewhere enjoying life. all i need is a internet connection and my life is set!! why go through the hassle of convicing people to buy my indi. hiring staffs and paying salaries. then answering emails that could piss you off??

i think what we need now, is not for some generous member to come and share this indi. although this would be nice. but rather, we want a member who has used it personally. to share with us his experiences using it. that this indi is as advertised and works as said!!

if after verification that this indi is viable. i believe we can go and purchase it on our own. as the price is not out of our league. we can make back the amount easily, if this indi works.

p.s just my doubts, as we've all been duped before.

Don't fall for this indicator! what he shows are periods of trendiness that is when the market is trending. example 4hr eurjpy chart traded by his buddy jason. what he does not show is the period just before that Feb 25th March 5. when it was in a congestion phase making a bottom. same thing with the hourly charts. Like all others he shows the profitable trades and not the losses.

as i went through the fxsmooth website, i had also considered this point. i take this as a sign that this indi could indeed be what it seems to be.

but after revisiting the site, i found that the creator is now on an email harvesting exercise. that is a minus to me. also, looking at the charts that was provided to show the performance of this indi. i found that the lines drawn by the indi seems crooked, uneven and not completely straight. this is most evident on the e/j 1hr chart. i may be over-reacting but seems like signs of repainting!!

another thing is that. this indi is also like the holy grail of indicators. but why is it sold so cheaply??? even some of the systems and indis that we know of are priced way more than that. when people already know they are scams. if i am the creator. i would be somewhere enjoying life. all i need is a internet connection and my life is set!! why go through the hassle of convicing people to buy my indi. hiring staffs and paying salaries. then answering emails that could piss you off??

i think what we need now, is not for some generous member to come and share this indi. although this would be nice. but rather, we want a member who has used it personally. to share with us his experiences using it. that this indi is as advertised and works as said!!

if after verification that this indi is viable. i believe we can go and purchase it on our own. as the price is not out of our league. we can make back the amount easily, if this indi works.

p.s just my doubts, as we've all been duped before.

according to him, definitely not repaint. also, the signals seem to lag the turns in the market which to me adds credibility. as to him harvesting emails, if you're going to do a marketing campaign, I imagine that would be a part of it. regarding the line, it seems like tiny little stairs to me rather than the usual wiggley moving average, which in my opinion is good as it doesn't reverse directions until after the trend definitely has so less whipsaws. regarding why he doesn't just go to a desert island and trade rather than marketing his indicator, there are many successful wealthy people who market investment materials. Doesn't necessarily make the materials bad. as to price, that again doesn't mean it's gotta be bad.

overall it seems more reasonable than most of the systems out there if it performs the way it's depicted.

agreed that it would at least be nice to hear from someone who actually used this and then we would know whether worth buying...

Edited by Diesel 10