Bl@ck P@nth3r

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [REQ]Bl@ck P@nth3r

:-ss hello all im so glad to read most forums on EAs but this black panther has gotten me curious

this is my first ever reply to anything please if anyone hase it could i please get a free copy ...and thank you all for your great knowledge \m/ by the way im called dizzy

The setup.exe file will install 2 .dll's into windows itself. One looks like a trojan to me.. Be very careful of this. IF you buy and test this I would recommend using a test computer instead of a machine you would normally work from.

And Stormin.. We only beaten if the EA itself actually did profit trading... Other than the sellers marketing web site Ive not seen any proof of that yet.

My Antivirus didn't find any trojan in any file. Test it now. I will post my results as test proceed.

Yea Im runnin malware bytes right now and so far nothin..

But I run WinPatrol on all my Machines so I stopped the wierd dll from installing.

But as soon as I did the setup.exe for this WinPatrol popped up 3 things that were being put into Windows Itself. One was the ForexEaProtector and a dll for that. THe 3 thing was a Random named dll. Those are usually Tojans of some sort.

But if this is a brand new trojan written by Panther than none of the scanners will pick it up. Too New.. Too small of target users.. Tonight I am gonna setup test machine with FireWall watcher and see just what it does.

EveryOne should be runnin WinPatrol or something similiar so you can see installs as they happin..

What possibly can author wanted by using trojan?! Maybe it has connection with EA protection. Wierd...

Why do most trojan exist. KeyLoggers to get usernames/passwords.. You name it..

Ive been around this stuff for many years and youd be suprised.

Hey I aint saying for sure this is a trojan but if it smells like a fish it is probably a fish. Thats why I am gonna put this behind its own firewall tonight so I can see what it is doin.

And the origional author may not even know this trojan was in his zip file. If his machine is infected and the trojan is smart enought it would just attach itself..

The setup.exe file will install 2 .dll's into windows itself. One looks like a trojan to me.. Be very careful of this. IF you buy and test this I would recommend using a test computer instead of a machine you would normally work from.

And Stormin.. We only beaten if the EA itself actually did profit trading... Other than the sellers marketing web site Ive not seen any proof of that yet.

very true. i did mean education beaten though :geek:

what dlls are they? so i can make sure theyre removed from my system <):)

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Can someone just post the .ex4 and DLL that goes with it? That way not everyone is running the exe on their machines. I don't have a test machine where I can try it.

Thanks in advance!

You cant crack the ex4 it protected. and you gotta have a KeyCode from the developer or it will just un-install itself as has already been stated.

Just give it a few and see if it can be educated or not.

Scan some of the other forums and see if you can find any anyone using it and gettin results. Remember this just came out Today 23Mar10.

what dlls are they? so i can make sure theyre removed from my system <):)

Sorry When I told WinPatrol to not install the dll it deleted it.. Tonight I will do the full install again and I will write down the names so you can kill them.. But on my machine it was a random name, just like so many other malware are.

looks like we need our master BIRT here for making any progress ....

he's currently unavailable. im sure the russian will take this protection as an affront to their reputation as master educators and should be on the case as we speak to give it a schooling.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

What are the names of the dlls that are installed?

Idea: open the .ex4 in a hex editor and compare with a "decompilable" .ex4. It might give a clue.

Am currently abroad, will have a good look when I get back.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

I'm gonna be OFF topic here a minute.

I keep all the stuff I download stored on a usb hard drive. Some of this Forex stuff is 6 or 7 years old.

So out of curiousty I did a complete scan of that drive during lunch just to see what was there. Now a lot of this stuff I download and then never run/use unless I want to look at it or actually try a demo on.

On that hard drive/forex folder were 4 trojans in different packages (scan took 2 hours on 330,000 items).

One in particular Trojan Bancos was in the Neuro_Shell_DayTrader. Which I download from this site back last August. Only reason I never detected it before is I never actually ran the setup.exe program to do the install.

Just read about Trojan Bancos and it is designed to capture/steal usernames/passwords of financial instutions and report them back to the author.

I guess my point being an EA doesnt always come by itself. And ANY Setup.exe should be run with caution..

Get yourself some kind of install watcher like WinPatrol or TeaTimer, its the only way to really know what happin.

OK enough of that.. Back to your regulary scheduled show..