Megadroid Pro XE V1.2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is optimization? The programming behind MD or the setting we are to use?

Anyway.. Is XE Pro 1.2 still good for EURUSD pair on default settings?

I'm trying to get the most out of it by turning on all the ADT GMT zones.. any other comments how to get the best performance from it ?

I'm still trying to get info on what some of the settings mean.. its not really that "self explanatory"

ie. What does Override Trade Times mean?

What is optimization? The programming behind MD or the setting we are to use?

Anyway.. Is XE Pro 1.2 still good for EURUSD pair on default settings?

Backtested results based on different variables of the Ea inputs

I'm trying to get the most out of it by turning on all the ADT GMT zones.. any other comments how to get the best performance from it ?

I would not do this if i were you ! .......... DANGER .........

ADT was originally for Megadroid only trading the eurusd pair only. Now because we can trade multiple pairs with Pro as well as adjusting Trading Start & End times , we really don't need to and shouldn't be using ADT anyway !

I'm still trying to get info on what some of the settings mean.. its not really that "self explanatory"

ie. What does Override Trade Times mean?

Exactly that ! Overide Default trade times which is GMT 21 to GMT 23 for S1 strategy. See my earlier posts in the MD Pro thread for more details

Good luck with your trading !

Exactly that ! Overide Default trade times which is GMT 21 to GMT 23 for S1 strategy. See my earlier posts in the MD Pro thread for more details

Good luck with your trading !

Thanks.

But does that mean Trade Friday, Sunday, Month End etc.. only work if you turn OVERIDE TRADE TIME to TRUE?

No Li,

The Days mentioned above have their own separate input tabs in the XE version of MP. The other versions don't. Overide Trade Times means you are able to adjust the default S1 trading times, which is from GMT 21 to GMT 23 to any times you choose !

I hope this makes it clear for you !

Is backtesting on MD Pro XE 1.2 going to be accurate?

I have backtested just about every time period since 2009 , ADT setting (all, none and 4,6,-2), MD setting and aggressive on and off, recovery on and off, different risk settings.. even tried changing the stop loss values..

In about every one of my tests, it made a loss in the end, even if it makes steady growth half way through testing..

What settings are people using to make consistent gains?

Concering backtesting, it seems, that it doesn´t work right with such scalping EAs.

I made a backtest in a period, where I had been running MD pro live, and while of 10 trades there was only 1 looser, the backtest was much worser. Don´t know why.

Anyway, let´s wait Theozaki, what he reports about trading in the past days.

Concering backtesting, it seems, that it doesn´t work right with such scalping EAs.

I made a backtest in a period, where I had been running MD pro live, and while of 10 trades there was only 1 looser, the backtest was much worser. Don´t know why.

Anyway, let´s wait Theozaki, what he reports about trading in the past days.

I see! Well thats good, i was worried that all my backtests would show how bad my settings were..

Forward testing from now on only:)

Okay so ive been demoing this for a while now,... just wondering why does this always hit stop loss so badly?

What are the "good" settings for this EA?

I thought MD is supposed to have 95% successful trading.. ive probably been about 50% wins.. small wins, 50% stop losses.. and big ones..

Ive pretty must left default settings with ADT on for +4,+6 and -2..

Forget this version, unless Theozaki finally presents the trades of March´s last days trading, together with the proper settings.

Failing to do so tells us to forget this version, or, forget the "potential", XE is offering with wider settings. There must be a reason, why the basic and pro version works within a not changeable very narrow period, as do all Asian session scalpers.

For me, I´ll continue with MDpro, but since trades are very scarce, it is difficult to tell something about trading on other pairs than EURUSD.

Backtesting, as I already told, does not give an exact feedback, probably due to the missing accuracy, which is even more essential to such scalpers. It can be used on optimizing the trading periods, though.

I´ve just seen again last night with Caspian EA on USDJPY, how 1-2 bad trades after the recommended trading period blow all profits made before in that night´s session (USDJPY only 20-23GMT, probably even 21-23GMT, since USDJPY is "squeezed" between the closure of US-Market and opening of Asian markets)

• 6 months later...