Megadroid Pro XE V1.2

Hi Guys and Gals

This is a very interesting modification of our old favorite Megadroid.

Lots of features and mods, such as incorporating ADT

would appreciate some feedback.

(apologies if this has already been shared,but I could not find it using "search" )

check it out

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q84EQQ6P

kudo's welcome =D>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Megadroid Pro XE V1.2

It was me who modified it, but I don't use it anymore.

I tried it for a while, but it just wiped out profits all the time and made no visable progress.

I think there are better free experts out there. Good ones seem to be appearing on a particular thread on forex factory at the moment.

Also, funyoo's EAs at trade systems forex look very profitable.

I tried it for a while, but it just wiped out profits all the time and made no visable progress.

I think there are better free experts out there. Good ones seem to be appearing on a particular thread on forex factory at the moment.

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

I stand humbled in your presence , this EA has some of the best features that I have ever seen =D>

Has anyone tested this (either back or forward) using lowered S/L for the pairs? The trades are often very good, but the occasional stop loss hit eats up a lot of the profit. Optimization with lower stop loss settings could make this a great EA.

te-folder what do u mean to say with right optimization?! :-??

the original megadroid was optimized for eurusd, thats why you see very good results over nine years in the past, the guys from megadroid team did know how to optimize it, if it works in eurusd it can works in all other currencies, you just need the right settings, how to optimize it well, it just depends how you do it, make many tests over the data, choose the best range settings to optimize and what parameters to optimize, choose the right time data to optimize, could be months or years and then test the robot outside the optimization period data to see if it is profitable, like optimize 2004 and test in 2005, you need a strong computer to do this, optimizations can last various hours - days.

Hi Rio, Can you share a link to the forex factory thread please.

The original EURUSD megadroid was updated to v1.2 which had less drawdown.

I think there should be a multicurrency hack of that educated version floating around the forum somewhere.

Megadroid Pro wasn't updated with the new fixes and still trades like old Megadroid 1.0

If someboyd can dig up the MD v1.2 multicurrency hack, we can take another look at it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So what is safe or more prfitable?

Regular MD 1.21 or MD Pro XE 1.2?

Ive tried it but there are so many settings I have no idea about.. is there a manual or anything to help ?

Also is Advanced Droid Tactics actually built in to this?! :)

Also can anyone explain the following settings:

Trade Time Periods : Override Trade Times

Advanced Droid Tactics : All The Trade GMT Times? All of them are True, does that mean MD Pro will trade 16 hours a day instead of the Default?

Also what are some of the best Brokers (for small / micro accounts ) for MD?

I tend to think that Megadroid 1.21 is safer than Megadroid Pro at the moment.

What we should do it tweak MD1.21 it and optimize it for currencies other than EURUSD

Thanks Rio,

what would you say is the best way to go about MD 1.21 to get ti to trade more often?

Or best not to ?

So does anyone have a guide on how to tweak the settings?

theyre pretty self explainatory. this is EA Kain - so if you use that, you are effectively using this EA, with someone's tweeked settings.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

EA Kain is an inferior product compared with MP 1.01ee or XE V1.2 because of the fact that the Risk Reward ratio is something like 10 to 1 in EA Kain whereas MP is around 3 to 1. Heaps better !!

Even the famous Fapturbo has a Risk/Reward ratio of around 10:1 also which is one of the main reasons i choose not to use this product even though i have bought it and can modify the SL settings myself. It isn't as prudent as MP in selecting it's trades either !

Also Adjustable variables in the EA inputs Tab for EA Kain is for complete Forex newbies.

I like to have full control over my trading parameters always.

Megadroid Pro for me always !!

i agree ozaki.

i have had some great results using pro and tweaking the settings to limit trading to only a couple of times a month, but it picks those events spectacuarly well.

i miss bbrain. i really hope its him selling EAkain and not some two-bob copycat taking all his work for profit.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

i agree ozaki.

i have had some great results using pro and tweaking the settings to limit trading to only a couple of times a month, but it picks those events spectacuarly well.

Can you share your settings?

Can anyone explain what the "Override Trade Times means"?

If only trading a few times a month, is it not better to just use regular MD than MD Pro xE?

I sorta want an EA to trade many times a week taking small profits each time than an EA that trades only a few times a month taking huge profits..

thoughts?

I'm using MP XE V1.2 live this week in order to trade at the end of month. Default settings for MP don't allow End of Month Trading from 29th to the 31 st of each month. We can overide this using the XE versions of MP only !

Normally i use MP V1.01ee .

I will report at the conclusion of this week again regarding live results and performance using MP XE V1.2

Cheers