what is the max lotsize realistically tradeable on MT4

Dear all,

I would like to challenge the sense of MT4 platform once your account has increased in size.

Is anyone able to judge what lotsize (full lot equivalents of 100K USD) is still dealable on the major players like forex.com, alpari(UK), FXCM...

(If I missed a big MT4 player its not ment on purpose)

I don't need a sharp figure but was just wondering if trading 10lots or alike is still 'possible'.

And yes I know it depends on the liquidity and thus on the time, let's assume rather short term scalping in ASIA session on EURUSD (IMHO most liquid pair)

Are there any warnings when to realize that the lotsize is too big?

Does it help to split into multiple accounts? (I would guess yes, as the volume then hits in multiple chunks and it might be easier for MT4 brokers to serve multiple orders of let us say 10 orders each 1lot vs 1 order with 10lots)

What professional platforms are out there? As of which volume would it be good to use straight liquidity provider? What are the costs?

I know a bunch of questions but I can't get away from the feeling that MT4 is just good until about 50K account...

thks,

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Re: what is the max lotsize realistically tradeable on MT4

I am not sure about FXCM or any other one, But at Alpari - You can trade till 50 Lots without any hassles & Above 50 You need ask for a quote. And anyways MT4 is not designed to trade more than 100 Lots ( Atleast this is what an institutional brokerage firm told me).

If you trade with Dealing Desk Brokers, You are bound to lose money.

If you trade with Non Dealing Desk - They Send your Trade executed on MT4 to thier Currenex API via a bridge. Till date, there has been no bridge which is 100 % successful, the reason being a bridge can't comply incomplete fills. As in Bank A wants 50 Lots And Bank B wants 100 Lots. If you place an order of 150 Lots on MT4, it wont get executed as your order fills won't get filled in the order 50 Lots to Bank A and 100 Lots to Bank B and your order will be cancelled though there is Market Liquidity but you would find lack of liquidity. If you acutally want to trade big lot sizes, trade on currenex. That is what the pros do. No hassles, Best Spread, Powerful Execution & THE CORRECT LIQUIDITY or THE ACTUAL MARKET LIQUIDITY. I think I made myself clear & sorry for the extra information ; But You'll need this while trading big lots in the long term !

Harsh124

Please Dont Forget the Kudos Coming! :-bd

I agree that you probably should be looking at Currenex.

I still trade with MetaTrader brokers, and have been scaling in and out by making many small trades, but it can be tedious and time consuming to plan and execute the trades. One reason that I've stuck with MetaTrader is the programmability of the MetaTrader platform, though it also has its headaches and some very bad design elements.

I am not sure about FXCM or any other one, But at Alpari - You can trade till 50 Lots without any hassles & Above 50 You need ask for a quote. And anyways MT4 is not designed to trade more than 100 Lots ( Atleast this is what an institutional brokerage firm told me).

If you trade with Dealing Desk Brokers, You are bound to lose money.

If you trade with Non Dealing Desk - They Send your Trade executed on MT4 to thier Currenex API via a bridge. Till date, there has been no bridge which is 100 % successful, the reason being a bridge can't comply incomplete fills. As in Bank A wants 50 Lots And Bank B wants 100 Lots. If you place an order of 150 Lots on MT4, it wont get executed as your order fills won't get filled in the order 50 Lots to Bank A and 100 Lots to Bank B and your order will be cancelled though there is Market Liquidity but you would find lack of liquidity. If you acutally want to trade big lot sizes, trade on currenex. That is what the pros do. No hassles, Best Spread, Powerful Execution & THE CORRECT LIQUIDITY or THE ACTUAL MARKET LIQUIDITY. I think I made myself clear & sorry for the extra information ; But You'll need this while trading big lots in the long term !

Harsh124

Post of the truth, i think the mt4 was designed for these small brokers to scam people, but hey, almost of the traders loose and these DD brokers keeps with their money and pays for the small winners(ponzi?), but i think who goes for these brokers doesnt know really anything about forex and the loose percentage of the traders can be close to 99%, off course if a giant trader goes to this brokers and earns by lucky a big quantity he wont be paid, they will make up many excuses.