caliberfxpro

yaron222

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only trading EURUSD and here is the modified with TP. The TP is specified in TP1 parameters.

The part of the codes that are changed is signed by Daniel. Do a Find for Dan in the source code and you will know where the changes are and you could do the same for other pairs.

Hope this help.

Can you reupload it pls. Rapidshare is expired.

And/or can you tell me what was changed on the code? I looked at the original version and the code seemed fine and I got trades alright.

Can you reupload it pls. Rapidshare is expired.

And/or can you tell me what was changed on the code? I looked at the original version and the code seemed fine and I got trades alright.

As requested, here is the second upload. The problem we found is that the new version opens trade without TP. In the sendorder() TP=0, for ECN, modifyOrder(), TP also =0.

hxxp://[email protected]/files/398444692/Calibre_EURUSD_FX_v3_3.mq4.html

e24,it means that the ea will sleep or take a trading break for as many minutes as you use for this input once it has clsoed a trade or has been stopped out on any given pair.

this feature was introduced to remove one of the main faults with earlier version where the ea did not know that a trend has changed if its taken up position,long or short ,was stopped and it kept placing new orders instantly after getting stopped.

the pause through this feature has calmed the ea,letting it consider market a few hours to take a fresh view and trade.

on backtests i used 740 minutes for sleep first and got good results but later changed the input to 1440 minutes and got even better results.right now i am using 1440 minutes in this last input.

Hi halcyonn thanks for your reply

So if i understand this you are resting the EA for 24hrs before it can take the next trade 1440min = 24hrs

Could i ask why so long of a break if the system is following the direction of Zig Zag and the OsMA indicator?

Guest james_phuc28

Hi Jason and Halcyonn,

1. Please kindly advise me which pairs can be used with the Modified Caliber in following link: hxxp://[email protected]/file/FjAgoCf_/Calibre_EURUSD_FX_v3_3.html ?

2. What is the best set of rest time for above modified EA? 720 minutes or 1440?

3. Halcyoon: What are the 10 pairs that you are running this modified Caliber EA with? And which pairs do you find most profitable? And how many weeks have you tried running this EA on 10 pairs?

Do you use all default settings for all 10 pairs? Or for each pair, you used a different setting?

+ What is the profit factor and max drawdown on main pairs like Eurusd, Gbpusd, Usdjpy, Usdchf?

Thanks for your detailed explanations

James

Original version was good on demo and live. But, only for the first 2 weeks. Like so many other EA's, it started to go negative after the 3rd and 4th weeks. I don't know if it was because it was curve fitted, or if it was because of the heavy extremes we experienced in late April and May? So, now it's in my "dead end" collection of deactivated EA's. :P

Demo account in RED with original and Version 3_3.