MetaTrader to Dynamic Trader

Dave78

hi, i have set up the chart, when I saved the file, there's no error, which I had successfully created the ascii file. But the ascii file won't be seen at the DT directory. But the chart can still be set, continue with creating new forex chart and locate the DT directory during in DT software. I think as long the prn files and textinfo.inf is in the DT directory, the process should be fine.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
after exploring DT5, I can't seem to find the power of the trading software. Or is there anyone trading forex with DT5 effectively?

I am still trying to install DT6, and this is will be my first time. but already following robert miner and his friends method for many years.

DT is more on Fibo strategy. specially if you use Harmonic Strategy, you will play much on fibo cluster. The auto Harmonic pattern in MT4 don't satisfy me. and with DT you will help you to make your chart more clean by ignoring some Fib line any time and re-activate at ant time too. It is more on manual fib drawing. You will not see any fancy and magic indicator on DT.

That is way I need T, but still lack to get the Data from MT4

----------------------------------------- NOW THE QUESTION----------------

How to update the data that i already open ? as i know, the data doesn't update automatically. Please Advice

Edited by kissaki

Anyone has experience in Realtime Data transfer from Tradestation to Dynamic Trader ? I have problem to do so.

According to "DT Tradestation Utility Instructions" I input DTTSUTILITY.ELD into TS8.6, bring up a 5 min

chart, insert the indicator DTTS and a notation appears at the top of chart saying "DTTS Utility(4)". everything seems OK : the chart is updating, but there is NO data output from Tradestation : the data file is supposed to be written in the directory "dttsdata" of C disk, but there a file named IB is empty !

Anyone has succeeded to do so ? Anyone has the DT Users Guide Suppliment which could be accessed only by DT Owners ? any help would be appreciated

Hi rocko, turtle, daveg,

I have similar problem like you. I try to create ascii file. And I got the following message.

"Cannot create file c:\program file\Ava Meta Trader\experts\files\DT_S&P500_M5.inf."

As per rocko’s suggestion, I should copy this file from Ava Meta Trader\experts\files and copy it in to DT directory. But I am unable to find this file in my computer.

Please let me know how can I find this file and load it in DT directory.

In addition, I have RT data from e Signal. Does any one has any idea how can I get this e Signal data in to DT.

Hi,

I'm a newbie here :| Am using Win 7 and DT6. Put MetToDet.ex4 in C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators, pasted it on MT4 charts with the indicator parameter values all true (M1_Data - MN1_data). "DT Data Generator" is shown at bottom-left of the charts, but .prn data is not being generated in C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts\files. Could someone tell me what I am missing?

Many thanks in advance!

In win 7 you need to go the the files location in program files. Then click "Compatibility Files" to reveal the files. This takes you to the 'virtualstore'; an 'ingenious' bit of microsoft security rubbish if you ask me...

In my case, this is the location I find them.....

C:\Users\****Owner\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\***MT4\experts\files

BTW---I needed to use this path for advanced get to see my files.

Dave

In win 7 you need to go the the files location in program files. Then click "Compatibility Files" to reveal the files. This takes you to the 'virtualstore'; an 'ingenious' bit of microsoft security rubbish if you ask me...

In my case, this is the location I find them.....

C:\Users\****Owner\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\***MT4\experts\files

BTW---I needed to use this path for advanced get to see my files.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for your help! I found a webpage explaining the Win 7 function and put the link here as an additional info for someone not so familiar with Win 7 like me.

http://www.winvistaclub.com/f39.html

Now I could load 'most of' data I'm having MetToDet generate into DT (data of 43 currency pairs/time frames - they are no longer shown in the experts\files folder), however there are some data (11 currency pairs/time frames) still in the experts\files folder that are not loaded into DT (not shown in DT's Portfolio Manager - Charts available to add: field). Could you tell me what's going on?

Thanks again,

I assume that you haven't pressed the red button on the up-left corner of the chart? Is that right?

Hey Dave. I've got the same problem- the chart loads but doesn't update in real time. I'm using DT6 and don't see a red button in the upper left corner. What function is that? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

I've been a big fan of DT for a while, thanks to this thread I was able to finally find a way to get 5 decimal places to show up on the charts... In the ASCII setup in the portfolio you can only select up to 4 decimal places...

The answer is to go to your ASCII export folder (after you setup your ASCII in the software), and edit the file txtinfo.inf, change the cf value to 5 for 5 decimal places. Now every chart you open from that folder will give you 5 decimal places...

As far as the green/red (for live ASCII updates) button disappearing... locate the Zoomin button on the interface (little magnifying glass)... and right above it is a slim line/button called Last Bar Info... click it and than you will see your ON/OFF (green/red) controls on the chart

There is a very good MT export indicator called Live Chart Export, this is a 2 in 1, since it does both realtime charts (with 5 different time frames) and translation to ADVGET9.1 EOD format. Also it keeps your original decimal points... unlike other exporters that will round it off to 4 decimal places!

You can find it here:

http://forum.fxopen.com/showthread.php?p=530273#post530273

(need to register to get the file off the forum)

I'm still looking for an exporter that will translate time in the HHMM format instead of HHMMSS

Wave59 doesnt like HHMMSS, so I still have to use macros to save CSV file in MT and then refresh it in Wave59 (2.13v)

Anyone have a link to the Robert Miner's high probability trading strategies video ?

I have the book and wondering what else does he go into in the video?

Thanks All!

V.

• 5 weeks later...

Probs with data feed to DT6

I have attached the Live chart indicator to the metatrader but when i go to make new portofolio i do get Access Violation error message. Could somebody kindly sort this out. Also on the Ascii set up page i do get Cannot create file 'txtinfo.inf'. Actually i do get similar message for using the metToDet indicator as well. Im using windows vista.

• 3 weeks later...
I have attached the Live chart indicator to the metatrader but when i go to make new portofolio i do get Access Violation error message. Could somebody kindly sort this out. Also on the Ascii set up page i do get Cannot create file 'txtinfo.inf'. Actually i do get similar message for using the metToDet indicator as well. Im using windows vista.

1. Install MT4 in C:\ instead of C:\Program Files\MT4\

2. You are ready to setup ASCII

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest grandpost

Hi, and thanks to all contributers, I got DT6 and MettoDt and the charts open but they do not refresh

I cant find the button or I am pressing it and nothing refreshes

Is it supposed to refresh on it's own (can we get it to move like in metatrader the prices)

The red button is on the chart left hand top corner. It's function is to press it and it refreshes the chart. If you get stuck, locate the program through C Drive/Program files/DT6 and in there is PDF files with all help files and description of the charting platform.