The Fibonacci Strike

Guys, you are awesome, but I may have something better, more complicated but not much for san, here it is, I suggest that a filter is put into the indicator which can be changed by the user, this filter is to only give signals according to a minamun range of the bar in any timeframe(which is adjustable by user) I have done a little research and found that you will need at least a 20 pip range for the signal to be more accurate, also instead of 38.2% I found that 44% gives less false signals, that is the high and low range x 44% added to the close price seems to work better, I found that M15 is about the lowest you can trade it, which is fine, so basically I would love san to either make a whole new indicator with user input adjustable pip range filter minamun and a adjustable percentage user input for the range close bar as well, also instead of a moving average line, this needs to be changed to a horizontal line, example the M15 range of currency is High .9980, Low .9960, so this meets our minamun 20 pip range, so then 20x44%=8.8 rounded to 9 pips, the close price is .9972, so a red horizontal line is automatically drawn on the chart with a S for sell at .9963 and a Lime horizontal line is drawn on the chart with B for Buy at .9981, I think this would be much more effecient, I would also love a expert advisor to be built using these parameters to test the indicator along with it, the expert advisor would have a stop/loss user adjustable input, but for the indicator the stop/loss would usually be the otherside of the trade, please remember that every new bar gets a clear all, my short research suggests it is better to have new parameters setup on every new bar rather than a previuos bar that has not activated a trade yet, this way it would cover bars with a really big range as well, remember forex is hardest market to trade so we must be flexible and open-minded to both sides of the trade, this is why we need both the buy and sell to be showing so we are not biased mentally, also we know how well the fx market operates,hope this makes sense, if you want direct input san please email me directly [email protected] thanks.

Hi john1368,

I appreciate your suggestions and I'll put all of them into the indi. And I start to write an EA. Please give me a couple of hours.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's same to me too.. fibstrike 1 is not there. Maybe file got mixed up during uploading? Anyone has fibstrike 1, if exist, can upload just that one file please?

Thanks,

Looks like files "fibstrike10-1.mp4" and "fibstrike11-1" are same. Is that for everyone or it's only me?

Please check and confirm.

These files are downloaded from the following link provided by ehsan_bordbar

hxxp://www.fib0strike.c0m/download7456.html

and uploaded to 4shared, for ease of downloading.

Please go to the link for any missing files.

cheers.

Hi San1111:

You Rock! Your indicator looks great! However......my math shows different Fibo Strike values than your indicator. It could be that I'm way off on my calculations. Could you, xtclove and others download my Excel spreadsheet and check the math? Thanks so much for your help. This whole forum rocks! http://www.mediafire.com/?i9zl6s2tqasyp97

Hi San1111:

You Rock! Your indicator looks great! However......my math shows different Fibo Strike values than your indicator. It could be that I'm way off on my calculations. Could you, xtclove and others download my Excel spreadsheet and check the math? Thanks so much for your help. This whole forum rocks! http://www.mediafire.com/?i9zl6s2tqasyp97

Hi nikwoof,

after multiplied the Hi-Lo difference with Fibo value I make MathCeil calculation, which function gives back the smallest integer that exceeds or equal to original value. If you make the calculation with excel, probably you get a rounded value. I'll check your table also.

San, thanks a lot, I think that mine is not showing the figures from the previous bar on the shorter timeframes, example on a H1 chart of the AUD/USD I have my mimamun 20 pips from the previous closed bar and I am getting no signal? Are you certain these calculations are been made from the previous closed bar and not the current bar as it is not valid because it has not completed yet, thanks again.

San, thanks a lot, I think that mine is not showing the figures from the previous bar on the shorter timeframes, example on a H1 chart of the AUD/USD I have my mimamun 20 pips from the previous closed bar and I am getting no signal? Are you certain these calculations are been made from the previous closed bar and not the current bar as it is not valid because it has not completed yet, thanks again.

Hi john,

I'm sure every calculation based on last closed bar. It should be usefull to check it on a chart.

San, I have it on AUD/USD at the moment, everything from timeframe H4 downwards is showing NO SIGNAL even though the previous bar is greater than my minamun set of 20 pips, I am not sure why it is reading NO SIGNAL on every timeframe except the D1 at the moment. Looks like the error or bug is somewhere in the minamun pips area, when I change it to less than 10 it works ok, can you please have a look again? I also notice that it is only showing one side of the trade, meaning it looks as though there is only one order in play,there should always be two orders being calculated, example, once the bar is closed and we have met our minamun range filter requirement, then there should be 2 orders on the chart, one for buy, one for sell based upon the range price x 44% (user input) added to the close price=? , so ? added above the close price is a buy signal trigger , ? subtracted from the close price is the sell trigger signal, both of these will show text with lines on the chart, thanks again, great work so far, keep it up!!

San, I have it on AUD/USD at the moment, everything from timeframe H4 downwards is showing NO SIGNAL even though the previous bar is greater than my minamun set of 20 pips, I am not sure why it is reading NO SIGNAL on every timeframe except the D1 at the moment. Looks like the error or bug is somewhere in the minamun pips area, when I change it to less than 10 it works ok, can you please have a look again? I also notice that it is only showing one side of the trade, meaning it looks as though there is only one order in play,there should always be two orders being calculated, example, once the bar is closed and we have met our minamun range filter requirement, then there should be 2 orders on the chart, one for buy, one for sell based upon the range price x 44% (user input) added to the close price=? , so ? added above the close price is a buy signal trigger , ? subtracted from the close price is the sell trigger signal, both of these will show text with lines on the chart, thanks again, great work so far, keep it up!!

Hi john,

I didn't gave up :). Just yesterday and today there is national holiday in Hungary and I'm busy a bit.

First of all indicator compares (Hi-Lo)*Fibo to minimum pip. I think you expected to compare the (Hi-Lo) value. Right? But in Tom's method we have to use (Hi-Lo)*fibo.

Secondly Tom"s method suggests to look for reversal, that's why if we have bullish candle we put a sell stop and in case of bearish candle we put a buy stop. What do you think?

I think both sides of the trade is better, that way we are not mentally biased, I also think that with my method if a reversal is going to happen my method will pick it up anyway, my method is same as Tom's, high minus low X fib% from the closing price, bullish candle or not fx is extremely hard to trade, this is why with both sides of the trade I am looking for only 8-12 pips profit with many trades which can only be done using both sides of the trade, otherwise use both mine and Toms ideas in the same indicator with True or Flase settings so each person can pick there own style to trade with, more work for you though, may be best solution.

I think both sides of the trade is better, that way we are not mentally biased, I also think that with my method if a reversal is going to happen my method will pick it up anyway, my method is same as Tom's, high minus low X fib% from the closing price, bullish candle or not fx is extremely hard to trade, this is why with both sides of the trade I am looking for only 8-12 pips profit with many trades which can only be done using both sides of the trade, otherwise use both mine and Toms ideas in the same indicator with True or Flase settings so each person can pick there own style to trade with, more work for you though, may be best solution.

Ok, I complete indi to both sides.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...