Forex God Father Version 2.0 + Elite Version + Elite Bonus !

alansim

Re: Forex God Father Version 2.0 + Elite Version + Elite Bonus !

Congratz to you outcast =D>

I am very happy for you that you are making some profits $$ using this Version 2 :-bd

Cheers :)

dont call it profit, call it winning versus loosing, who will win at the end? the losses or the winners? we dont know, if you call that profit, move that capital to your bank, that's profit. until now he has winners, maybe lucky, maybe not, let's find that in the next month.

let's face the truth, do you think an ea can survive the forex jungle for very long time? my answer: not. auto-traders must know the strategy of the ea and must adpat it for new markets conditions, can this ea do this? not.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what version Stormin_Norman on v1 open 1 trade today still floating only in 2 weeks :shand:

v2.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

That is a pretty good EA.

Here's a variation of the same EA with a modified entry and exit strategy that had lower draw down in testing:

hxxp://[email protected]/?mzhdzjmnyzy

in my testing from 2006-now it had a higher drawdown and lower profits.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Unfortunately I can't find it, my EA folders are in chaos :)

I do have a cleaned up decompilation of this EA, with all of the control parameters open for modification:

hxxp://[email protected]/file/mjqzmgtmiay/EA_ForexGodfather.mq4

The EA is based on some odd philosophy where I think its going with the assumption that there is an average period for all movements, and that coupled with the volume being at some level (using their VROC indicator), you have an entry.

It almost seems bizarre that it works... I think even the control parameters themselves were acquired through backtesting and optimization. It might be interesting if someone found alternative settings for this EA that work with other currency pairs.

The problem with this EA is that it doesn't look at the market at all. It just assumes that its time for a reversal. What it needs on top of the entry logic is some kind of trade management. Not entering a trade until the price actually starts going in the indicated direction, and getting out when the trade starts going against it.

My 2 cents on this EA plus a 4 year backtest link here... http://www.4shared.com/file/172537179/e3213bed/Godfather_EA_Back_Testing.html

1. Backtest results seem realistic. 55% wins with a 1.3 risk reward. This actually creates a smooth equity curve

2. It is not a get rich quick type of trading system. It trades only once or twice per week, which means you need to have patience.

3. It's broker friendly because it swing trades, definitely not a scalper and goes for up to 200 pips profits

4. Regarding the strategy it seems to be statistical, it bets on reversals and it is right more than half the time. So it's ok if your own technical analysis disagrees with the trades.

I'm using it in my live forex.com account since a couple of weeks ago and it is behaving as expected so far with a couple of wins and a loser.

My recommendation is to add it to our portfolios and complement it with other EAs to increase trading frequency. This is not a holy grail, but I believe it can survive various market conditions and be sustainable in the long term.

My 2 cents on this EA plus a 4 year backtest link here... http://[email protected]/file/172537179/e3213bed/Godfather_EA_Back_Testing.html

1. Backtest results seem realistic. 55% wins with a 1.3 risk reward. This actually creates a smooth equity curve

How do we calculate risk to reward ratio from the backtest results, please?

dont call it profit, call it winning versus loosing, who will win at the end? the losses or the winners? we dont know, if you call that profit, move that capital to your bank, that's profit. until now he has winners, maybe lucky, maybe not, let's find that in the next month.

let's face the truth, do you think an ea can survive the forex jungle for very long time? my answer: not. auto-traders must know the strategy of the ea and must adpat it for new markets conditions, can this ea do this? not.

I got 1 FREE advice for you.

Dont trade forex.. :)

Godfather v2_ModA: I have been testing GF & modifying with a few extra features.

ModA includes following:

- VROC is now included in code, no separate indicator is needed.

- Breakeven Stop

- Trailing Stop

- "Semi-support/resist stop" (Optional, in testing, seems to help if check long term hi - low breached with a minimum take profit level.

The attached is my ea mod & optimised set file for interest. I have NOT started trading yet so do your own review & testing! Let me know if you find any errors.

http://[email protected]/167546

Hope it helps...Cheers D.

Godfather v2_ModA: I have been testing GF & modifying with a few extra features.

ModA includes following:

- VROC is now included in code, no separate indicator is needed.

- Breakeven Stop

- Trailing Stop

- "Semi-support/resist stop" (Optional, in testing, seems to help if check long term hi - low breached with a minimum take profit level.

The attached is my ea mod & optimised set file for interest. I have NOT started trading yet so do your own review & testing! Let me know if you find any errors.

http://[email protected]/167546

Hope it helps...Cheers D.

I backtested the EA from 2007 to the present as default.

It seems to be better than the original.

lower drawdown and higher profit :)

thanks for sharing ;))

Although I'm computer illiterate when it comes to back testing ea's and getting 90% quality, the back test I did do was quite good. Much better than the original. Thanks to the person who posted the mod. Could this be a ea that works? It seems to tick quite a few boxes.

well lets hope so, the only concern in my mind is that obviously you have to optimise the variables to get good performance which means there is a risk of curve fitting & failure in the future. The only thing you can do is optimise over as much data as possible & then test out of sample data.

Hi,

Has anyone had this work with gomarkets. I have run first the original and then the mod but I don't get trades.

Oh and I remember when I was messing with backtest this ea did sometimes have a run of losers. But overall it was profitable.

thanks

Hi,

Has anyone had this work with gomarkets. I have run first the original and then the mod but I don't get trades.

Oh and I remember when I was messing with backtest this ea did sometimes have a run of losers. But overall it was profitable.

thanks

you need version 2. gomarkets needs ECN compatable EAs.

you need version 2. gomarkets needs ECN compatable EAs.

Hi,

I started with version 2 then switched to the educated ea from this forum. From your comment I understand that you are getting trades of late on gomarkets?

well lets hope so, the only concern in my mind is that obviously you have to optimise the variables to get good performance which means there is a risk of curve fitting & failure in the future. The only thing you can do is optimise over as much data as possible & then test out of sample data.

I concur with Ansatsu_ that's it has very basic logic & the original settings are very optimised to recent data. If you are going to use it, as above I can only suggest optimising over a lot of data to get a more robust set & remember it's a long term trend type system which must be run at low risk (ie 1% risk) and you will get a number of losers in a row at time. At least if its wrong & the risk is low you don't lose too much!

ps....if anyone knows a better trending type Expert, let us know!