What do you think about EA KAIN?

cowboy

Re: [REQ] What do you think about EA KAIN?

there is a good indicator for your spread controlling (in particular good for checking demo and live account spreads): spread_recorder - available here

h**p://rapid*share.com/files/359240163/Spread_Recorder.mq4

you have to add a sub folder "Spread_Recorder" in your MT4>experts>files folder. Here spread log files are created and collected.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have 1.04? it would be interesting to see the changes.

copycat, good catch on the bugs.

i have commented out each strategy in turn in the code, ran backtests, and have confirmed your observations about strategy 2 not trading and strategy 2 only taking sells for version 1.03.

I testet each pair from Kain 1.03 and Primeval monster.Eval laughs at all. :D

Yesterday alone I had 17 trades with scalpmode at my ECN Broker.

even Nightfox EUR / GBP makes in 2 months $ 240 with 0.10Lot (JAN-Feb) and Kain 82$ :huh:

I see no basis for Kain on my money.

fxknight - is this new version 1.04? Is there no auto GMT setting so I can test over long period.

i don't think it is the latest version, i attached it to my mt4 platform and it is exactly the same version as one

published in this previous post

http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?p=78545#p78545

:-/

fxknight - is this new version 1.04? Is there no auto GMT setting so I can test over long period.

No, this is probably version v1.01 or earlier. Because since v1.02, the main strategy s0 uses donchian channels as indicators, and s1 and s2 strategies (rippsed from MDPro which are posted in fxknight's dll free editions are disabled by default. You need to turn on aggressive in order to use them.

I think EA Kain has the best long term profitability prospect. I don''t think Primeval can show that. If it made some $ more now but fails later, what is the point.

On EUR/USD EA Kain is unbeatable.

Kris

wich EA Kain version you mean for EUR/USD ?

The problem with this ea is that it trades right during rollover period and thats when spreads get widened and it becomes impossible for this ea to perform, so all this ea is, is a great back and forward test tool which will fails on a real broker with real money, or at least won't perform as well...

this is not true, I have traded ea kain live with real money for weeks now, havent seen a loss trade yet. I use fixed spread broker no widening.

Hi to all

I tried this EA in live and demo.

This EA does not behave the same on each broker so be careful.

I live test EAKAIN PRO 2010 on aggressive SIGTrader true and is giving good results

I test with a mix of live EAKAIN PRO 2010 and EAKAIN PRO 2010 v1.03 on ATC Here too the gains outweigh the loss.

I test demo FXCM and is giving good results while testing GOTRADER is giving suggestions disastrous.

Ciao Max

Hi to all

I tried this EA in live and demo.

This EA does not behave the same on each broker so be careful.

I live test EAKAIN PRO 2010 on aggressive SIGTrader true and is giving good results

I test with a mix of live EAKAIN PRO 2010 and EAKAIN PRO 2010 v1.03 on ATC Here too the gains outweigh the loss.

I test demo FXCM and is giving good results while testing GOTRADER is giving suggestions disastrous.

Ciao Max

have you correctly set the offset time?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

The timer sometimes detects false gmt, so be careful about that, i prefer to set it manually since you can't rely on auto detection.

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

I tested successfully EA KAIN 1.03 on FXDD. Also, running it on live account without a problem. EUR/USD and USD/CAD are the only worth trying. Other pairs seem to erratic on FXDD at least.

Regarding Spreads, yes, it can be a problem during rollover hours that spreads are wider. But FXDD is fixed and I have no issues.

I used to use Interbank FX, and the spreads were widened in a rather crazy fashion.

If you stop and think for a moment, what are we looking for in an EA? Profitability, reliability, and consistency. I thin EA Kain does that. Or can someone point me to another EA that can backtest from 1999 or 2003 or pick any year for that matter and show consistency as this EA does. I sound like I am selling this EA, but for the first time I feel an EA actually is producing results and not falling of the cliff.

Just my opinion. Other can continue to look for even more profitable EA's ;)

thank you to bbrain for his megadroid pro modification, who created the EA for other's to optimise and rip off.

we miss him greatly. :((

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

U mean EA Kain originally created by bbrain from this forum?

Wow...great job... :-bd

Where is bbrain now???

Are him selling this EA Kain?

i hope it is.

I tested successfully EA KAIN 1.03 on FXDD. Also, running it on live account without a problem. EUR/USD and USD/CAD are the only worth trying. Other pairs seem to erratic on FXDD at least.

Regarding Spreads, yes, it can be a problem during rollover hours that spreads are wider. But FXDD is fixed and I have no issues.

I used to use Interbank FX, and the spreads were widened in a rather crazy fashion.

If you stop and think for a moment, what are we looking for in an EA? Profitability, reliability, and consistency. I thin EA Kain does that. Or can someone point me to another EA that can backtest from 1999 or 2003 or pick any year for that matter and show consistency as this EA does. I sound like I am selling this EA, but for the first time I feel an EA actually is producing results and not falling of the cliff.

Just my opinion. Other can continue to look for even more profitable EA's ;)

I use ea kain 1.01 live with fastfxtrader (fxdd company) since two weeks and i have too great results with pairs EURUSD, USDCHF, and USDJPY (i trade with these pairs only)

This EA is more profitable with fixed spreads.

This night, i had 6 trades (3 EURUSD, 2 USDCHF and 1 USDJPY) all winners.

Different than forexpeacearmy.com :-/

I have fxopen and fxpro and results are not the same :huh: EURGBP and GBPCHF are the worst pairs

i think i will remove them.

Perhaps i will switch to another broker with fixed spreads like FIGFX (for example)

I keep FXDD at this time :)