Quik Trailing

Re: Quik Trailing

Hi,

Anybody know how to use buy or sell script with this Quik trailing?

When i drag buy/sell script to my chart to open an order, that order will only follow my buy/sell script it won't follow quik trailing.

How to use buy/sell script with quik work after the trade open? :-/

Hi, Elma,

Magic Number

Quik_Trailing works with trades using magic number = 0. (Manual Trades)

This means you can have multiples Trades opened on the same and/or different pairs, set-up the parameters different for the

different charts, and place trades with different stops and TP's depending on which chart/TF/pair you have a signal and that

the EA's WON'T interfere with each other or others EA's.

From this I conclude that you need to align Magic Numbers in both your script and Quick Trailing.

So to take any unique number and type it in both settings of Quick Trailing (if such extern param exists) and to hard code this Magic Number in your script, with which you open trades.

By default manually opened trades (I mean when you push the button on orders tab in MT4) goes with 0 "zero" Magic Number. So Quick Trailing only looks after such manually opened trades as it has 0 "zero" Magic Number as was explained in its description (quoted).

When you open your trade with script, providing script opens trades with assigning them own Magic Number which is different from 0 "zero", there is misalignment between Magic Numbers. So you need to align that and you'll be ok. :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Quik Trailing

From this I conclude that you need to align Magic Numbers in both your script and Quick Trailing.

So to take any unique number and type it in both settings of Quick Trailing (if such extern param exists) and to hard code this Magic Number in your script, with which you open trades.

By default manually opened trades (I mean when you push the button on orders tab in MT4) goes with 0 "zero" Magic Number. So Quick Trailing only looks after such manually opened trades as it has 0 "zero" Magic Number as was explained in its description (quoted).

When you open your trade with script, providing script opens trades with assigning them own Magic Number which is different from 0 "zero", there is misalignment between Magic Numbers. So you need to align that and you'll be ok. :)

Hi...

I have try to use a buy and sell script with magic no. set to 0 but seem it still not working :-/

I try to set my script SL & TP with differnece value...the result seem it only follow script setting it won't follow quik setting anymore...

Anyone know how to make quik work with drag and drop script when buy/sell?

I really need a script so then won't have long pending time when open trade...

Hmm...or some one have script with SL, TP & Trailing / Breakeven function...what i need is just that... [-O<

~Money often costs too much~

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@ Quiksilver

Nice EA just a question

I set just the SL to hopefully step 10pips ie 10pips in profit moves SL 10 pips What keeps happening for me is after the first step every pip price moves the SL moves 10pips tighter and this is happening even if the price is moving against me.

Is this how the EA should be acting or have I set something wrong?

Yes, I think you are correct, I have the same issue, my trades keep closing when they should not be

@ Quiksilver

Nice EA just a question

I set just the SL to hopefully step 10pips ie 10pips in profit moves SL 10 pips What keeps happening for me is after the first step every pip price moves the SL moves 10pips tighter and this is happening even if the price is moving against me.

• 1 month later...

Are you still having this issue, I think I am having the same issue

@ Quiksilver

Nice EA just a question

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I shared my version of this indi here:

http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7452

http://i46.tinypic.com/raxqbq.jpg

Thanks Elma. I'm referring to the above indicator.

Dear konorti, pls the link to your indicator is no more valid. Can you pls repost it or if anybody still have it to pls share.

Thank you and merry Xmas to everyone.

Edited by austine65
add more content

• 4 weeks later...
It is a problem with trailing stop. I set Trailing stept to 1 pip and olsta start trailing @ 1 pip profit. Every time the price goes in your direction the sl fallow the profit pips by pips BUT if price reverse than SL comes to marker price. So the sl avvance olso for profit and for loss.

• 2 months later...