The Freshmaker's Pippin Machine

So, I've tried tons of strategies . . ., my indicators in MT4 probably have cloesd to 1GB worth of file =)) =)) =))

You know what, I've gone back to basic. No nonsense, simple indicators that you have in MT4.

This works well with GBP in the 15 minutes time frame

What you need:

EMA 32

Stochastic 7.3.3

Heiken Ashi

Plus your favorite Pivot/Support Resistance indicator

Rules are simple:

#1 If market is moving above EMA 32, you look for a buy. Market moving below 32, you look for a sell.

#2 Once you identified if you are looking for a buy or a sell, you check your stochatic. If it cross for a sell, and market moving below 32, you sell and vice versa.

#3 With EMA 32 and stochastic confirming, you wait for the candle to end and the corresponding Heiken Ashi give you the signal. In another word, market is moving above EMA 32, stochastic is already at oversold and have crossed up plus the Heiken Ashi became white, that is your sign to buy.

#4 Target liquid, that's where your pivot/support resistance indicator comes in. I usually go for the next level. Your risk mgt, that is up to you.

Here's a pic:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7515/simplicityq.gif

Just another pippin master :):)

Re: The Freshmaker's Pippin Machine

@mentos

hi buddy! nice work!

i wanna give u a little input (pls cmmiw) - you should check 'secret simple moving average' given on MT4 MA-based EA and applied it on this method. it works well for me. simpe moving average is just awesome \m/

owh yeah, i also use no stochastic - i use just a bit candlestick knowledge. 8-)

Do you have a link to the indicator?

Hi dr0o69 and Mentos,

Do you have any special techniques to avoid choppy or ranging periods when the most losses happen?

Depending on your setting of the HA it can be the equivalent to a 3MA. So this strategy would be like trading the cross of 3MA and 32MA. I know the standard things like trading market opening hours or overlaps helps when there tends to be more volatility and less consolidation. But have you found anything really good that helps avoid the losses during choppy times?

Hi dr0o69 and Mentos,

Do you have any special techniques to avoid choppy or ranging periods when the most losses happen?

Depending on your setting of the HA it can be the equivalent to a 3MA. So this strategy would be like trading the cross of 3MA and 32MA. I know the standard things like trading market opening hours or overlaps helps when there tends to be more volatility and less consolidation. But have you found anything really good that helps avoid the losses during choppy times?

Like bro dr0o69, I also use price action and s/r. From my experience using this strategy in GBP during european and american hours, you can grab 15 to 20 pips. I also check the 4 hours chart to make sure I don't stay too long if I'm going against it or it's already in the overbougt or oversold area, or I'll let it ride if i'm going with the 4 hours.