• 1 Year - 2 Year
    • 2 Year - 4 Year
    • more than 4 Year

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: How Long You've Been in Business?

been on demo since last year, but just few months on live. Lost quite a lot (i dont want to discourage ppl) :P, but started on a mini account again with smaller money, and keep trading live until now.

The problem with trading demo is you just don't care about how much you loose, so although you're winning is still different on live account.

2 years part time. Still trying to figure everything out. Why is doing this so hard? I mean it looks real simple it should be simple.... perhaps I over complicate things? Perhaps the problem is that the markets arn't static and I need to change strategys as the markets change.

cheers

I have been around for just over a year, and just started a live account. I have found the my interest in forex trading waxes and wanes like an oscillator. Recently I've been really pushing myself to plan trades better on the demo and only trade live when I have a high level of correlation between currencies. This site has been very helpful in helping me begin to understand trader psyc and as an intro to how EAs work.

when i first started in dec 2007 i didnt know anything about forex i got a broker named forexwebtrader deposited $50 and traded just acc to market movement with 0.05 lots and 100 pips stop i made my account 125 then the first friday came and all wiped out.... this is first and 2 nd in this october recession since then 2 live account of 100 $i lost

I guess you ware lucky at first and then he smashed you... actually that happens to me with all my strategies, first all looks so good, I make money, and then >:) turn around :((

I feel little melodramatic today ;) .. thank you Zeeshanfkhan for replay

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...

6+ months...learning everyday. Trading FT now and loving it.

Working over 16 hours per day, reading forums, testing new strategies etc.

It's a tough business, but I am getting the hang of it. :)

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

6+ months...learning everyday. Trading FT now and loving it.

Working over 16 hours per day, reading forums, testing new strategies etc.

It's a tough business, but I am getting the hang of it. :)

:-bd very good attitude .. just keep it that way \m/

Good Luck San4x

Barbara

More than 4 years for me.

first 2 years took me to overcome my fear to trade with real money I even had times when I was feared to have a losing trade with demo trading. Then by reading a lot books forums etc I gained more confidence and have been trading with real money for 2 years now. these 2 years have been a jumpy road but I have managed to avoid margin call and even make some moeny I can spend on my hobbys but not engouht to live from it.

And that made me wonder if the question here ir written how long you´ve been in this business can we reprased it a bit and ask aslo do you make money with it.