OSMA indicator

HI,

i have seen many post on investasi and all are almost {REQ} post for ea and system so i thought i would share mine.

After testing so many systems i am tired. at last i got a system which i think is very good.'

If you all want you can improve the system and give advise.

The system uses only 1 indicator. Osma. Actually it is traditional macd or normal macd for all platforms except for MT4 whose macd is different from all macd available on other platforms. so i use OSMA.

Settings: fast ema 5 slow ema 13 signal 2

time frame: Any timeframe but must be 2. eg: d1/h4 , h4/h1 , h1/m15 , m15/m5 etc...

I am taking example of h1 and m15. m15 is trigger tf and h1 is setup tf. (tf=timeframe)

wait for osma to go above 0 on h1 when this happens wait for candle close. then move to m15 then wait for osma on m15 to go below 0 and then come back up when this happens wait for candle close and then enter 1 pip above the high of the candle on which the osma went above 0.

S/L: this is the most dificult part but i normally place the stop on the low of last candle of h1.

T/P: the target is equal to the stoploss is $you can move s/l to break even and then close the trade when osma goes below 0 because sometimes there is very large move after the enrty.

hope you all can understand.

Note: donot enter on very large candle or bars and use proper MM.

Any suggestions are welcome..

:)>-

There is no delight in owning anything unshared

Re: My simeple system using 1 indicator

I prefer d1/h4 and also h1/m15.

i am trying this since 1 month and i think it has a 70-80% winning ratio.

is a nice configuration to trade the pullback.

which pairs you trade?

you have some osma indicator that alert you, if cross the zeroline?

cheers

I know i like to trade the pullback bcoz it gives me an extra confirmation.

i normally trade the eurjpy and gfbpjpy bcoz of the high volatility!!

i actually like to use the colored macd indicator with settings 5 , 13 , 1.

U can google and find the indicator.

No i dont have any alert for zero cross i hope someone can make one.

If you have any advice for stoploss or targets please let me know!!

Okay here is the indicator.

but this is the indicator i have taken from LMT system.

It does the work. its same as osma 5 , 13 , 2.

please tell me if there is any suggestion to improve the system.

guess I am a little confused.. You have mentioned 3 or 4 different indis now.. Which is the one you are using for your system???

Here is the inid I am using on my Renko system..

It already has alerts etc...

No need for confusion if its mt4 platform i use osma and if fxcm or other platforms i use macd.

so for mt4 i only use OSMA 5/13/2...

the indicator which i gave is just a visual referrence when osma is above 0 the color is green and when osma is blow 0 the color is red. thats it.

Sometimes the simple methods provide the best longevity! I have lost count of all the mega-spectacular EAs that will make us millionaires in 30 days. I gave up on EAs a long time ago and am slowly piecing together strategies to find a way of trading that suits me and is profitable.

I will certainly give this a look. Thanks for posting!

I have one question for ZesHafnkhan; why you used H1/m15 not H1/m30 ? Please let me know ?

In your expirienced with this Trading System, which pairs gave you bigger profit ?

Hi,

i used h1/m15 bcoz i have read that whenever we use 2 timeframes it should be a multiple of atleast 3 or 4 so i think h1/m15 is better than m30.

i like to use it on EJ bcoz its volatility is high and its movement is similar to GJ but with small spread.

• 6 months later...

Re: OSMA indicator

i use this system and i found on forexstrategysecret dot com . it s called jump start and use 2 ma and osma indicator. as you said it has winning rate of 80 % but they prefer to use on 15 min TF for 5 -10 pips per trade.

I try to find the way to do more pips with this system that works great . may be your setup will be the answer :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i use this system and i found on forexstrategysecret dot com . it s called jump start and use 2 ma and osma indicator. as you said it has winning rate of 80 % but they prefer to use on 15 min TF for 5 -10 pips per trade.

I try to find the way to do more pips with this system that works great . may be your setup will be the answer :)

Can you please post what you found?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...