How much of TRADING is really about the indicators?...

jacquesnz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: How much of TRADING is really about the indicators?...

Good topic,

It would depend on ones trading style, for myself I use two indicators for signals and PA for conformation. I don't think there is a right or wrong way it is what ever you are successful with and comfortable with.

Some people only use leading indicators because they feel lagging indicators "repaint" when in essence they are actually following price action to a degree, that is if they are not an averaging indicator.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

at the first day i trade,i dont much believe to indicator,for me indicator is not a formula but its only a trend line to show line history,the most important is your confident to enter a trade with a confident proportionate margin.The exist entry is also important to make,just bare in mind you will not going to loose if you exit early,there will be a repeated pattern always

i believe that there are two school to this question... mainly the key issue being the number of products that the trader trades in.. i.e it's difficult to monitor price action on more than 5 products @ same time.. However, its easier to follow graphically via indicators on multiple products..

• 4 months later...

Like Van Tharp said, trading is about exit, you don't make money enter trade, in fact you lose on the spread, you make money on a correct exit.

RR in FF suggests that if you cant make money from coin toss entry, you can make money on what ever strategy.

Indo-Investasi Rocks