The Unfettered Mind

The Unfettered Mind

Writings of the Zen Master to the Sword Master

Takuan Soho (1573 - 1645)

All traders should have an unfettered mind. One way to achieve this is through Fudochishinmyoroku, Taiaki and Reiroshu.

The following quote, from the introduction of the above book, tries to explain what they are.

As a whole all three are addressed to the samurai class, and all three seek to unify the

spirit of Zen with the spirit of the sword. Individually and broadly speaking, one could

say that Fudochishinmyoroku deals not only with technique, but with how the self is related

to the Self during confrontation and how an individual may become a unified whole.

Taiaki, on the other hand, deals more with the psychological aspects of the relationship

between the self and the other. Between these, Reiroshu, “The Clear Sound of Jewels,”

deals with the fundamental nature of the human being, with how a swordsman, daimyo –

or any person, for that matter – can know the difference between what is right and what is

mere selfishness, and can understand the basic question of knowing when and how to die.

All three essays turn the individual knowledge of himself, and hence to the art of life.

hxxp://www.4shared.com/file/118158123/502ed79f/tum.html

Password:

Manganate_

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

Re: The Unfettered Mind

bro manganate,

it looks like the pdf is error.

download complete, but cant open it. it said that :

D:\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\tum.zip: Unknown method in unfettered_mind.pdf

!D:\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\tum.zip: No files to extract

thanks.....

nb: baffia,if u try to reach post count, dont do like this...

shut up your mouth!!!

ok, bro......

Re: The Unfettered Mind

bro, i can download it successfull, but when i extract it, didnt need a password, but it said that

D:\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\tum.zip: Unknown method in unfettered_mind.pdf

!D:\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\tum.zip: No files to extract

oh ya, it said that the CRC32 =00000000

I use adobe 8

thanks