Megadroid Pro (links first post)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaet1989

Re: Megadroid Pro

Hi meridian, sorry can't help with that then.

I have been playing with a few settings, ended up with gbpchf and eurgbp 19-23 aggresive true recovery false.

I think the trick is to backtest 3 months and look how current conditions are with each and then we can have confidence of what is performing and what isn't.

I like USDCAD log3, USDJPY log1, GBPUSD log4, and EURCHF log1. And of course EURGBP and GBPCHF log1 and 4 respectively.

Tend to leave EURUSD USDCHF and EURJPY out for the moment.

James

Nope, looked all over forum, cannot find an educated MegaDroid V1.11 anywhere.

If Pro was able to be educated, surely someone has the plain old MD?

Can anybody help please? Pretty please? :)

M

Hi Meridian,

Educated version of Megadroid V1.11 by bbrain is at the following link:

http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2406&hilit=v1+11a&start=660

Hope this will help you.

Today my AUDCAD hit stop loss twice (both S1 and S2 strategy). One is 38.9 pips loss, and one is 43.6 pips loss.

USDJPY is the best performer today with two trades. One profit is 7.4 pips, and another profit is 50.2 pips. The second trade is soooooo lucky. I never saw one MD trade can make as much as it lose before.

All other trades are very small profits or losses.

Overall a breakeven night.

Does anybody know why USD is sooooo volatile during asian session yesterday and today? Because of G20 meeting?

Does anybody know why USD is sooooo volatile during asian session yesterday and today? Because of G20 meeting?

yes, and less liquidity in the market cause japan is shut.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Much better trading this last session. I have turned aggressive off now... so Megadroid Pro should be running as safely as possible.

Probably less trades from now on, but less chances of losing now, and it's the compunded losses that really ruin this EA.

Also looking at the smoother backtest curves from all the pairs I am using, I feel better trading like this now.

Good morning /all,

another nice trading session for me on my Alpari UK classic account, 7% up this night ... I cannot confirm any problems at all written here :)

Just looking forward to this Wednesday trading session, will turn off machines on Thursday because it is the beginning of "end of month" ... better to be safe there.

But I agree, lacking volatility due to markets close in Tokyo makes it hard for EURCHF for example to move in any direction at all ... feeling like 50/50 to get this one straight.

me too hit with huge audusd 43 ppi loss and gbpusd 33 loss wipes out yesterday's (monday) profit, last weeks profit (my first week live)...so in fact since going live (after much forward testing as many if you know).....a loss....which after all the time and effort is a bit gut wrenching

MDP has a lot of SL these days!

I'm using LiteForex, it has all fixed spreads... so my MDP has more trades than others... and my GBPUSD hit stoploss AGAIN while in recovery mode, it is the 2nd time hitting SL while still recovering... looks like it will take forever to recover... :(

MDP has a lot of SL these days!

I'm using LiteForex, it has all fixed spreads... so my MDP has more trades than others... and my GBPUSD hit stoploss AGAIN while in recovery mode, it is the 2nd time hitting SL while still recovering... looks like it will take forever to recover... :(

This is not MD Pro, it is MD on unrecommended pairs; please give details not just negative comments beacause account is down.

Normal MD is up very well this month, few trades but it is results that matter.

I think it is all because of this JPY Bank Holiday ... market has lost the balance.. and today is the last day so don't turn on MD PRO one more day, and then all should be normal ;)

Good Luck

Barbara

Wish that everything will back to normal. :)

Even though it just brought me a relatively small DD to my live account, but these results were really discouraging..:(

Good morning all,

I just want to thank you guys for really doing a great job here. I have a 20% gain night behind me and just wanted to share my actual portfolio settings because I have been asked a lot recently...

Here we go :

Dealer : Alpari UK Classic Account (Lots 0.1+)

Forex Shocker:

TimeFrame : M15

Pairs : EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, EURCHF, USDCAD

Agressive true, Superagressive true

Lots 0.3

21h-24h GMT+2

Genius v101:

Timeframe : M15

Pairs : EURCHF, USDCAD

Lots 0.5

TryTakeProfit yes

SafeSpread 7

rest of the settings default

OpenHour1+2 : 21h-24h GMT+2

MegaDroid XE 1.2 (my very favourite one, has boosted my account like nuts in the last 2 weeks :)

Timeframe : H1

Pairs (Logic) : EURCHF (2), USDCAD (4), USDCHF (4), EURUSD (1), GBPUSD (4), USDJPY (4)

AutoGMTOffsets off, manual +2 for Alpari UK

Agressive TRUE (I'm not a p*ssy :)

Recovery TRUE (see line above)

Use Break even TRUE, SetBreakEvenAt 6, BreakEvenShift 2.5 (but experimenting on this, has twice saved me yet)

StartHour S1 : 19-23 (because of Alpari +2 so this equals 21h-01h local german time)

StartHour S2 : 20-23

no other settings changed from standard

FAP Turbo v4.4 / v4.7 / v4.8 : trading NO MORE with this one

In my eyes it did not make enough trades recently, and as I am already running 3 EA's I did not want to risk too much in case of a SL. Using the free margin from FAP on MegaDroid instead, which gains me a LOT more ...

Critics and Kudos welcome :)

Happy trading !

Hi,

Would you mind sharing a stat page? I would love to look at the trades these ea are taking.

Thanks