Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Re: Megadroid Pro

here are my backtest results for the four main pairs and usdjpy comparing MD Multi and MDPro results over GMT1 & GMT2. all tests are from the same data at 90% quality tested using Alpari UK at spread of 1.8 for EURUSD & 3 for EURGBP & EURCHF and 3.8 for USDJPY. USDCHF I think was 4.

http://depositfiles.com/files/qyot52tmw

I have completed my old backtests using fixed lots so these are done using risk of 0.1 and aggressive and recovery on which is the way I trade them live.

Hope they help and I would appreciate any feedback on alternatives to the setups I have chosen.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaet1989

I am waiting for the one losing night, trading correlated pairs isn't clever, 12345 drawdowns instead of 1.

Just consider this if you're live.

Hi guys,

Now we have the code to look at, I'm not good at MQL4 yet... can someone help me to understand the entry and exit logic/strategy behind this droid? I'm trying to optimize it for other time as well, instead of just the default very short working hours.

hi, forexample , you did great job!

After I read your tables, I have a question. For example EURUSD GM+1 out performed GMT+2, but what if we compare GMT+1 with half year GMT+1(winter time) plus half year GMT+2(summber time)?

For USDJPY Logic 4, what GMT setting we should use? There is huge difference!

Thanks.

Rio, I checked rigorously for USDJPY, EURUSD and EURCHF. The only time periods that are profitable over the past 12 or more months are the default ones.

Although, I've just re-read what you said, and I agree, if we could have the default + the 18-19 that could be good. ie: (18 to 24, except no trading from 19 to 23)

2 ways to do this:

Setup 1 more droid on a new USDJPY chart.

1) use bbrain's version, and set the start and stop hours manually

2) or... set the GMT offset to -5 from the default... eg: if the broker GMT is +2, then set the GMT manually to -3...

Then you can have 1 working at 18, 19, and another at 23, 24.

MDP has all winners last night :-bd , with 1 position still hanging -3 pips now... [-O<

I think the droid is trying hard to close it at break even...

\m/ Droid did it!... closed at break even...

This is 1 of the longest md trade I have seen. Open to close: 8 hours and 17 minutes!

It is a strategy 2 trade. Why sometimes droid closed it for a loss early, and sometimes droid waited this long, to get a break even?

I'm still hoping someone can briefly tell me what's droid's S1 and S2 entry and exit strategy. ^:)^

On the EURGBP right? Just closed at over break even. Not a loss, but not a huge profit either. A win is still a win however.

Strangely enough, the majority of Megadroid Pro's successful trades this week actually came from the unsupported GBPUSD pair! My live account is up in profit this week. 8-)

I've also noticed that the AUDUSD works best on logic 2, but logic 1 works OK as well. I just have one concern about that pair. In 10-year backtesting on both logics it worked well until about half-way in it starts slowly losing money over a long period... :-? I would feel a little uncomfortable running that pair, even on an Aussie broker where the spreads are low.

If bbrain could actually add a #5 "custom logic" to the EA so we could input our own values to the logic and optimize them, things could get rather interesting! how about it? [-O<

Yes EURGBP. You said over break even, you got 1 pip? What broker?

I'm using LiteForex with fixed spread 3.

Same here, GBPUSD no. 1, USDCAD (also unsupported pair) is no. 2... Droid is so potential to be tuned and optimized to work on most pairs that have low spreads.

It's not hard to add custom logic now with bbrain's version... you can possible have logic 1 to 10 for each pair, and maybe each working hours set.

It will require a lot of time to back test (then forward test) to figure out the best value for each pair, currently I only know a few variables, and not the rest... not enough for me to optimize it yet.

I have a question with regards to the logic setting in Magadroid pro.

Why are there 4 logic settings?

What are the difference between each logic setting? Is it the spread with the different currency pairs or the strategy used?

I am asking this because I do not know what are the criteria for selecting which logic on which currency pairs especially for those pairs that are not listed in the original intended pairs by megadriod pro. :-/

The 4 logics refer to the four officially supported currency pairs that Megadroid pro was designed to use. Thing is, when the code was broken, we could run different logics on unsupported pairs. through backtesting, we've found the best logic sets to use on the unsupported pairs. Some of them are extremely profitable regardless of the fact that they are unsupported (like the GBPUSD using logic 4 - the USDCHF pair's logic, for example).

Personally I would like to see an extra logic added to the EA so one could input and optimize the values for unsupported pairs. The values for the supported 4 pairs are all hardwired into the EA.

hi, forexample , you did great job!

After I read your tables, I have a question. For example EURUSD GM+1 out performed GMT+2, but what if we compare GMT+1 with half year GMT+1(winter time) plus half year GMT+2(summber time)?

For USDJPY Logic 4, what GMT setting we should use? There is huge difference!

Thanks.

Thanks mike,

For your first question...this has been done before (somewhere in the other thread) and GMT+1 still performed better. On this pair I compromise and I trade half risk on GMT+1 and half on GMT+2. This means that for any trades that overlap on the hour inbetween (which doesn't always happen anyway) I'm trading with the risk I'm comfortable with. When Alpari UK goes back to GMT+1 I will just trade this window. I will trade EURUSD at twice the risk of the other pairs simply because the spread is better.

For USDJPY I don't feel comfortable using logic 4 as the difference is too big so I use MD Multi from the other thread.

I will now move on to other pairs and will repost when I finish.

Fact is though, Alpari's new spreads will kill most pairs.

Hey,

I am really trying to learn from all of you....

Great work....I always thought leaving to AUTO GMToffset detection is the safest, however, I have seen people on the thread manually changing it. I wonder what is the best GMT offset on the major paris (the 4 majors). My broker GMT+3 according to auto detection.

thanks

Yes EURGBP. You said over break even, you got 1 pip? What broker?

I'm using LiteForex with fixed spread 3.

Alpari UK. ... and yeah, I got one pip. They're a UK broker, therefore you'd expect spreads on the pound to be fairly tight regardless. Maybe it's for that reason that the GBPUSD works really well there better than the other supported pairs.... but I've noticed it trade a lot on other brokers too.

It's not hard to add custom logic now with bbrain's version... you can possible have logic 1 to 10 for each pair, and maybe each working hours set.

Not really. Sure I could manually edit the values of the variables in the code for both S1 and S2, but it would be nice to have these opened up and accesible in the EA Input dialog so we could get the Metatrader 4 strategy tester to optimize and figure out the best values per pair.

\m/ Droid did it!... closed at break even...

This is 1 of the longest md trade I have seen. Open to close: 8 hours and 17 minutes!

It is a strategy 2 trade. Why sometimes droid closed it for a loss early, and sometimes droid waited this long, to get a break even?

I'm still hoping someone can briefly tell me what's droid's S1 and S2 entry and exit strategy. ^:)^

I also had this long lasting trade. If I would trade live I'd close this trade manually hour before london opening hour (maybe trailing stop would be better idea as it could still end in profit but not risking so much) . I'd lost 5 pips but wouldn't risk it going in overlap of Asian and London session. If you've noticed MD set SL to 60 pips.

I also had this long lasting trade. If I would trade live I'd close this trade manually hour before london opening hour (maybe trailing stop would be better idea as it could still end in profit but not risking so much) . I'd lost 5 pips but wouldn't risk it going in overlap of Asian and London session. If you've noticed MD set SL to 60 pips.

The SL is not real. Megadroid keeps the stop loss internal, and simply displays a stop loss to the broker to fool them.

Could be worse though, Forex Shocker played the asian session similarly but often hit it's stop-loss, wiping out considerable profits when it did hit (and it hit it way more often than megadroid, as it has a worse exit strategy)

As for creating a custom logic input setting for optimization... I am looking into it myself. It seems easy to add into the EA.

Will take forever to optimize a new pair however. Each of the two trade logics have over 10 different settings a piece.

Rio,

Can we make something like this... come out with a standard way that everyone can follow to test and optimize for a new pair.

And then you don't have to test all the pairs, there are so many people here, we all can help test it, this will definitely speed up the process of finding the ideal settings for other pairs.

And although the SL is not real, I have had MegaDroid hitting SL that was 90 pips. (Scalp 10 pips but hit a 90 pips stoploss X-( )

This is why I'm so concerned and wanted to know what's the S1 and S2 entry and exit strategy, in case things go wrong, eg. like what unikin mentioned, closed the trade for a 5 pips lost is much better than risking and hoping it closed at break even or 1 pip profit.

This weeks live trade FXDD

date pair pips lots profit

4-Aug eurusd 15 0.6 90

4-Aug usdchf 0 0.3 0

4-Aug usdcad 1 0.4 3.75

4-Aug eurchf 0 0.2 0 16 pips day

5-Aug usdchf 6 0.1 6.6

5-Aug usdcad 1 0.4 3.73

5-Aug eurchf 1 0.1 0.95

5-Aug usdcad 10 0.4 37.33 18 pips Day

6-Aug eurusd 6 0.6 36

6-Aug eurgbp 2 0.3 10.2

6-Aug eurchf 4 0.3 11.3

6-Aug usdcad 3 0.4 11.22

6-Aug eufchf 2 0.3 5.65 17 pips day

7-Aug usdcad 10 0.5 46.39

7-Aug eurchf 10 0.5 46.94

7-Aug eurusd 3 0.5 15

7-Aug eurchf 1 0.5 4.69

7-Aug eurgbp -2 0.5 -16.79 maual close 22 pips day

THis weeks Demo trades. Yesterday added chfjpy and audusd both logic 1

date pair pips lots profit

4-Aug gbpusd 3 0.14 4.2

4-Aug gbpusd 1 0.14 1.5 4 pips day

5-Aug gbpusd 1 0.14 1.5 1 pip day

6-Aug eurjpy 7 0.12 8.86

6-Aug gbpusd 1 0.1 1

6-Aug usdjpy 1 0.24 2.53 9 pip day

7-Aug gbpusd 11 0.5 55

7-Aug usdjpy 6 0.5 31.43

7-Aug chfjpy 1 0.5 5.23

7-Aug chfjpy 1 0.5 5.24

7-Aug eurjpy 1 0.5 5.24

7-Aug audusd 15 0.5 75

7-Aug usdjpy 9 0.5 47.17

7-Aug gbpusd 1 0.5 5 45 pip day

Note MD is trading tues, wed, thur. I would love to het some trades monday, thoughts anyone ;))

Note yesterday I set risk to 0.0 and lot size to 0.5 on all pairs to make it easier to track results and to make more money :D

regards

N