Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Re: Megadroid Pro

Ok, I am running a short test for the latest unplugged version on the basic pairs, 20% overall risk. Let's see if there will be a trade or not. I have set MaxSpread to -1 to let the spread be determined automatically since my Alpari UK demo account has Flexible spreads since 31st July. X-(

I'll post the results here in the morning.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone has had trade tonight?! :-/ :-?

actually i run MD on 6 pairs and i have no trade till now :o (22:30 GMT) always i had trades from 21 GMT... :(

what's wrong? the market is asleep or my broker filter the data?!

please share your results!

LAL: Laugh At Life

it's too short to be sad..

anyone has had trade tonight?! :-/ :-?

actually i run MD on 6 pairs and i have no trade till now :o (22:30 GMT) always i had trades from 21 GMT... :(

what's wrong? the market is asleep or my broker filter the data?!

please share your results!

hey.. if you back up about 4 pages or whatever (last friday) you will see where I and a few others post our stat pages.. I dont know about anybody else but thats why I post the stat pages is so people can compare trades.. I mean really I alreay know the trades MD11 and MdPro took today I dont have to post them.. But if the pages are of no use to anyone then well.... whatever..

Oh.. I guess for a simple question to you is whats your current spread.. Havnt you noticed that many brokers are now going variable spread, I wonder why... OH and another silly question is have you run any backtest on your system to make sure the EA is working and setup right (check the journals)..

At 00:35 (GMT+2) my unplugged catched a USDJPY sell trade. It's still going. Spread is 4.0 (40) pips!

tnx Don for your prompt reply,

should i use unplugged version? infact i still using the last one (because i was lucky and hav not had any crashes) and i had good results so far..

do you suggest to use new unplugged version? is there any advantage for it?

tnx again dude :)>-

Hi,

All the source files are same. I think there are a bug in the MT4 224 - 225 versions, or it is not 100% compatibile.

If you rebuild the mq4 instead using the binary ex4 which shipped with Don's version, then the crash must disappear.

Br.

I made a post at the very start telling everyone to not use the ex4 from Don but to use the mq4 instead.. During all of this time I Have not had a crash yet (what is this now the 3rd week).. My laptop I'm on right now is 225.. The 2 laptops in the corner runnin are 220 and 224.. None have crashed YET.. But then I'm only runnin 1 pair right now.. After I see how bbrain Un-Plugged05 works I'm gonna add at least a couple more pairs..

HEY Guys you gotta remember this EA still DOES NOT know how to handle drawdown very well.. It can kill your account if not carefull.. I've run too many backtest on 99% data and this EA still cant cut the Mustard..

hey.. if you back up about 4 pages or whatever (last friday) you will see where I and a few others post our stat pages.. I dont know about anybody else but thats why I post the stat pages is so people can compare trades.. I mean really I alreay know the trades MD11 and MdPro took today I dont have to post them.. But if the pages are of no use to anyone then well.... whatever..

Oh.. I guess for a simple question to you is whats your current spread.. Havnt you noticed that many brokers are now going variable spread, I wonder why... OH and another silly question is have you run any backtest on your system to make sure the EA is working and setup right (check the journals)..

tnx Hacker

fortunately my broker didn't change the spreads yet (EURUSD as low as 1pips, & EURGBP 2pips ;) ) but i have not any trades tonight and this is strange for me so i wanna know anyone catches any trade wit MDPRO version or all of you using new UNPLUGGED version?

tnx again bro :)>-

I have just got the time to try it, so I can't judge it yet. However, I'm sure bbrain made a great work on it. The obvious advantage is that you don't have to mess with a separate .dll file (which made a bit of "black box" EA out of MD). Now, you can see the logics and all the functions that was hidden in the dll. BTW it should work like the original (I mean: the ee version).

Oops, in the meantime EURCHF took fire... err... a sell trade! :D It seems there will be a lot of actions tonight.

Ok, I have to sleep. Nite!

oooops

it has opened 3 trades right now :-bd on EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURCHF :)>-

You took those trades right at the top of the hour. Didnt you.. I think GMT offset wrong maybe.. It should have already take those trades.. ANd yes I would change to bbrain NoDll 05 version.. He also fixed a problem with gmt offset in that version..

Hmm, currently in eurusd usdchf eurchf and usdcad ALL SELLS not to sure what to make of that. version 1.00ee2 on FXDD Buy times 01:00 01:40 01:41 and 01:56 respectably. Hacker I believe you are on FXDD, what was you entry time on eurusd?

I will post results when these trades close. So am I to believe that the general consensus is to switch to bbrain NoDll 05 version

regards

N

hxxp://www. pipcop. com/forums/current-live-robot-reviews/204-forex-megadroid-review-12-brokerages.html

shows Megaroid entry at 1.4420 on FXDD

And exit at 1.4360.. That what I got on my stat page as well..

mpro01.mt4stats.com/

At pipcop only FXDD & ForexMeta show to be doing good.. And FxPro no trade.. MY FxPro is pretty much just like FXDD for the last month or so.. PipCop must not backtest the EA first to make sure EA is working.. Funny.. Ive noticed other wierd things about PipCop; just cant put my finger on it.. I guess its just like anything else and take it as just another piece of information..

Starting yesterday I am using bbrain MdPro_NoDll_05 on the stat page.. The previous was Don's with a few mods I made.. I still have the old runnin on another machine and so far the trades are the same as NoDll_05.. Give it a couple of more days and I will start adding more pairs..

I have two questio.

What are your general impression on the recoverymode? Is it better two turn that on when trading multiple currencies like this

Second, as I was reading the thread there was backtest on EUR/chf which produced very good results, but the file is expired now, I appreciate if someone repost that again...or let me know the settings for that.

thanks everyone

I thought LiteForex has fixed spreads... but this morning I found that that droid has a spread warning for EURUSD, 5 spreads!

And EURCHF has winners in my demo, but losers (position still open) in my live... X-(

Anyone else know any good brokers for droid? with spreads <4...

Hmm, perhaps I should ask... which brokers have their demo account performing very closely to the live account? I know there would be differences, so the target is want to have the demo as close to the live as possible. For my LiteForex example, the same trade at the same time, closed with profit on demo and closed with loss on live... (no error in expert tab, no re-quote issue, no trade context issue, etc. but just different between live and demo)

I'm running backtest on Alpari-uk.

My Live acc trades are exactly same as the backtest with GMT +2, i'm confuse because from MD creator said alpari uk backtest would be with GMT +1.

IF i'm backtest with GMT+1, all my live acc trades are totally different with the results.

I'm wondering i should change to GMT +1 or not because it's more profitable for EUR/CHF and EUR/GBP.

Any feedback? #:-S

Thanks...

Well, my EURCHF position was closed in profit. It catched a 0.00001 move. :)) Don't laugh! Profit is profit!

But my other USDCHF sell position that was opened at 00:35 (GMT+2) is STILL open! And it has -331 (-33.1) pips. And USDCHF is in a slight uptrend. Great. Never trust a pair which starts with "USD"... :)

Well, my EURCHF position was closed in profit. It catched a 0.00001 move. :)) Don't laugh! Profit is profit!

But my other USDCHF sell position that was opened at 00:35 (GMT+2) is STILL open! And it has -331 (-33.1) pips. And USDCHF is in a slight uptrend. Great. Never trust a pair which starts with "USD"... :)

Hi Don,

I got the same for EUR/CHF, it tooks about 6 hours to close the trade. i Guess you are using EUR/CHF GMT+2.