IBFX Broker Review

bielcomp

• 4 weeks later...

Re: IBFX

Terrible broker! Spreads get huge! I have literally seen the spreads go from 2 to over 30 in seconds! I wanted to open another account (when I first started there) and they denied me... I asked them why? They replied that it was against their rules... yet a month later they asked if I wanted another account?!? Their support is very immature and very unknowledgeable! You ask simple questions and they reply to you rudely or just ignore you all together! Do yourself a favor and go somewhere good like Jade or FXPro... or if you want minis go to FXDD!!!

When I closed my account... the support person actually asked me if I wanted them to send me my money!!! I couldn’t believe it!

• 3 weeks later...

Re: IBFX

People,

I have run a spread history indicator on various pairs. Most of the time the spreads are acceptable but in times of "low liquidity" EUR/USD can go from 2 pips to 12 or more in a heartbeat. I have observed the spread sit at 12 pips for more than an hour. This can be real trouble for EAs or even live trading. I am not sure what I will do going forward. I have disabled all EAs at this point in time as all were losing more than they were making.

• 4 months later...

when will ibfx open uk office?

Friends,

does anyone know when ibfx will open the uk office? whenever I ask them they say "cant give a date yet", "still in the process"

first they said march and now its march and they're saying "not yet"

does anyone have any information as to when they will be opening the uk office?

i need hedging with nano lots on MT4 and thats why I'm waiting, I'm not at all comfy with fxopen.

• 2 months later...
I have the same problem too and it looks like that this is a market niche. Brokers think that if they offer nano account they can't earn from us. But I need nano lots not because of the account balance but because of the starting lots, my system is partially martingale.
forexmacc.mt4live.com

• 3 months later...
Just confirmed with IBFX that we could transfer funds from IBFX (US) to IBFX (Australia) free of charge!

But, has anyone tried IBFX (Australia), which allows hedge and leverage as high as 400:1? Do you have the same results on IBFX (US) and IBFX (AUS)?

that would be interesting to know... also what are the spreads like?

I haven't tried an ecn broker yet (will try a few this month), but im happy with alpari uk so far. Their 'floating' spreads are great. very limited widening during asian session. On eurusd spread is1.6 pips, pretty much fixed all day, with 0.25 pip rebate thats 1.35 pips spread.

On paper mb trading looks great for scalpers. Commission costs with rebates are okay, their spread is the best by far during 21-23 gmt. Order execution, price movement? only practise will tell.

btw if you want to test with alpari uk i suggest you open a demo account with Alpari US, since they have the normal spreads and not like the alpari UK one, wich uses the spreads of their ECN account (and not even including the commission costs,, duh)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been using IBFX_us since Aug2008. later stop for quite sometimes because of the US's rules on the not allow hedging & leveraging 1:100. At Oct2010, I transferred the account to IBFX_au & i actively trade in this account until now. So far, i am satisfy with this broker.

My comment:-

1) no re-quote so far

2) no signal for very short time only

3) good operator service

4) withdrawal no problem

5) very high spread during news release.... scary???

What I see most of the brokers are having the wider spread during news.

I have the comparison spread on 4Mar2011 on IBX & FxPrimus, their huge spread are almost the same.

So, if I trade news, I will use the fixed spread platform, otherwise, i normal avoid to trade during news.

Can someone share with me the experience on other brokers that is having the lower spread compare to IBFX?

http://www.4shared.com/photo/hJrTsN2P/ibfx_after_nfp_110304.html

http://www.4shared.com/photo/0POC8yse/fxprimus_after_nfp_110304_2.html

Edited by peterngkl
typing error