Money from Forex?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Money from Forex?

It is definitely possible to make a living by trading with a focus on generating income. That being said, there are a LOT of variables that need to line up perfectly for you to be successful. You need a profitable system that fits YOUR personality, a good method of managing money, incredible discipline, a good broker, starting funds, and the list goes on and on. Each one of those items will also require time to research, find, test, and implement, i.e. it's going to take a good bit of time to get started. I'd recommend trying Forex at first as a hobby, then part time, then trading full time - that way you can slowly make the transition. If you just jump into trading, you'll no doubt be a failure at first (as pretty much all new traders are), and end up giving up. Good luck!

It is definitely possible to make a living by trading with a focus on generating income. That being said, there are a LOT of variables that need to line up perfectly for you to be successful. You need a profitable system that fits YOUR personality, a good method of managing money, incredible discipline, a good broker, starting funds, and the list goes on and on. Each one of those items will also require time to research, find, test, and implement, i.e. it's going to take a good bit of time to get started. I'd recommend trying Forex at first as a hobby, then part time, then trading full time - that way you can slowly make the transition. If you just jump into trading, you'll no doubt be a failure at first (as pretty much all new traders are), and end up giving up. Good luck!

I make consistent money in the Forex. I attest that these advises make perfect sense.

Going to take some time to make it a full time job. Needs dedication, patience, and experience.

Just stay on track, and don't look at forex trading as a get rich quick scheme, cause when you do, your deposit becomes my withdrawal (or someone elses) ;-)

Trading live helps me to learn something that you coudl never learn from trading demo.

I thought that it would be much easier....

Learning through live costs a lot.

But to minimize your loss, you can make your lots the smallest size with some brokers who offer Cent Micro accounts

Happy trading :shand:

Good discipline... which i dont have, although i promised myself...

so now i am just using EAs. and everything is traded on small risk.

So path upwards is slow too.

that's why i just installed vmware on my linux box and put winXP on it, and installed all the MT4+EAs there.

So that i dont look at it every day (on my work win box)... Less i see it, less temptation i have to "trade" :).

And better my monthly income is...

My Forex Trading Blog http://forex-trading-on.net

It's such a pain watching your account balance decreasing in front of your eyes. And fears of losing a lot of money make me get out of trade too early.

I've never felt that way by trading demo.

Luckily I haven't losen so much money yet.

Tryng to find a better way to trade which would make me feel a bit more comfortable on live trading.

It's such a pain watching your account balance decreasing in front of your eyes. And fears of losing a lot of money make me get out of trade too early.

I've never felt that way by trading demo.

Luckily I haven't losen so much money yet.

Tryng to find a better way to trade which would make me feel a bit more comfortable on live trading.

That, and the best advice I ever heard was: "only invest in forex what you can afford to lose". It's a very very bad idea to invest all your money thinking that you're going to be trading for a living. When you invest some money in forex, it helps to think of them as "money that's never gonna find their way back to me" instead of "money that's gonna bring me a fortune". Also, even if you think you've found the holy grail of forex don't make the mistake of taking a loan to invest. Just invest what you can and when you can. If you make 2000$ per month at your regular job, save 100-200$ per month for a while and only invest after several months. This will give you ample time to retest and consolidate your strategy, also to test it on a demo account. Don't rush, the market is still going to be there after a year and you're going to be a lot wiser in the meantime.

Forex is forever..! So no hurry to go with Live accounts without practising in demos..!

Forex is definitely a "holly grai" business but at the same time its also a dangerous pitfall, if you do not handle it in a right way..!

Every pro trader has blown out his atleast first 2 accounts.

So its wise to learn first and then jump with live money..!