Money from Forex?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Money from Forex?

Yep please dont quit ur job without being financially secured for at least a year.. coz in my earlier days of forex, i was gaining but losin alot more too. Advice is if u become CONSISTENTLY profitable tradin forex for at LEAST 6months or more part time, THEN u can quit ur job or go full time trading. Just my 2cents ;))

I preffer eating with a small spoon.

My rules are:

1. Have a plan

2. Be consequent, always go with your plan

3. If you're not sure stay aside

so far going along with but it's hard sometimes :]

I've been learning for a year now and still not sure if i could go live (see point 3:]).

I wish I could make FX additional source of income but if not I will also be fine.

rgds.

I found very a good quote on having a plan and generally trader psychology:

A trader has to have patience & discipline to succeed.

The bottom line is - you need to work out a plan, and then stick to it…regardless.

If you decide on trading only a particular strategy, then you must wait for that setup to occur. In the meanwhile, if price makes some moves, you should not trade those, simply because they do not fit within your plan.

Psychologically, you need a lot of discipline to stick to a plan, because you always feel you are missing out on the moves.

And if you are trading full time, then this becomes a very big issue. Since you keep waiting for a trade & if the opportunity does not occur, then you get tempted to twist your plan & get into the action…..which is the surest way to disaster.

One can make a living from trading…provided it’s done in the correct way.

It’s not an overnight-get-rich-scheme.

It has to be built up slowly & takes a lot of effort & dedication.

Once you accept this fact, it becomes somewhat easier -:)

originally comes from "Mind, Money & Method" found on Sunil Mangwani blog.

If it's the first time you approach forex, know that it's the hardest market

and you should not begin with the need of a "wage", everyone needs a long time to study it.

One advice: use low leverage.

I am new to Forex trading since 6 month and as i have a full time job, i only do it as a hobby and i only trade EA's... I would suggest to open an account with 500$ and run some bots (megadroid an fapturbo) at 0.01 lots, just for getting a feeling ;-)

br

forexer

I would suggest to trade on a demo account until you make a profit on your total amount, not just one winning trade... ;) Then you could try to do it fulltime, but you also need the money to trade with. So my suggestion is, find a new job, and switch when you know you can make money with trading! I have the same problem here...

Hello,

I'm totally new to Forex. I recently lost my job and want to know if it is really possible to make a living from Forex?

i have the same experiences with u brotha, lost my job and want become fulltime trader, please go to the ebook section in this great forum, u can find a lot of good book n u can study it. Hopefully u can make a living from forex my brotha.

I don't think people who plugin an EA and go to bed is called a trader :D Well, it doesn't matter though if you make money.

However, if you just lost your job, go find a new job. Trade forex in your part time. Believe me, some people are committing suicide because of no job and putting all their hope in forex. You can make money in forex, but it requires time and effort.

Regards,

Ore no Shinka Hikari yo Hayai. Zen Uchi o Nani no Mono Ore no Shinka Chuito Kore Nai.

Ten no Michi yo Iki. Subete o Sukosadoru Otoko.

Hello new friends,

Do you think that a successful experience in futures may help trading Forex successively ? Compared to the futures market, to what should I be attentive with FX ? (I add that my futures experiences are mainly in indices fuures SP500, Dow Jones, Nasdaq.)