Wolf(e)Waves and ZUP

Re: Wolf(e)Waves and ZUP

Merlin, thank you for the heads up about that article. As I'm interested in trading with WW, I'll read it for sure.

Yes, I don't "dare" to trust in these predictor indicators on lower timeframes, but that wave on 15M was so obvious. :D Unfortunately I have traded it on a demo account.

At the moment I don't have too much money on my live account, that's why I cannot afford too big stop losses. I am forced to look around in the minute timeframes. But I guess M1 and M5 are simply too fast and random for WW. Anyway, I'll also definitely try those out.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Don

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Don,

That's the mystery of all this, or one of them. I've ridden killer WWaves on the M5 all the way to the 1-4 for excellent gains.... yet, twice last week, I've had WWaves all in sync from the M5 to the H1. Sure bet, yes? Yet it started the move, died midway, then reversed.

Eventually, I expect much of this to be more clear and, perhaps, another indicator (trend?) might point to a solution which can be EA'd.

As for account size, trading $5M can be exactly the same as $500. It's all a matter of scale. Good entry points are good entry points, period. The MPTM I mentioned above ensures that good trades don't turn bad. Nothing more frustrating than picking a good entry, have it move into profit, then turn into a loss. MPTM eliminates that possibility to a large degree. But it requires you fully understand it, tweak to your own personal style, etc.

I frequently recommend my traders open $5M accounts and get used to swinging huge amounts around. Eventually, they begin to understand that it's not the MONEY that matters, it's the quality of the trades. Focus on good entry points, getting into good trades. Forget the $$$ element. Once you've made a string of good trades, gaining the all-important PIPPAGE, THEN you can check your account balance to see the gains. The dollars-earned while trading is the REWARD for having made good trades. I maintain that the ONLY difference between big accounts is the # of contracts involved and YOUR ATTITUDE toward (and understanding of) money.

That may seem obvious, or a conflict with the desire for traders to make money, but it's actually a subtle mental shift which can make all the difference over time.

Have a great week :)

Regards,

Merlin

I'd opened a 150K account late Thursday to check out the functionality of my new VPS, located in NYC. Was doing well, then went to bed. When I awoke, I caught the start of a WW on the M30 and rode it up to the 1-4 (precisely to the pixel). Noted that this point became a #5 on the H1 with a reasonable 1-4 target. Sometimes the 1-4 seems unlikely, I've noticed.

Traded the new WW down successfully until about 50% to the 1-4, at which point it reversed, leaving me with a bunch of sells. Not too worrisome, as I figured it would reach a Double Top, which it did, then head back down, which it did. Made some trades during this time, both hedging buys and profit sells.

During the last 4 minutes of the week, NYC Bulls took the price down and closed all my trades, so clear for the weekend. Total on the day was 411 trades, no losses. 72+K profit. Statement at mbrio.mt4live.com

That "M" formation during the 2nd WWave (up to #5, Down 50%, back up to Double Top, then plunge) I've seen before. Sometimes may be good to pause around mid-point in a wave so you're not caught when it goes back for the double top. If it continues past the 50% move of the WW #5 point, it's probably safe to trade all the way to the 1-4.

Also noticed that sometimes after hitting a 1-4 or on a new #5 it will move into a large consolidation. Good channel to trade, but best only in the direction of the nw 1-4.

Would be nice to have more contributions to this thread.....

Regards,

Merlin

Merlin, your online statement is an interesting read. A long series of winning trades, very impressive. There are many small trades within a short period (eg 15 buys at 2009.07.17 14:57) to capture 1, 2 to 10 pips (most of them a few pips).

How can you maintain such a focus, or do you use some tools to help you placing/managing trades, even an EA perhaps?

Merlin, your online statement is an interesting read. A long series of winning trades, very impressive. There are many small trades within a short period (eg 15 buys at 2009.07.17 14:57) to capture 1, 2 to 10 pips (most of them a few pips).

How can you maintain such a focus, or do you use some tools to help you placing/managing trades, even an EA perhaps?

Hi Clovelly,

I have no idea what happened here, but I took a good long time posting a long answer to your questions, plus some other observations.

That response was up here for a week and has now mysteriously disappeared. If someone took it down, I was not informed of it.

I hope you were able to get it in the time it was up.

Best regards,

Merlin

• 2 months later...

Hi MerlinBrasil,

I have read through your thread on Wolfe Waves with much interest and am wondering if you could please re-upload the information in the first post on the thread. The original link plus a subsequent link where it was re-uploaded are no longer working. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pye

MerlinBrasil,

I made 80 trades and 80 wins. I wasn't looking at the M15 so missed that opportunity for doubling that profit.

As it was, $25K+ on a 100K account in an hour or so.

So far, VERY precise and accurate.

Best,

Merlin

I would very much like for Merlin to come back and teach us his trading system with any new developments he has made since his last post.

Everyone likes to say there is no Holy Grail. But this comes very close if he can make 80 consecutive winners and 25% increase in account size.

Rather than look at every new system and indicator that seems to fail during choppy periods, we should focus on a winner like this one. Perhaps if a small group of us can show serious interest Merlin may be willing to teach us.

• 3 months later...

ZUP is a wonderful indicator and has a dedicated following. I wanted to use this sometime back and spent some time understanding and watched it. But the ZUP method is too much mathematical - there is nothing wrong, but it is kind of not what I want, so I left it. But if you like the concept of ZUP, then trade it. It will be rewarding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
From what I've been reading here, this Wolfe Wave system seems to be the closest thing to the Holy Grail and it seems like the Merlin trader figured it out. If anyone knows who this Merlin guy is then please contact him and ask him to post his template for the system and any updated development to the system. Come on folks, let's help each other succeed.

• 3 months later...

Wolfe Wave with minimum angle settings

I have modified WolfeWave (original indi WolfeWave_nen) so that there can be set a minimum value for the 4 ZigZag angles, idea is to exclude 'flat' waves. Also working on an EA based on this indicator, if anyone is interested to participate in development pease PM me!

http://content.screencast.com/users/Jani72/folders/Default/media/d0e84a81-db16-487d-b7e0-1b5699e63308/WolfeWave.jpg

• 6 months later...

please reupload......

ok the last one are same as previouse exept one that has nothinf to do with WW

However here is one that shows you the previouse Wwafes on chart plus it should draw the new one while it is in creation (needs time and depend on timeframe)

PS: to avoid drawing previouse waves just set: first_one = true (default = false)

Let me know what you think.

http://www.forexsharing.com/351502

• 2 months later...

mograst what a BS link did you put here: http://www.forexsharing.com/140946 I couldn't get out of that site, like virus, and have to close Internet and restart again! Really BS!

glogal, don't believe what you read or hear, that's delusion! Test all ideas and make your own decision upon the experiences, never let to do others do it for you.

Hermes

Edited by hermes

• 5 months later...