Wolf(e)Waves and ZUP

Re: Wolf(e)Waves and ZUP

The Secret. Dude you just dont get it. Forget the indicator!!!!!!!!! read the pdf and draw the patterns yourself. You obvouisly arent going to grasp this by the indy. ahhhhrrrg =)) =)) =)) =))

:hammer: the point of getting the indicator to work correctly is so you dont have to draw the patterns yourself.

you obviously arent grasping what automated indicators are for. read the manual.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Secret. Dude you just dont get it. Forget the indicator!!!!!!!!! read the pdf and draw the patterns yourself. You obvouisly arent going to grasp this by the indy. ahhhhrrrg =)) =)) =)) =))

What I am trying to do is modify indi so that it catch waves inside the waves, chase the new patterns at the moment thea are formed. Just a new approach, little different than original. Yes, shoot me because of that. :?:

ok the last one are same as previouse exept one that has nothinf to do with WW

However here is one that shows you the previouse Wwafes on chart plus it should draw the new one while it is in creation (needs time and depend on timeframe)

PS: to avoid drawing previouse waves just set: first_one = true (default = false)

Let me know what you think.

http://www.forexsharing.com/351502

ok the last one are same as previouse exept one that has nothinf to do with WW

However here is one that shows you the previouse Wwafes on chart plus it should draw the new one while it is in creation (needs time and depend on timeframe)

PS: to avoid drawing previouse waves just set: first_one = true (default = false)

Let me know what you think.

http://www.forexsharing.com/351502

Thanks, Mograst! Great find. Will check it out. I like the idea of showing past Waves.

Regards,

Merlin

Hi,

The ind I'm using is Talex's Wolfewaves.mq4 which must require the DT_ZZ.mq4 in indicators' folder in order to work. So far I found Talex's WW could produce the correct WW pattern.

I need some comments and advice on this setup from the seniors.

Thank you.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu24/cubicrey/EU15_WW_30Jun09a.png

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing. Sharing is caring

hmm i hadn't that waves with the latest indicator i post above.

Also i usually use the 1M timeframe as waves are more ofhten.

If i look at 15M wiht the above indicator i've got image below:

the lsy 42 hours i using this indicator seem quite accurate However it has no poput when a wave is drawn.

maybe somone can make a poput to advise as i cannot stay whole day in from of my pc.

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/uploads/4a1897bcabc0.gif

use the image button :) and paste your link there preferred host: tinypic

k

Up until now, I never really understand how to read waves and those zigzag indis are killing my acc.

Regards,

Ore no Shinka Hikari yo Hayai. Zen Uchi o Nani no Mono Ore no Shinka Chuito Kore Nai.

Ten no Michi yo Iki. Subete o Sukosadoru Otoko.

my problem is that waves are showing up afhter tehy has formed. So how to enter a trade while it got formed??

Hi Mograst,

When the 5 shows up, you trade towards the #1-#4 Red Line. Sometimes it hits the 1-4 line right on the pixel. Sometimes overshoots it.

With EURUSD there's been a 1-4 line recently around 1.3980 but the market stalls and won't go through the 1.4000 support. It just bounces.

I'm still testing, so it will be a while before I give my analysis.

Best,

Merlin

IMPORTANT POINT: You cannot begin looking for the Wolfe Wave until points 1, 2, 3, and 4 have been formed. Keep in mind that point 3 must be lower than point 1 for a buy setup. It must be higher than point 1 for a sell setup. Also, on the best waves point 4 will be higher than point 1 for a buy setup and lower than 1 for a sell setup.

Mograst... I have it on all timeframes. Testing period.

You need to test the indicator, any indicator for that matter, until you're comfortable with it enough to decide

whether or not you want it in your toolbox. Pretty clear #5 on the EURUSD H1 at the moment. Seems obvious enough.

And, for all, having looked at Nen's code, the entire WWave is painted all at once. You can trade anywhere on the zigzags as always, just that

they are not enumerated. All at once, the full WWave shows up.

I like the screenshot posted here with the Talex WWave but can't get it to show up, even with DT_ZZ and a white background. No clue what the problem is.

Regards,

Merlin

Two handy MT4 tips. I never saw these documented, but they can save time.

1. If your mouse has a CLICKABLE Scroll Wheel, click it toggles the Crosshair Cursor

2. If you have CHART SHIFT on (Chart Shift Button depressed), there's an almost invisible dark green down arrow

at the top of your chart screen which marks the default shift point. You can grab that triangle with your mouse and

shift it left or right to suit your purposes.

Regards,

Merlin

Mograst... I have it on all timeframes. Testing period.

I like the screenshot posted here with the Talex WWave but can't get it to show up, even with DT_ZZ and a white background. No clue what the problem is.

Regards,

Merlin

Hola,

The Correct WW pattern is seldom appear even in TF M1 or M5, I've run the strategy tester with this Talex Ind, which only produce 4 ~5 times per week. U could only see the foot prints of the Talex WW pattern if u have opened the chart since days or weeks without closing it, u could not see them when u load the new chart windows as the pattern may changed over time and the ind can not regonise it any more. This is only my assumption as I'm not a coder. May be some members here could help to improve it.

Cheers.

rey

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing. Sharing is caring

After a long hot day of trading the EURUSD, I think I'm ready to give my conclusions.

WWaves are *definitely* a good indicator, particularly when they're confirmed over multiple upper time frames.

Example, London Session opened with a Bullish WWave on the M5 which I then confirmed all the way up to H4. Since this appeared to be "the perfect wave", I went consistently long for the next hour and a half or so until I'd reached a point where I didn't feel like pushing my luck. Of course, it proceeded to go up yet another third of what I'd traded. More than 2% DD was rare during this series of trades.

Later, toward the end of London, I spotted a WWave on the M15, not confirmed by any other timeframe but.... it was at the point of a double bottom and I decided to trade that for another half hour.

Total for the day, 150 trades, no losses, 85K profit. Total for the account, mostly using but rarely ignoring WWaves, 1301 trades, 41 of which were losses. Started with 100K, in it's 12th trading day, now out of the market at 331,137. Took some big losses while building it due to my own carelessness.

Haven't been able to get anything on the WWave like Cubicrey displayed. Using Wolfwave_Nen_Impr. Seems to have handled much of the redraw problem on the M5, but still good to keep an eye on that problem.

Only other indicators I use are ZUP_v82, Fractal, NRTR_Gator, WRR_ZUP_INFO_v02, and ytg_info (to keep track of hedges when needed).

So, I give WWaves two thumbs up, although your mileage may vary, as with anything in Forex.

Best regards and good trading,

Merlin

Could you start from $1000 USD capital Merlin? :D :-?

I would give this system two thumbs up if......................

Simply divide LotSize by 100. That would provide a $3,500 balance taking the exact same trades.

The key to any manual system is knowing when to pull the trigger. That comes with experience and *lots* of screen time.

Best,

Merlin

Merlin, Could you share us your indicators and template as 1 set in ZIP or RAR?

I'm sure people here would really like to know how to duplicate your style.

Regards,

Ore no Shinka Hikari yo Hayai. Zen Uchi o Nani no Mono Ore no Shinka Chuito Kore Nai.

Ten no Michi yo Iki. Subete o Sukosadoru Otoko.

Yep, I already wanted to ask for this. :)

And a few screenshots with explanations. I don't get the part where you're always T/P and reopen positions before reaching the 1-4 target line. I would think that costs more times the spread instead of openin the position one time and wait until it reaches the target or the final T/P.

Yep, I already wanted to ask for this. :)

And a few screenshots with explanations. I don't get the part where you're always T/P and reopen positions before reaching the 1-4 target line. I would think that costs more times the spread instead of openin the position one time and wait until it reaches the target or the final T/P.

Hi Don,

Good question!

If a price move is 40 pips, if I am very fast and very focused, I can sometimes make 60-100 pips on the move, trading retracements. Bear in mind that I've been solely focused on this pair and have 2 years of screen x 12-16 hours per day, so I can understand the moves and 'hesitations' better.

I open a trade, let the Trade Manager (URL earlier in this thread) close the trade. I then decide if I still want to be IN this trade at this time and either re-enter, or wait a bit if I sense a retracement. Depending on what timeframe/WW I'm trading, I may even actively countertrade, but am still investigating those possibilities.

That being said, it's been a great/crappy week for WW and me ;) A couple of days I ended up spending long long hours hedging positions due to selecting a WW on one timeframe or another which ended up not 'behaving' as expected. Others went like clockwork. Trying to ascertain WHICH WW to trade and why.

I don't have any specific template, and all the indicators, etc., which I use are either listed in the thread or can be googled easily. I have 5-6 EURUSD pair charts open simultaneously and constantly switch back and forth between time frames to get a better 'feel' of what the pair is doing.

My first recommend to my students is to focus on ONE PAIR ONLY. Otherwise, it's like trying to date 6 girls at the same time. Each has a separate personality and separate moves. Get to know one. EURUSD has lowest spreads and highest depth of market, so better fills are more likely.

Also, I do one other thing differently from most. I set the Trade Manager with a FIXED potential loss amount before I start a session. I very rarely enter a trade with a stop loss. If I should lose a big chunk of profit, I just work harder and make it back, and then some. I can hedge trades which are functioning poorly to profit while getting price back for them to close. I DO NOT recommend this for casual traders. Takes ice water in the veins, and one helluva lot of focus and concentration.

Hope this helps. I'd love to spend more time on here but, between trading, study, prep work and working to automated what I'm doing, I just don't seem to be able to do all at once.

The 100K account sits at 350K, but I'm not out of the market for the weekend. Precisely hedged above and below, so we'll see what the new week has in store.

As I get the WWs figured out, I'm happy to share my observations but, as always, they are just *my* observations. I don't think screenshots are that helpful. If you're trading EURUSD, you're looking at exactly what I'm looking at, but seeing it live and developing :)

Best,

Merlin

Thanks for sharing your observations and opinion, Merlin!

I've read you're using Wolfwave_Nen_Impr. Are you using this indicator with default settings or tweaked it to fit every timeframe you're watching? Would you share your settings with us, please?

I have tried the original WolfeWave_nen[1] indicator on EUR/USD, M15 thursday and spotted a wave which brought over 600 pips overnight. I think I get it how to spot out these waves, but as I see the indicator sometimes having problems with it. If I tweaking settings, then it shows different waves on the same timeframe. Which is not good, I think. That's why I'm asking for settings.

Thank you!