Dukascopy Broker Review

finimej

Re: Dukascopy Metatrader 4 platform

who's server does not matter.
It does matter because I would want to connect to servers that are owned/managed by Dukascopy and not FXOpen.

The IP address of FXOpen's ECN server is 212.147.66.36.

The IP address to Dukascopy's (JForex?) server is 194.8.15.159.

The Dukascopy MetaTrader terminal is connecting to 212.147.66.36 and not 194.8.15.159.

the important thing is your money is kept at Dukascopy.
Yes I agree. But it would be even better if FXOpen was completely out of the picture. At the moment they are not.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

If dukas goes mt4 live in jan with minilots i'll happily do business with them

I n the meantime I found a website which claims to give a rebate of 45% on dukas commisions which means it would be like a dream for us.

Dukascopy ECN with rates vheaper than OANDA

Unfortunately I dont know how reliable they are i just found the website so guys lets get together and investigate about this website and rebate

the website i found is

http://www.molecule6.com/en/dukascopy-ecn-broker-a-rebates.html?gclid=CP7-wdqf7Z4CFYIvpAodJQ4uIw

Hi guys

I n the meantime I found a website which claims to give a rebate of 45% on dukas commisions which means it would be like a dream for us.

Unfortunately I dont know how reliable they are i just found the website so guys lets get together and investigate about this website and rebate

the website i found is

http://www.molecule6.com/en/dukascopy-ecn-broker-a-rebates.html?gclid=CP7-wdqf7Z4CFYIvpAodJQ4uIw

molecule6 seems good. A friend of me has opened an account on duko (Not MT4) in summer though that website and has ben give rebats.

I knew Fxopen ECN is using dukascopy liquidity pool therefore FXopen ECN level II has the same order book as dukascopy.
But they are using FXOpen's own servers. I would have expected them to use their own servers, but they are not.

The most important point to consider is not the platform server but the price or "feed server". It is no secret that other brokers are using Dukascopy's liquidity. But be assured that MT4 at Dukascopy is a Dukascopy product using it's own feed ! The price on the MT4 beta demo are exactly the same as the Live JForex platform...

My greatest doubt about Dukascopy is their half-pip feed. I've found it much more convenient to trade with advancedmarkets or FXCM level2 since the commission is comparable but the spread can go down to 0pips and is often lower than 0.5. Dukascopy, on the contrary, seems to have spreads mostly in the 1-1.5pips area for retail customers, which would be fine if they didn't apply commission. Also, I've noticed a good deal of slippage in certain situations, so I'd recommend not to open retail accounts with them.

DUKAS is one of the biggers forex ECN brokers & market maker,too! :D I hope to lower a little the minimum deposit for live trading. :-?

Afew years ago when they (Dukascopy) started out, their minimum deposit requirements are $20k

And now it has lower to

$5000 only.

What a big big difference :)

My greatest doubt about Dukascopy is their half-pip feed. I've found it much more convenient to trade with advancedmarkets or FXCM level2 since the commission is comparable but the spread can go down to 0pips and is often lower than 0.5. Dukascopy, on the contrary, seems to have spreads mostly in the 1-1.5pips area for retail customers, which would be fine if they didn't apply commission. Also, I've noticed a good deal of slippage in certain situations, so I'd recommend not to open retail accounts with them.

For your information, if you are or were using Duykascopy JForex platform Live, you can set the slippage preferences of the platform to " 0 " pips. This way you are sure you have no slippage at any time of the day. Combining the right preferences settings + 45% rebates on commissions Molecule6.com gives out + Dukascopy huge liquidity makes Dukasacopy very hard to beat !

I made some video tutorials about JForex preferences and a lot of other useful stuff on the following page of my Website : http://www.molecule6.com/en/how-to-videos.html

Enjoy !

By FXCM level 2 do you mean the 25k active trader platform?

By FXCM level 2 do you mean the 25k active trader platform?

Yes, that's what I meant. It's 25k or 10M in notional volume, so nothing too shocking if you really are an active trader.

For your information, if you are or were using Duykascopy JForex platform Live, you can set the slippage preferences of the platform to " 0 " pips. This way you are sure you have no slippage at any time of the day. Combining the right preferences settings + 45% rebates on commissions Molecule6.com gives out + Dukascopy huge liquidity makes Dukasacopy very hard to beat !

Sorry but with 1 to 1.5pip spread even very low commission is not convenient...advancedmarkets and fxcm often have spreads < 0.5pip, acceptable commission and execution is tremendously quick.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys

the website i found is

thanks for the link of molecule6, i get my rebates from cbforex, they are good ;rebates for many , but for dukas 40%

so m6 beets them

http://www.cashbackforex.co.uk

hello,

i am an IB for dukascopy. i can offer 45% off your commission directly back into your account. as of recent, dukascopy has lowered their deposit amount to $1k from $10k. btw, meta4 has been in beta for some time; should be finalized really soon.

please let me know if i can be of any assistance.

hello,

i am an IB for dukascopy. i can offer 45% off your commission directly back into your account. as of recent, dukascopy has lowered their deposit amount to $1k from $10k. btw, meta4 has been in beta for some time; should be finalized really soon.

Check with dukascopy own website about the requirement for banking license, their application ONE year ago:

http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/about/regulation/

But obviously they have not received this license yet.

Regards

I am testing on dukascopy mt4 platform and found a bug on their platform.

I emailed them for the issue but no reply from them :-S

When u want to send an order for NZDJPY, you will get an error.

and on the NZDJPY, there is a wrong description as "Australian Dollar vs Swiss Franc"

:huh:

hello,

staw;

sorry for the delayed reply. anyhow; your question regarding MT than duka platform? that is a tough question to answer. are you asking if the spreads on metatrader are higher than duka's platform? i don't have first hand knowledge of this; but if need be i can find out. but my first thought and answer is: i doubt it. i suspect the spreads are not determined by the platform but rather the individual broker.

demo and spread: again; this doesn't sound logical. i think each broker will reflect its spread on the their own mt4 platform when you use it. besides; if it was different than it would be considered bait and switch and once people got wind of this tactic; brokers would lose their creditability pretty quickly. so; logic says NO on both counts.

hyper;

are you saying my responses are poor? im not sure what you mean. my answers reflect an ambiguous question. did you read the question and reflect on my answers? essentially; staw was asking if the spreads were determined by the platform used; to which i said that doesnt sound logical. how is that a poor response?