DirtyDan's journal

dirtydan

Re: DirtyDan's journal

DirtyDan I am really enjoying your system and trying to use it on my charts with success. Kuekhatsu, thank you so much for posting your charts as well...they're really helping me to understand the system visually.

DirtyDan, can I please ask how you know where to start the initial fibs...is it just a visual thing on the chart that grabs you or do you have some sort of prior setup you're waiting for.

Also, can you please tell us how you use the daily/weekly fibs on the weekend for setups in the week ahead.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DirtyDan I am really enjoying your system and trying to use it on my charts with success. Kuekhatsu, thank you so much for posting your charts as well...they're really helping me to understand the system visually.

DirtyDan, can I please ask how you know where to start the initial fibs...is it just a visual thing on the chart that grabs you or do you have some sort of prior setup you're waiting for.

Also, can you please tell us how you use the daily/weekly fibs on the weekend for setups in the week ahead.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Look at the chart below I am trying to show the previous swing which is more than a week just to see what positions look more profitable as well as likely. I dont really want to say I am trying to follow a trend but I am trying to show that we are headed up because of the higher lows. This is the reason I was able to trade 100% last month but at the same time I only took 4 trades because they were headed in the same direction in the daily as well as in the weekly. On the other hand I didn't take 10 or more trades that actually would have worked out. I didn't mean to take so long on posting a chart that I use to analyze during the weekend but it is hard to show without being able to zoom in and out as I please. In reality this is how my chart looks when I am looking for set ups during the weekend. I hope this helps [-O<

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8118/yen.gif

Thanks for the previos chart DirtyDan

So if your daily/weekly chart shows (for example) an UPWARD move, then you take only positions where the 2nd set of fibs break UP through the 1st set of fibs 0% line, THEN wait for a retrace to 50%, 61.8 or 76.4 and enter LONG positions as these hit?

Please correct me if i got it wrong...

Thanks for the previos chart DirtyDan

So if your daily/weekly chart shows (for example) an UPWARD move, then you take only positions where the 2nd set of fibs break UP through the 1st set of fibs 0% line, THEN wait for a retrace to 50%, 61.8 or 76.4 and enter LONG positions as these hit?

Please correct me if i got it wrong...

You got it exactly right thanx for the input. Have you had any success or failures using this method? Please feel free to post a chart we are all here to learn and I will answer questions as they are asked. :)

OK, so GPBUSD daily and weekly charts are on UPWARD move.

I'm only going to take LONG positions.

My first set of fibs are as follows:

http://www.forexsharing.com/463619

I'm waiting for break UP of the yellow 0% line to draw 2nd set of fibs. Is this how you would set up your next trade on GBPUSD?

Sorry, here is pic of my chart:

http://www.imgshack.info/images/dqgu7lbw1olsgti5jydg.gif

Here is the way I see it but please keep your fib and see if it works out maybe you will teach me something. I always doubt myself when I fib but it always seems to workout especially when either side is pierced. :)>-

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1043/yeno.gif

Ok guys, this is what I did with the GBPUSD:

When price broke 0% on my first set of fibs (yellow), I refibbed using the new high (red fibs) and put LONG orders at 23.6, 38.2, 50 and 61.8%.

Only retraced to 23.6 but this trade went right on to over 200. Took profit at 161.8.

http://www.imgshack.info/images/jy65n9xd8kiz67bhfd.gif

DirtyDan, not sure if you would have taken this trade...is it better most times to wait for a retrace to 50 or 61.8 before placing orders?

Ok guys, this is what I did with the GBPUSD:

When price broke 0% on my first set of fibs (yellow), I refibbed using the new high (red fibs) and put LONG orders at 23.6, 38.2, 50 and 61.8%.

Only retraced to 23.6 but this trade went right on to over 200. Took profit at 161.8.

http://www.imgshack.info/images/jy65n9xd8kiz67bhfd.gif

DirtyDan, not sure if you would have taken this trade...is it better most times to wait for a retrace to 50 or 61.8 before placing orders?

Give yourself a pat on the back. :shand: THAT IS SO COOL. Your fibs worked even though they werent the same as mine and you actually new where it was going on your chart before I knew it was going on mine. Your right I wouldnt have taken this trade because it didnt give me the retrace I wanted but that is just me. The great thing about what I am teaching is that if you already have a system you could just use what I have taught as conformation. So what if you fibbed the swing and it broke through the 0% and YOUR system tells you to go long. You just have done 2 things 1. you put my lessons to use with what you already know and 2. you are still trading the way you are comfortable trading but know you have a conformation of whats going on and it makes it that much easier to get into a trade. =D>

Great Topic.

Congratulations everyone, specially to DirtyDan.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I´m a beginner in this area, so I have a lot of doubts.

I expect you guys that you understand.

I think I know hwo to draw Fibos, that part it´s ok for me.

But....

Question nº 1. - when do you decide to enter a trade?

Question nº 2. - When do you decide to exit the trade?

Those tow questions is to start. ;)

That´s all for now Folks.

Question nº 1. - when do you decide to enter a trade?

For DITRYDAN SETUP you only enter when your first Fibs (The White Fibs) has been penetrate & they come again to retrace & go again into the original direction; so you can made a new fibs Red Fibs (2nd Fibs).

For Jazon's Setup Fibs its not a DirtyDan Setup, please read Dirtydan not place any Pending Order, because DirtyDan Setup needs & Required price back Retrace to 50%, 61.8%, & 78.6% first before they go into the original Version.

Question nº 2. - When do you decide to exit the trade?

1. When they reachTake Profit. 1 at 138.2% (Red Fibs- 2nd Fibs)

2. When they reach Take Profit. 2 at 161.8% (Red Fibs-2nd Fibs)

3. When Stop Loss Gotted Hit at 100% (white Fibs-1st Fibs)

Regards;

:-bd

Adamentium Trader Origin's

Concentrate your energy, thought and capital exclusively upon the business in which you are engaged...'Don't put all your eggs in one basket' is all wrong. I tell you 'put all your eggs in one basket, and then watch that basket.'

Andrew Carnegie (1835 - 1919)

Scottish-born U.S. industrialist and philanthropist.

Speech, Curry Commercial College, Pittsburgh

:-bd

[spoiler=stttttt... hey You .. YES you ... let tell me you A SECRET ... click here ... yeah ... click on this button ] II Vocabulary that you should know:

PLON=it mean someting that really bad ... REEEELY BAD like a BLOOD sucker stuff ...

CEMPLON= the PRODUCER OF SOMETHING THAT CLAIM GOOD but IT IS NOT ... and WASTED all YOUR MONEY!

---- make sure Oxford or Cambridge knows it ...--- K =D>

Hi Kuekhatsu,

Hows the success rate going for DirtyDans system?

Cheers ;)

My Friend;

Please ask the author of this Smart Trading System (DirtyDan); For Me I'm allready saw this setup in GBP/USD almost 3 times & all 3 times is a winner & the point is 100 over 100

Look this (Update) :

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5808/49438157.gif

The Take Profit. 2 @ 161.8% has been HIT ... :-bd

The Odds only our patience to wait for this setup occurs; iMo: this Setup efectively only in GBP/USD, any question anymore; please ask Bro DirtyDan.

DirtyDan you ROCK Man ... \m/

=D>

Thanks DirtyDan and Kuekhatsu

I'll be looking upon it this week. I never saw fibs this way before.

Thanks again

You're welcome Buddy :-bd

IMo: This setup actually Breakout of the 2nd Fractal (Chaos theory 1st Dimension) or Breakout of the Ross Hook (Joe Ross The Law Of Charts) or whatever, But the point is, this tehnique is gotted all the Universal Aspect in the Market, so the success rate is more bigger then any trading system.

Credit & many2 thanks for Bro DirtyDan ... =D>

Miss this one too Bro DirtyDan ... :">

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6/56192239.gif

BUT your system is ROCK Bro ... \m/ :-bd

=D>

Kuekhatsu thanx for the comments :shand: and I am glad to see that its working for you. The trade you posted is PERFECT and yes I missed it also I havent been feeling to good but now I am feeling a little bit better. I will scan the charts and post if I see anything worth getting into.

Hi DirtyDan

Is this because the GBPUSD swings more?

Just wanted to find out if you also use your system to trade the GBPUSD only or for all pairs where the setup forms.

I trade all pairs with the method I have shown on this forum for the simple reason that it works in all markets. Fibonacci is the greatest thing to happen to me and has helped me make a lot of money without looking for a trend or use of lagging indicators. :-bd