Forex Shocker

Re: Forex Shocker

I have the Forex Shocker 2 no DLL version runing on my laptop and on my VPS. All settings apper the same. The install of my mt4 platform is from the same file. The laptop shows GMT offset of +1 and my VPS shows a GMT Offset of -18. Both charts have auto offeset set as true and DST as true. I guess I can watch to see if the action is the same on both, but I have noo idea what could be causing the diffference. Any thoughts on what the difference coould be?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The no DLL version just doesn't work. There must be bugs in there somewhere, or at least the conversion away from the DLL isn't functional.

I tested out the no DLL version on one of my live accounts and it didn't even trade.

So far this EA has no good educated version. A shame really.

With Scalping EAs Live performance will never approach the performance of Demo. The reasons are numerous but the most important ones are the Demo has unlimited liquidity. That means there are never any requotes, no off quotes, no delays, no slippage, no execution at a different spread. The best you can expect from a demo account is to learn how the EA is supposed to trade in the perfect world and then find a broker where it actually performs on live. Also brokers don't play games with demo accounts like some are known to do with live accounts.

I tested one scalper and on demo it returns anywhere from 2% to 10% per day. I thought that this is fantastic! Then I put it on my live accounts at 5 different brokers. On three of them it lost money. One generally breaks even and on the last it earns about 5% a week. Meantime, the Demo account is still churning out 5% or more daily.

Backtests are even worse unless you follow Birt's 99% method and even then it doesn't mean much unless your broker uses the same feed.

The *ONLY* way to find out how a scalping EA will perform is on a live account. Even then, you will run into issues as your trade volume increases. It is a constant balancing game of trial and error.

ryujeans,

On Myfxbook, if you click the "General" tab in the "Info" section it usually tells you the pertinent information. This is true for probably all EAs listed there. To save you the hassle of checking, I am testing on The Collective demo. I am using the no DLL crack that is available in this thread and am trading with the default settings on these two pairs: EURUSD and USDCHF.

If people want, I can add the other pairs but from reading this thread it seems that these are the two best performing pairs.

acosma,

I always put an EA on demo first to see if it has programming errors like the first version of USDBOT (which margined out any account it was attached to), and to make sure that it has the potential to make a profit. If it can't make a profit on Demo it will never make a profit live.

What I am looking for is how it trades, risk control, behaves with other EAs, etc. Then I want to see it hit a stop loss to know the extent of the damage. If it passes that test then it moves to a live account trading 0.01 lots exactly like you said. After a while on the play account if I am satisfied, I move it to a real account and by that time I have only myself to blame if I don't like the way it performs. Very very few ever survive this vetting process to trade live on my real trading account.

hitescape,

so if you use an ecn account like activetrades interbank do you think it will be no more problems of requote, slippage ... and so on ?

just put eakain on activetrades ecn and that's it.. instead of waste time with scalpers on standard broker... what do you think ? it's so simple ? :-?

To acosma and dinj,

I only trade serious money on ECN brokers and currently use The Collective and Jade FX. I do have small test accounts at several other brokers.

I have not gone live with Schocker as I have not seen how much damage a stop loss does to the account.

I re-read my post to make sure I didn't make an error and the post mentions that I tested one scalper on 5 brokers and 3 lost, one broke even and one makes money. The scalper I tested is Euronis and it did not make money at Alpari UK, FXCM UK, FXOpen or FOREX.com for that matter. It broke even at Jade and it made decent money at The Collective but that has changed in the last month.

The Collective has been having order fill problems lately with their liquidity provider, Citibank NJ, Euronis has lost money there this last month. The problems that I have been encountering are off quotes, requotes, horrible slippage and inability to close orders quickly.

A few weeks ago Jade changed liquidity providers to Citibank UK and Euronis now performs better than before and has been consistently making money for the last 3 weeks. I have no idea why Citibank NJ (New Jersey) and Citibank UK have different feeds since both are Citibank but I am getting better results at Jade right now.

So, unfortunately the answer is: No - there is no simple solution. The more I learn about FX the more I realize how much I don't know. It seems that it will be necessary to maintain several accounts at different brokers and be constantly monitoring not only EA performance but changing broker performance and adjusting accordingly.

hitescape , i agree with your opinion but if I see myfxbook activetrades eakain developer account it's goin' very well

and it's a verified account, so I suppose that if I open the same account with activetrades and use the same eakain ea, same version with good vps located in uk I don't say thai I will have the same exact results but approximately it 's supposed to be the same performance:

EAKAIN NORMAL ACTIVTRADES INTERBANK gain 60%, monthly gain about 22% (verified account active since 3 months)

EAKAIN AGGRESSIVE ACTIVTRADES INTERBANK gain 126%, monthly gain 46% (verified account active since 3 months)

so with same ea, same broker, good vps i don't say 60% in normal or 120% in aggressive mode

but I suppose even half the performance that the developer is having it's a good and nice performace for me !! (30% normal, 60% aggressive )

I mean it's not possible that the developer make 60% - 120% and at the same time I make no money or even lost with same setup.

If verified account could be manipulated then it's onother thing, but i don't think so....

or maybe the developer manual manage bad trades and he 's able to repair on every bad conditions? also i don't think this

maybe could repair some trades but not many trades in 3 months....

so for me forex still has many mysteries that i don't understand well and this one it's one of those mysteries.

The scalper I tested is Euronis and it did not make money at Alpari UK, FXCM UK, FXOpen or FOREX.com for that matter. It broke even at Jade and it made decent money at The Collective but that has changed in the last month.

A few weeks ago Jade changed liquidity providers to Citibank UK and Euronis now performs better than before and has been consistently making money for the last 3 weeks. I have no idea why Citibank NJ (New Jersey) and Citibank UK have different feeds since both are Citibank but I am getting better results at Jade right now.

If I may, I have the following questions:

1. Have you tested Euronis with all six recommended pairs at Jade? If not, what are they?

2. Have you used the default settings? If not, would you mind sharing your settings, please?

3. Have you run the EA on a VPS? If so, what VPS service?

Thank you very much in advance!

Chip4Pips,

Citibank licenses the Saxo developed software but I do not know whether they clear through Saxo. I have been told by Gary at The Collective that Citibank does NOT clear through Saxo but I have no proof one way or the other. Still that doesn't explain the difference between Citibank NJ and Citibank UK. :-??

acosma

Be very careful. They can have verified demo accounts like I do. If their verified account is demo then it is practically useless in predicting the profitability of a scalper otherwise I would have been retired a long time ago and not even posting here. You will be lucky to get even 10% of what a demo account earns when you start trading real money. You mention EAKAIN even though this is the Shocker thread but I will tell you what I know about EAKAIN. It uses a 75 pip SL on the EURUSD and only a 6 pip TP which means that EAKAIN has to be correct 13 trades out of 14 just to earn 3 pips. Personally, I don't like those odds but maybe you do. Also, I want to see the RR ratios on all pairs before I start live. In any event I won't be trading any pairs that require 93% accuracy just to break even - that is just plain lunacy in my book. The best advice I can give is to be very careful where you put your money and how you trade that money because I guarantee that nobody but you gives a damn whether you get your money back or not. Do your homework and trade wisely.

ryujeans,

I run Euronis v 3052 on the EURCHF and EURGBP using the default settings but have modified the time to be 21:00 - 24:00. I find that the market often starts to trend after 24:00 so I killed the extra 2 hours in the default settings. Make sure that you set CheckFreeMargin=1 as Euronis thinks it is the only thing trading and it may create a margin call if that option is left to the default of 0.

I also run version 4200 at the same time on the same account but only on the EURCHF, EURGBP and GBPCHF also using default settings except for setting CheckFreeMargin=1. The default settings for version 4200 only trade the hours of 21:00 to 24:00. Early on I had some bad luck with the CAD pairs and with the cross trades so I dropped them. I have not tested them on the new liquidity provider for Jade so I have no opinion.

Note, 4200 and 3052 sometimes try to trade at the same time. The software is smart enough to prevent Context Busy errors so I let them do their thing. When running both, don't use the high risk settings as you run the risk of a margin call.

Yes, I use a VPS - the one Jade offers on the same LAN as their trading servers so that I have latency of 1ms or less.

Hope this helps.