ISEA (Investiva Super Expert Advisor)

Re: [Req] ISEA (Investiva Super Expert Advisor)

"Finimej" is there a way to have MM in external string to choose % of free margin available for your fixed versions (4digits and 5 digits)?

I have always different orders with diff. brokers even if initial capital is the same.

Thanks a lot

:shand:

the tradevolume is the riskprocent. just change it to 10, then you are using 10% of account equity. Do not want to change his beautiful code. Simple shall be kept simple, simple yet brillant.

ok of course. Thanks for explanation.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Finimej" is there a way to have MM in external string to choose % of free margin available for your fixed versions (4digits and 5 digits)?

I have always different orders with diff. brokers even if initial capital is the same.

Thanks a lot

:shand:

the tradevolume is the riskprocent. just change it to 10, then you are using 10% of account equity. Do not want to change his beautiful code. Simple shall be kept simple, simple yet brillant.

Hi finimej,

The 4shared link to your IS 5-digit cleaned version is giving me a HTML file when I download it, instead of an mq4 file. Can you pls PM me the mq4 if you still have it, thanks.

Hi finimej,

The 4shared link to your IS 5-digit cleaned version is giving me a HTML file when I download it, instead of an mq4 file. Can you pls PM me the mq4 if you still have it, thanks.

while downloading just add .mq4

Bye

just rename it adding a .mq4 at the end

I see what you're saying. I did just make tradevolume to be 10 instead of 1, and am getting the around 2.5 % risk per trade that I was seeking. Thank you. Didn't know what tradevolume did before.

Edit:

(50000 x (2.6 x 0.01))/(29 x 9.15)

=1300 / 265.35

=4.89 lots

check math

(((9.15 x 4.89 x 29)/50000) x 100)

= 2.59% risk

So changing to 10 DOES NOT mean you're risking 10%, it means you are risking around 2.6%. This is why I like my money management, I know what I'm risking.

Don

Hey guys first post on this great forum. =-] HELLO EVERYONE =-]

Ok well i have been "Forward" Demoing this "ISEA" ea. And it looks very very nice on a ranging market. I have been demoing it for about 5 hours now and it has opened up 15 trades all winners. But remmeber its only 2 pips to lol. still good tho

Total Trades: 15 Short Positions (won %): 0 (0.00%) Long Positions (won %): 15 (100.00%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 15 (100.00%) Loss trades (% of total): 0 (0.00%)

I was wondering if someone can do edits to it so that we can input our own lot size. I put it on a 800$ demo account and its only trading with like 9-10cents a pip... Kinda pointless if you know what i mean. from 15 trades i made about 4$ lol.

If anyone can do this it will be very appreciated. Thank you guys for all your hard work and keep it up.

Edit: I put up the mt4live link for you guys. It is FXDD demo. If all goes well within 24hours and not a lot of losses and more winners then losses i will be putting this on live account with 1$ a pip.

URL: http://dv84isea.mt4live.com/

Also, i get this when it trys to open a sell pending order:

2009.05.21 17:09:03 '5601271': order sell limit 0.01 EURCHF opening at 1.5196 sl: 1.5225 tp: 1.5191 failed [Trade is disabled]

With hedging disabled you arent even allowed to places different pending orders? kinda sucks lol

change tradevolume to 10 instead of 1, and you'll be risking about 2.6% of the account vs. the default 0.26% of the account. In fact, if you wanted to risk 10% per trade, change tradevolume to 40. I just did on new Sigma account to see what happens. Will I get a margin call? Let's see. If not, baby them gains are gonna be sweet.

Don

Hey guys first post on this great forum. =-] HELLO EVERYONE =-]

Ok well i have been "Forward" Demoing this "ISEA" ea. And it looks very very nice on a ranging market. I have been demoing it for about 5 hours now and it has opened up 15 trades all winners. But remmeber its only 2 pips to lol. still good tho

Total Trades: 15 Short Positions (won %): 0 (0.00%) Long Positions (won %): 15 (100.00%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 15 (100.00%) Loss trades (% of total): 0 (0.00%)

I was wondering if someone can do edits to it so that we can input our own lot size. I put it on a 800$ demo account and its only trading with like 9-10cents a pip... Kinda pointless if you know what i mean. from 15 trades i made about 4$ lol.

If anyone can do this it will be very appreciated. Thank you guys for all your hard work and keep it up.

Edit: I put up the mt4live link for you guys. It is FXDD demo. If all goes well within 24hours and not a lot of losses and more winners then losses i will be putting this on live account with 1$ a pip.

URL: http://dv84isea.mt4live.com/

Also, i get this when it trys to open a sell pending order:

2009.05.21 17:09:03 '5601271': order sell limit 0.01 EURCHF opening at 1.5196 sl: 1.5225 tp: 1.5191 failed [Trade is disabled]

With hedging disabled you arent even allowed to places different pending orders? kinda sucks lol

I'm trying to open a 0.04 lot size here on my demo account with fxdd modifying TradeVolume to 10 and nothing happened, tried with 50 too and nothing happened too... the account have 100USD balance and just opening 0.01... anyone know what i have to do to open trades more than 0.01?

Some has tried to put ISEA EA at TadawulFX? Here this broker nothing happened when i to put the ea...not have any orders.....

Well to help narrow down what is wrong why dont you look at your experts and journal to see what is wrong. maybe then you can post it here and someone will see whats going on .

tested broker with good results.

5 digits

http://www.thecollectivefx.com/

http://www.gomarketsaus.com/

http://www.fxcbs.com/

http://www.atcbrokers.com/

4 digits

http://www.fxdd.com/en/index.html

http://www.2pipsforex.com/

ofcause sigmaforex, but do you dare to trust them? will you be walk away with pie of profits?

see http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/sigmaforex.com

4 digits broker FXCH http://www.forex-swiss.com/ excluded, it has greate results there, but they have 5 pips freeze level, so you can only take profits at 5 pips, which is not so bad with 5 pips profits, but more risky.

TadawulFX, only run during asianmarket time, which is greate.

Anyone tested more brokers?

kerfordfx has also 1 pips spread, but I have not get my demo account there activated yet.

as long as data is light filtered, is moves much, then it will doing well. like at FXCBS, data moves a lots, so it is ok there.

I'm trying to open a 0.04 lot size here on my demo account with fxdd modifying TradeVolume to 10 and nothing happened, tried with 50 too and nothing happened too... the account have 100USD balance and just opening 0.01... anyone know what i have to do to open trades more than 0.01?

OK, let's do the math:

Here is my equation:

(Account Balance x (percent risk*0.01) / (StopLoss x TickValue)

Note: percent risk is multipled by 0.01 to get the format I need for my equation. E.g. if percent risk is 2, multiplied by 0.01 gives me 0.02, which is my risk percent as a decimal, needed in this format by the equation.

Note2: TickValue should be for standard lots.

So here we go:

You say you have $100 in the account, and you want bigger lots. With my equation, Account Balance can change, StopLoss can change (although it's fixed in this trading strategy), Risk Percent can change, and TickValue can change, and lots would be given. I put Comments on the chart to double-check visually I'm risking what I want to, no more, no less. Let's plus your numbers in. tradevolume setting of 10 will risk about 2.6% of account. tradevolume of 50 would risk 5 times that much, so 2.6 x 5 = approx. 13% risked. I'm not going over 12% risked, whether trading multiple pairs together risking 12% as a whole, or just one pair risking 12% per trade. We'll run the numbers for both scenarios:

(100 x (2.6 x 0.01)) / (29 x 9.16) //Note 9.16 is the tickvalue for EURCHF at the present time

= 2.60 / 265.64

= you're only wanting to risk $2.60. if trading a standard lot, 29 pips movement would drain your account by $265.64. So we can't trade a standard lot, and must trade a lower number of lots, a partial lot. result of 2.60 / 265.64 = my calculator won't calculate that low of a lot to trade, so the minimum lotsize has most likely been used.

Next, we risk approx. 13% (tradevolume setting of 50):

(100 x (13 x 0.01)) / (29 x 9.16)

= 13 / 265.64

= once again, it's too low of an account balance to give me number of lots to trade, so minimum lot was most likely chosen.

There you go, a good explanation. This means you might want to start with more than $100, or you'll be risking more than 13%, we know, per trade. The choice is yours. Let's see what $400 would do, risking 10% (tradevolume of 40):

(400 x (10 x 0.01)) / (29 x 9.16)

= 40 / 265.64

= 0.15 lots to trade

if we go under 2/3rds of this amount of dollar risked, minimum lots will kick in so that at least a trade happens. so what must change? your initial deposit/account balance, or your risk percent. nothing else can change unless you want to change stop loss.

Whew! Long post, but I hope it gives insight to the members of where I'm coming from. I've spent more time on money management than any other area.

Don

all right, i'm risking about 10% per trade (tradevolume is set to 40, only thing I changed). Trading only on EURCHF M5 chart.

Since I set up a new Sigma account and turned on the EA right before I got off work and brought my laptop home (it made 2 trades without me noticing before I got home LOL, both profitable), I have gained $7,777.93 on this $50,000 account. That, my friends, is a 15% increase on my account in an hour and 20 minutes (and I was driving most of the time LOL)

Don

Edit: I told my wife what I posted in this post, and she said it sounded cocky. Sorry if I offend anyone, I am not trying to sound cocky, I just know much about money management and compounding since I've been studying that mostly for the last year and a half. What I've been missing is the great trading strategy with high win rate, and emotions to trade. EA takes care of all three. Thank you.

Don

Another edit: See, we go by percentages. On that $100 account, this would be a $15 gain, but still 15%. It's the percent and REAL pip value (tickvalue x number of lots) that are important here.

Don

You are VERY welcome. I help where I can. This forum thread has by far been the best thing to happen to me in a long while. I can't help yet with money (the brokers have made me broker), but hopefully that will soon change.

Don

disbellj

Thanks a lot for this good explanation and for your time...

thanks disbellj and finimej for your input to make the EA a better one.

Regarding money management, just to keep it simple, user can choose the percent of capital he/she is willing to risk if the SL is hit, and the MM function of the EA would take care of that. For example:

3% risk (a very commonly used figure, however given the high profitability of this EA the risk could be increased)

SL 29

To calculate the lot size here's the equation:

LotSize = Balance * (Risk / 100) / (TickValue * SL)

Obviously MinLot/MaxLot/LotStep has to be included to make sure the LotSize is indeed tradable.

how are people handling that you cant open 2 pending buy/sell orders? are you guys just going to go with the trend and change the ea to only take buys and sells when u see it is fit? or what? is there any way for a experienced mql coder to put in a INTERNAL pending order? basically the script just waits and doesn't ask the server to open a pending just waits for the time when it needs to open to just open the trade?