ISEA (Investiva Super Expert Advisor)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [Req] ISEA (Investiva Super Expert Advisor)

I backtested both ISEA 4-digit original EA and Grail_2 EA, and can say that although the number of lots traded are x10 on ISEA, the same trades are placed at the same times, and then modified at the same times, and closed at the same times, for the whole last month.

So besides the money management equation being changed so that 10x the number of lots are chosen (but even then ISEA still only risking 0.3% per trade when using TradeVolume of 1 which is default, where Grail_2 risked 0.03% per trade), ISEA and Grail_2 DO look to be the same (they place the same trades, except number of lots. period).

I use TradeVolume 40, and am risking a little over 10% per trade. Last week ended with almost a 30% increase in account on CollectiveFX. I didn't start ISEA 5-digit corrected cleaned up again until a couple hours ago, and have already gained $941.75, so account now $13,858.32, for total 38.58% gain since I started ISEA 5-digit corrected cleaned last week on CollectiveFX. In fact, I've had to edit this section of this post a couple times since I've had two trades while writing this, and both were winners. It's doing better on CollectiveFX than I've seen it do anywhere except Sigma.

BTW, I noticed that when ISEA was trading last week, when the trend was going up, it only traded long. When trend going down, it only traded short. When ranging, it traded both long and short. So to fix the issue with the big losers, and hedging problem, if the EA could be changed to only trade the trends, and not trade when ranging (shut down any trades when ranging starts), then we'd have something. It might not trade like it has today (since today's trades have all been when ranging, BTW only trading EURCHF M5), but I've seen that it's losses happen when done ranging and a trend starts. We wouldn't even have to have as small a take profit is what I'm thinking. Implement my simple money management equation (I can do it if needed) and you'd actually know how much you were risking per trade instead of choosing some lame arbitrary number that really doesn't tell us anything about how much we are risking per trade.

Any ideas how to accomplish making the EA not trade when ranging?

Don

P.S. Gained another $123.21 since I posted this, so gained over $1,000 in the last 2-3 hours. I could stay busy just editing my posts with the new gains LOL.

P.S.S. Now up to $14,462.76. That's 44% in less than a week. If someone says this EA is rubbish, I'd like to say this "rubbish" has earned faster than most traders do manually trading. Can it not be improved where we can trade it? If trading trends, wouldn't have as many trades, but wouldn't even have to have a take profit (take profit when the trend ends and starts ranging again, right?)

Well, I've had two losses today that have eaten up profits - account stands at 13,447. Although this is 35% gain on account in less than two weeks, I have something hopefully better that I'm looking into. I will not be doing any more testing on this EA unless someone wants to actually help the process, since I already have my plate full testing other things. And if you do decide to help, please post your modified EAs or ideas on this foum thread. Since I can't possibly test every scenario, it would help having other people testing and giving recommendations from what they see also, and not just me giving my thoughts.

Also, when I said that the EA buys during an uptrend, what happens is the buy limit is placed below current price. Here are the steps:

1. If MA (16,LWMA,Price Typical) minus 2 pips is greater than Ask minus 30 pips, "AveragePrice" equals MA minus 2 pips.

2. A BuyLimit order is sent using "AveragePrice" as the entry price, "AveragePrice"-stoploss as the stop loss, and "AveragePrice"+5pips as the take profit. Equation is : AveragePrice = MA_currentbar - MA_distance

3. If BuyLimit open price minus "AveragePrice" (again which is MA-2 pips) is greater than 2 pips, the order is modified using the same parameters as in #2 above, except all three values will be at least 2 pips higher: buy limit order price, stop loss, and take profit.

So in an uptrend, the MA goes up, and so does the buy limit,stop loss,take profit. Buy limit only gets hit if there is a spike down on the way up, or after trend is over and starts ranging. So number of buys would be a lot less if trading just trends.

4. Although the take profit is set at 5 pips, the trade will close when in profit 2 pips; or it will close if it hits the stop loss, which is far away and (at least temporary) trend changed long before it was hit (which shows us there is room for improvement along with the fact that it only gets hit when going from ranging to trending).

The sells are handled in the same manner, except opposite. The only real difference in selling is AveragePrice = MA_currentbar + spread + MA_distance (so spread is included), and instead of using minus you use plus in the equations.

Now I have noticed something that slightly disturbs me and may be a problem or may not. It may be one reason I have had even the limited success I have. In the 5-digit corrected cleaned, Point is used. Let me explain: Point in 4 digit broker will equal one pip. But Point in 5 digit broker will equal 1/10th of a pip. So looking at the 5 digit EA's code, it looks like instead of waiting for 2 pip difference before the order is modified, it waits for 2/10ths of a pip difference before the limit order is modified. May be modifying the order too much by doing this, but I don't think it would affect things that much in demo at least IMHO. When going live, that may just be modifying the order too much (at the smallest change basically).

In my EAs, I make uexternal inputs:

//---- Don's Money Management input parameters

extern string DonsMM = "Dons Money Management for Number of Lots";

extern bool UseDonsMM = True;

extern bool UseRealAccountBalance = True;

extern double TheAccountBalance = 10000;

extern int RISK_PERCENT = 1 ;

In my EAs, I make global variables:

double TickSize,TickValue,ThisBrokersPip,ThisBrokersPipValue;

bool JPYPair;

int NormDoubDecRndTo;

In my EAs, here is the code I put into init() that does all the heavy lifting:

TickSize = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKSIZE);

TickValue = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE);

//Figure out what a pip is on this broker

if(Symbol() == "AUDJPY" || Symbol() == "CADJPY" || Symbol() == "CHFJPY" || Symbol() == "EURJPY" || Symbol() == "GBPJPY" || Symbol() == "NZDJPY" || Symbol() == "USDJPY") {

JPYPair = True;

if(TickSize == 0.01) {

ThisBrokersPip = TickSize;

ThisBrokersPipValue = TickValue;

} else if(TickSize == 0.001) {

ThisBrokersPip = TickSize*10;

ThisBrokersPipValue = TickValue*10;

}

} else {

JPYPair = False;

if(TickSize == 0.0001) {

ThisBrokersPip = TickSize;

ThisBrokersPipValue = TickValue;

} else if(TickSize == 0.00001) {

ThisBrokersPip = TickSize*10;

ThisBrokersPipValue = TickValue*10;

}

}

if(MarketInfo(NULL,MODE_LOTSIZE) == 100000) {

NormDoubDecRndTo = 2;

} else if(MarketInfo(NULL,MODE_LOTSIZE) == 10000) {

NormDoubDecRndTo = 1;

}

if(UseRealAccountBalance == True) {

TheAccountBalance = AccountBalance();

} else if(UseRealAccountBalance == False) {

TheAccountBalance = TheAccountBalance;

}

//----------------------- ADJUST LOTS IF USING MONEY MANAGEMENT

if (UseDonsMM == False) {

Lots = Lots ;

} else if (UseDonsMM == True) {

Lots = NormalizeDouble(((AccountBalance()*(RISK_PERCENT*0.01))/(StopLoss*ThisBrokersPipValue)),NormDoubDecRndTo) ;

}

...then the rest of the EA, I replace Point with ThisBrokersPip, so that in inputs, Stop Loss and Take Profit and Trailing Stop (if used) does not have to get multiplied by 10 there, but is totally taken care of in the code. This is how you make a universal EA that works on 4 or 5 digit brokers. After that, you need to make local or global variables that will be used in the following conditions, and then make those conditions: Buy Conditions, Sell Conditions, CloseBuy Conditions, and CloseSell Conditions, at least before having a working EA.

Like I said, if anybody would like to give input, it's appreciated, but unless someone else wants to give to further this, I am busy with other things. Hope everyone can use what I've given.

If for a strategy you have the stop loss and need number of lots calculated, use the equation as I have put it above. If for a strategy you know the number of lots you want to trade, and want to get the max stop loss you can use while trading that amount of lots, replace StopLoss in the equation with the number of lots you are going to trade, and the result will be the max StopLoss you can use.

You may not know the value of the knowledge I've shared in this one post, but it took me months to refine it to this point. Many sleepless nights, etc. So please do use it to help your trading, know your risks, and not drain your account by trading too many lots for your account balance.

Cheers,

Don

I just wanted to say that the EA has made the account gain almost 50% up to this point. Even with the losses, it's like it comes back stronger after it losses at times. Pretty cool. If we can add times when the EA shouldn't trade because there are more chances of a trending market, we'd get the many good trades, and hopefully cut down big on the trades that turn out to be large losers. Smaller Stoploss would also help. Maybe half what it is from looking at the charts would be good.

Don

I'll give my results. My results are from using CollectiveFX as the broker. There are times that I make the computer sleep when traveling to and from work. I may not bring it from sleep as soon as I get to work, or as soon as I get home. The results can update this way, so all members may study how to improve using the results. What times should we cut out? Know when you are looking at the results that I do try to delete limit orders if I am about to travel, and new limit orders are placed almost as soon as I bring up the computer from sleep. If an executed trade is going when I put the computer to sleep, since it has TP and SL, I let it go instead of closing it.

http://disbellj.mt4live.com/

Don

I'll give my results. My results are from using CollectiveFX as the broker. There are times that I make the computer sleep when traveling to and from work. I may not bring it from sleep as soon as I get to work, or as soon as I get home. The results can update this way, so all members may study how to improve using the results. What times should we cut out? Know when you are looking at the results that I do try to delete limit orders if I am about to travel, and new limit orders are placed almost as soon as I bring up the computer from sleep. If an executed trade is going when I put the computer to sleep, since it has TP and SL, I let it go instead of closing it.

Don

Don, I really appreciate your great efforts and knowledge sharing with us.

Don

Hi, i hadn't time to look into this the last few days.as I am not sure when you would like to avoind trading:

- high volatility

- low volatility

- tranding

- sidway

Please let me know. Maybe i can find a good indicator that allows to prevent trading that we can add to the code.

as for SL, yes a smaler woulbe be better, let's say 18 pips.

Also the is already times settng for trading in the EA

Hope someone can help!!

I put tradevolume=10.. AccountEquity=150 according the math below..

150*10/100/1000=0.015 after normalize 0.01 or 0.02? 0.01 lot open! :shock:

150*25/100/100=0.0375 after normalize 0.03 or 0.04? 0.01 lot open! :shock:

150*40/100/100=0.06 after normalize 0.1?? I got 0.1lot open! :shock:

I would like the EA to open microlot... can anyone kind enough to check the code??

Thank you.. :shand:

double Lots()

{

g_minlot_220 = NormalizeDouble(AccountEquity() * TradeVolume / 100.0 / 1000.0, 1);

double l_minlot_0 = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT);

if (g_minlot_220 == 0.0)

g_minlot_220 = l_minlot_0;

return (g_minlot_220);

}

hi,

anyone can help? im new to metatrader 4 and got the collectivefx demo acct to forward test ISEA

i follow the manual for installation and it appears weird though, especially for eur/gbp , it got a $47 loss on the 3000 acct with leverage 1:100

and its weird sometimes its 5pips profit or is it 0.5pips? i not very sure about this please help anyone?

http://bensontest.mt4stats.com/

i left the setting default and using 5 digits

hi disbellj,

mind if you can shed some light on using agressor iape or isea with 4 or 5digits for the collectivefx, im getting weird results sometimes closing at 8 pips loss and sometimes profit at 5 pips and how do u set the lots too? i put 10 value for the isea but it uses 0.1 or 0.3 lots..lol i think i messed up this demo already :shock:

freemenn,

I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

Here's my thinking:

Look at my posted MT4Live.com statement. See what time I started trading when I got the losers. See when the winners started. There looks from the chart "blocks" of winners, and also the losers for the most part seem to be forming "blocks" of losers together also. So if we can see what time we get the "blocks" of losers, don't trade those times.

As far as why I risk 10% per trade:

I figure if we have MANY more winners than losers (not the norm for an EA, but in this case it is), then if I risk a very small percentage, costs may eat up profits, and because my winners are not gaining that much, the loser will hurt worse. By me risking more, the gains carry the account higher, quicker, so when the loss does come, hopefully it doesn't take me down to where I can't return from. There is no other strategy that I would even consider risking 10% per trade on (maybe risking 12% total for 6 pairs, but never 10% per trade trading one pair, so this is a first for me)

Trade in trends or ranges?

Trends would not give as many opportunities as I had thought. Most of the time in the uptrend, the buy is getting modified. Ranging is better for number of trades. Coming out of the range into a trend is what causes the losses though. Maybe just a smaller stop loss would do enough to help. I don't know. Put it like this: I've gained a lot, but just in the last trade I lost over $2,000. So if the loss would have been half that, or if I could have stopped trading (if times can be ascertained to not trade), then I would have kept those gains I had (was up almost 100%, now only up about 70% - from that one loss)

Also, someone said that the EA time is not working. I do have code that would help. Note: I am no programmer. My code does not look like the norm, but it gets the job done as best I can tell, so I use it.

Don

Hi, i hadn't time to look into this the last few days.as I am not sure when you would like to avoind trading:

- high volatility

- low volatility

- tranding

- sidway

Please let me know. Maybe i can find a good indicator that allows to prevent trading that we can add to the code.

as for SL, yes a smaler woulbe be better, let's say 18 pips.

Also the is already times settng for trading in the EA

sgteo,

This is why I want my money management implemented, but I would rather get the one who "cleaned and corrected" ISEA to do the same to Grail_2, so we can start with freely available code to begin with, and fix it. That way we are not building on an EA that is a commercial EA already (so no problems down the road if you know what I mean).

Let's look at this using my money management, OK?

My equation:

(Account Balance x (RiskPercent*0.01)) / (StopLossInPips x ValueOfOnePip)

TradeVolume 10 is risking about 2.5% per trade.

(150 * (2.5*0.01)) / (29*10) (Note: using $10 per pip, although EURGBP is more I think but EURCHF is less)

= 3.75 / 290

=0.012931 (rounded to 2 decimals, so 0.01, or 1 micro lot)

So you are wanting to risk only $3.75, but if you were trading one standard lot you would be risking $290. So obviously we can't trade a standard lot. What can we trade? 1 micro lot.

Just going and changing code is not the answer. You've got to know what you're doing. It took me a long time to be confident as I am in my equation. Why? Because I've used it over and over and over and it stands my tests without fail. I do NOT recommend using the code you posted, but I haven't changed the EA's code because someone said the wanted to keep it (although my code would only be improving the money management understanding by the user, while not changing the fundamental trading strategy of the EA).

Don

Hope someone can help!!

I put tradevolume=10.. AccountEquity=150 according the math below..

150*10/100/1000=0.015 after normalize 0.01 or 0.02? 0.01 lot open! :shock:

150*25/100/100=0.0375 after normalize 0.03 or 0.04? 0.01 lot open! :shock:

150*40/100/100=0.06 after normalize 0.1?? I got 0.1lot open! :shock:

I would like the EA to open microlot... can anyone kind enough to check the code??

Thank you.. :shand:

double Lots()

{

g_minlot_220 = NormalizeDouble(AccountEquity() * TradeVolume / 100.0 / 1000.0, 1);

double l_minlot_0 = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT);

if (g_minlot_220 == 0.0)

g_minlot_220 = l_minlot_0;

return (g_minlot_220);

}

rollover,

Like I have said multiple times, I am only using the IS 5-digit corrected cleaned. I only change the input TradeVolume to 40.

I have not changed code because someone thought it wouldn't be a good idea (and plus I would rather change FREELY AVAILABLE code - Grail_2 - and not COMMERCIAL code - ISEA). Why? Because I'm not just thinking of here and now, I'm thinking of down the road a bit. Wouldn't you rather not have someone come back and say "You stole my code!"? I tested the code, but to actually make money, I'd rather use the free version and start from there.

Just my 2 cents.

Don

hi disbellj,

mind if you can shed some light on using agressor iape or isea with 4 or 5digits for the collectivefx, im getting weird results sometimes closing at 8 pips loss and sometimes profit at 5 pips and how do u set the lots too? i put 10 value for the isea but it uses 0.1 or 0.3 lots..lol i think i messed up this demo already :shock:

You may not know the value of the knowledge I've shared in this one post, but it took me months to refine it to this point. Many sleepless nights, etc. So please do use it to help your trading, know your risks, and not drain your account by trading too many lots for your account balance.

Cheers,

Don

Many thanks for this invaluable post, Don! The information looks highly useful :peace:

Much appreciated! :shand:

Hey can anyone re-up both the 4digit cleaned and 5 digit cleaned? I had to delete mt4 folder and all the links i have are dead..

I couldn't find the 4 digit cleaned, but it should be pretty simple to change the 5 digit code. I found these though, the 5 digit cleaned and the IAPE/ISEA original and mq4:

http://rapid*share.de/files/47408089/IS_5digits_corrected_cleaned.mq4.zip.html

http://rapid*share.de/files/47408088/IAPE___ISEA.zip.html

http://rapid*share.de/files/47408090/ISEA_IAPE_revealed.zip.html

The Graal_2 EA (the free code ISEA is based/copied off) would perhaps be interesting as well, check it out here:

http://articles.mql4.com/163/page2

Ty in advance.

You're welcome 8-)

nissefar,

You're welcome. :)

Since I don't have much money, but do have knowledge gained from much study and doing the wrong thing before getting things right (as far as money management is concerned anyhow. Since I'm po', you can see I don't have the strategy yet), I share what I can.

I figure if using good money management, and a good trading strategy, put into an expert advisor, to bypass emotions, then becoming a millionaire within a year is totally doable (and that was when I calculated starting from $500, getting 20 pips a day off each pair of 5 or 6 pairs, I could get there in around 8 months I think it was, maybe under. It's been a while).

Thank you,

Don

Many thanks for this invaluable post, Don! The information looks highly useful :peace:

Much appreciated! :shand: