Volume : The Truth of Secret !!

This systems is purely based on list of indicators to help determining timing to enter the market.

For Buy :

- The main direction has to be long. You have to see the colors of the different indicators, if most of them are blue/lime, then it's ok for long only. You should also check higher TF. I used in this test M1 for signals, M5 and M15 for confirmation. According to Hafiz, it is better to work on M15 with H1 confirmation or only with H1. Personally I have not enough patience for such timeframes ^^ (I have only one life and it's better to scalp on M1).

- BrainTrend arrow has to be up.

- The lime iMax has to be over the magenta iMax.

- The volume in gray has to cover the NVO (over the white histogram).

- You buy on a down candle, and on the lower of this candle (no wick at the bottom, i.e no yellow histogram on the wick indicator). That's what scalpers like to call price action. Maybe I'm wrong and it is the contrary, but it seems to be the best way to do (you have more space).

- If you think that you are at the beginning of a trend, you let the first orders go, and you scalp with new orders (5-10-15 pips of TP).

Vice-versa for sell.

Test it during several hours, you will have a better idea.

download link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/101880273/6c066558

Enjoy!! :D

Re: Volume : The Truth of Secret !!

Be careful my friends.

Forex spot market doesn't have volume.

Each and every volume indicator out there is fake.

Forex spot is over the counter market. It doesn't have an exchange, thus there is no way to provide the volume.

Every gurus claiming that forex spot market has volume are stupid and should go back to investment 101.

Regards,

Ore no Shinka Hikari yo Hayai. Zen Uchi o Nani no Mono Ore no Shinka Chuito Kore Nai.

Ten no Michi yo Iki. Subete o Sukosadoru Otoko.

• 2 weeks later...

This systems is purely based on list of indicators to help determining timing to enter the market.

For Buy :

- The main direction has to be long. You have to see the colors of the different indicators, if most of them are blue/lime, then it's ok for long only. You should also check higher TF. I used in this test M1 for signals, M5 and M15 for confirmation. According to Hafiz, it is better to work on M15 with H1 confirmation or only with H1. Personally I have not enough patience for such timeframes ^^ (I have only one life and it's better to scalp on M1).

- BrainTrend arrow has to be up.

- The lime iMax has to be over the magenta iMax.

- The volume in gray has to cover the NVO (over the white histogram).

Thank 4 sharing,i'll modified for my own use(For GBPJPY and EUR JPY),x scalping.Day Trading style. :shand:

• 2 weeks later...

Metatrader use "tick Volume" as did TradeGuider Software's VSA from esignal , it has 70-80% accuracy, btw.

i'm using volume data from akmos

Hi tgt123,

May I know what is the particular reasons of choosing akmos?

1) They have 2 platforms offer, AFMSystem and MT4, which one you r using? WHY?

2) Any differences of data feed between real and demo account?

3) So far, do U find the AKmos offering the best "free" data feed/tick volume when comparing to other brokers, especially MT4 brokers eg, IBFX.

Thanks,

reyna.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing. Sharing is caring

Metatrader use "tick Volume" as did TradeGuider Software's VSA from esignal , it has 70-80% accuracy, btw.

i'm using volume data from akmos

Hi tgt123,

May I know what is the particular reasons of choosing akmos?

1) They have 2 platforms offer, AFMSystem and MT4, which one you r using? WHY?

2) Any differences of data feed between real and demo account?

3) So far, do U find the AKmos offering the best "free" data feed/tick volume when comparing to other brokers, especially MT4 brokers eg, IBFX.

Thanks,

reyna.

1) I'm using akmos IDle to send realtime Metastock to TradeGuider. ( Volume Spread Analysis ) Program

2) I only use demo account, I think real and demo the tick volume are the same

3) I found out the ( Volume Spread Analysis ) is more accurate from Akmos IDle's data compare using converted data from MT4 data to Metastock, ( cos Tradeguifer only read Metastock file )

1) I'm using akmos IDle to send realtime Metastock to TradeGuider. ( Volume Spread Analysis ) Program

2) I only use demo account, I think real and demo the tick volume are the same

3) I found out the ( Volume Spread Analysis ) is more accurate from Akmos IDle's data compare using converted data from MT4 data to Metastock, ( cos Tradeguifer only read Metastock file )

Thank you tgt123,

it is new and interesting to me. Tradeguider has been shared in this forum, could it be used as mentioned above. Any specific version of Metastock required? Possible bro to brief us the procedures to setup the system (interfacing/data retrieval between Akmos Idle, metastok and tradeguider).

Thanks,

reyna

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing. Sharing is caring

i agree with william, no such thing as volume in this market. momentum yes but if u want volume trade stocks or something centralised.

here is an article found from goggling..

Tick volume was something that I always thought was utterly useless in forex trading because you don't know the size, but I'm starting to learn that it is not useless at all. The importance of volume in stock trading is well known, but in forex we do not have access to this data except in the form of the weekly commitment of traders reports. That tells you something in a bigger picture way.

Tick on the other hand merely shows us the up/down price swaps without the volume size, so whats the use? Actually there is plenty of use, if you are intraday trading which I have started to do more of due to trading news releases. I think that volume size is of less importance in forex. Even if you had an ECN broker platform and could see the level II data, knowing the transaction sizes that went through is of little use as you do not know WHY people are moving the currency.

Stocks on the other hand are bought for only one reason, to invest, so large size indicates that people importance and wealth believe the stock is worthy. But currencies move around for a multitude of other reasons making volume size kind of irrelevant. If Honda decide to hedge 500 million before shipping cars overseas of what relevance is that to you? If you saw the level II data you would see swaps going on in chunks like 5 million, 15 million, 50 million, 5 million, 5 million, 100 million, 20 million.... etc etc. What does this tell you? Nothing... You do not know who is moving this money or why.

But what tick volume does tell you is the amount of activity going through the market. The forex market has a normal daily pattern of activity which I wish to see - it is the breathing of the market. That generally amounts to low volume in asia, large volume in london, lulls before news releases, and medium volume in the US. Thats a normal day. Any deviation to this is something to take note of.

Tick also shows you certain things for instance a sudden bust in the tick rate at a key level can indicate that price has run into an area thick with take profit orders or stops, and this can move the market directionally temporarily until all these orders have gone through. Forex does that a lot; it has to sometimes chew through a ton of orders that were piled up at certain levels before the prevailing sentiment can take hold again.

Also you can see when a move is dying as all the volume begins to slow down, and it also gives clues when the market is just in a directionless drift. This is becoming an increasingly useful tool in my day to day activities.

hi tgt,

appreciate if u could, how-to go about getting MT4 data to Metastock, if there is any link or plugin etc...I will be using it for Metastock software

tks ahead :)

An Explanation of How and Why TradeGuider Detects Professional Activity in the FOREX Markets!!

Although many people think that there is no Volume in FOREX, eSignal produce a volume histogram with their FOREX data. How is this done, well, you can find out a lot more by going to the following eSignal page:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/faq/esignal/forex/default.asp .

Q: Where does eSignal get it’s FOREX data from?

A: Forex data from GTIS -- an affiliate of FT Interactive Data and sister company to eSignal and the primary supplier, for more than 20 years, of foreign exchange information used by traders, corporations and financial institutions:

Spot rates for more than 100 currencies, as well as precious metals

Cross rates

Forward rates

Nearly 200 global bank and broker contributions (Asia / Pacific Rim, Russia, Europe and North America) -Check out the complete listing from the link below:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/symbol/forex2.htx?source=$(source)

Additional contributors: Garban Intercapital, the world’s leading derivatives, securities and money broking business, and Tullett & Tokyo Liberty,

one of the largest inter-dealer brokers in the world.

Forex Market Depth with the ability to view the best bid / ask by Forex contributor.

Foreign Currency Options (FCO) from the Philadelphia Stock Exchange (PHLX), the first organized stock exchange in the U.S. and one of North America's primary marketplaces.

Q: I’m seeing the volume histogram update on FOREX issues in eSignal, what does that volume represent?

A: The volume histogram for Forex issues represents the number of transactions or ticks and not true "trade size" activity. It's much like most futures contracts, where the volume histogram reflects the volume of transactions or updates during each given interval.

It is important to understand that TradeGuider does not need actual volume but relative volume compared to the previous bar to give a VSA indicator. Volume in FOREX can be seen as activity, and it is this activity that TradeGuider picks up extremely well when using the eSignal datafeed.

Here is an explanation from Tom Williams, the creator of TradeGuider.

Q: How do the VSA principles work in Spot FOREX and TradeGuider?

A: First of all you have to realize that the “Smart Money”, or ”Professional money” is very active in the FOREX market. “Professional Money” as we shall refer to it here, can be trading syndicates, individual traders with huge capital, large financial institutions, certain funds such as ‘The Quantum Fund’ operated by George Soros, and large institutional banks.

See further information in this letter from The Derivatives Study Center sent to The Commodity Futures Trading Commission in August 2000 by clicking the link below:

http://www.financialpolicy.org/dsccftcletter.htm

These individuals or organizations are very secret in their dealings, as they do not want others to know what they are doing. The result of this is no volume, however, tick volume works. Tick volume is added to the price movement on every price tick up or down, because one may deal in 5M while the very next trader only deals 500k, but we get one tick each dealer. Bear in mind the number one principle, that from the tick volume created, 90% will be from “Professional Money” and their dealers.

When these very large orders go through, they have a following, the same as the futures pits; this automatically creates more ticks, hence higher volume. So TradeGuider will analyze the tick volume as if it were real volume, and will clearly show this “Professional Money” either participating or just as importantly not participating in the movement of a currency. When we hear of strength and weakness in a currency, this is nothing more than professional support or lack of it, and can be clearly seen on the TradeGuider Chart.

Remember when in 1992 George Soros massively shorted the British Pound forcing the Bank Of England to eventually withdraw from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, well, this is one very well known example of “Professional Money” having a dramatic effect on a currency. This happens every day, you just need to know what to look for. Have a look at the chart and what the volume did in that famous move by George Soros:

Here's a famous example...

BRITISH GOVERNMENT NO MATCH FOR GEORGE SOROS

In 1992 the British pound fell so sharply that Britain was forced to leave the Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM). What do you think was behind this famous fall? Yes, you guessed it, professional money! The money in question was the Quantum Fund, run by the renowned speculator George Soros. He and his analysts had spotted a potential weakness in the ERM. During the weeks before the massive sell-off of the British pound, George Soros was busy exchanging seven billion US dollars for German Deutschemarks. When the time was right he moved in fast, selling the British pound. As the pound fell the Deutschemark rose, creating huge profits for Soros. As soon as news of this got out the other professionals followed suit. The onslaught was overwhelming and too much for Norman Lamont,

the then UK Chancellor of the Exchequer.

In an attempt to halt the slide Lamont resorted to selling some of Britain's gold reserves. He put up interest rates three times during one day, but this was still no match for the professionals. Now, if a government can't beat the professionals, what hope do individual traders have?

Will upload the ebooks and screen shot later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and the reason why I came is because I saw from google that someone use tradeguider feed by akmos live and that's what I wanna do ;)

I only use refresh every 2 minutes as I haven't find the way to set it in realtime... I would be so grateful if someone will be able to show me how to do it !!

i agree with william, no such thing as volume in this market. momentum yes but if u want volume trade stocks or something centralised.

here is an article found from goggling..

Tick volume was something that I always thought was utterly useless in forex trading because you don't know the size, but I'm starting to learn that it is not useless at all. The importance of volume in stock trading is well known, but in forex we do not have access to this data except in the form of the weekly commitment of traders reports. That tells you something in a bigger picture way.

Tick on the other hand merely shows us the up/down price swaps without the volume size, so whats the use? Actually there is plenty of use, if you are intraday trading which I have started to do more of due to trading news releases. I think that volume size is of less importance in forex. Even if you had an ECN broker platform and could see the level II data, knowing the transaction sizes that went through is of little use as you do not know WHY people are moving the currency.

Stocks on the other hand are bought for only one reason, to invest, so large size indicates that people importance and wealth believe the stock is worthy. But currencies move around for a multitude of other reasons making volume size kind of irrelevant. If Honda decide to hedge 500 million before shipping cars overseas of what relevance is that to you? If you saw the level II data you would see swaps going on in chunks like 5 million, 15 million, 50 million, 5 million, 5 million, 100 million, 20 million.... etc etc. What does this tell you? Nothing... You do not know who is moving this money or why.

But what tick volume does tell you is the amount of activity going through the market. The forex market has a normal daily pattern of activity which I wish to see - it is the breathing of the market. That generally amounts to low volume in asia, large volume in london, lulls before news releases, and medium volume in the US. Thats a normal day. Any deviation to this is something to take note of.

Tick also shows you certain things for instance a sudden bust in the tick rate at a key level can indicate that price has run into an area thick with take profit orders or stops, and this can move the market directionally temporarily until all these orders have gone through. Forex does that a lot; it has to sometimes chew through a ton of orders that were piled up at certain levels before the prevailing sentiment can take hold again.

Also you can see when a move is dying as all the volume begins to slow down, and it also gives clues when the market is just in a directionless drift. This is becoming an increasingly useful tool in my day to day activities.

Yes, I use the COT Data to check the Volume.

I also time the Volume through trading sessions. Timming for Usd/Jpy is much different than Eur/Usd for instance.

I believe that each currency pair must be studied on its own. I like this article.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm using the Akmos Trade IDLe software with TradeGuider RT and the interfacing is working fine. Using it on their 14 day demo trial. But every now and then the IDLe software will lock up and i'll have to End Task it and run again. Other than that it works fine, but only updates the charts on the TF i'm using ...so if I have the 15 min chart opened then every 15 minutes the chart is updated.

Does any know if there are any companies offering Free trial periods on Live Data Feeds that I can incorporate with TradeGuider RT?

Also i'm using TradeGuider RT v. 2.5.3 any have Tradeguider RT 3.0?

thanks

Hi

I'm using the Akmos Trade IDLe software with TradeGuider RT and the interfacing is working fine. Using it on their 14 day demo trial. But every now and then the IDLe software will lock up and i'll have to End Task it and run again. Other than that it works fine, but only updates the charts on the TF i'm using ...so if I have the 15 min chart opened then every 15 minutes the chart is updated.

Does any know if there are any companies offering Free trial periods on Live Data Feeds that I can incorporate with TradeGuider RT?

Also i'm using TradeGuider RT v. 2.5.3 any have Tradeguider RT 3.0?

thanks

You can renew Akmos demo every 14 days, just login to its site, and click renew button.

Volume in forex even if it really existed would be less meaningful because of the huge difference of leverage in all orders. Tick volume shows actually the price fluctuation if there is large tick volume compared to day's mean shows increased activity otherwise decreased activity that's all.

regards

Ad augusta per angusta

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...